Jalen Reagor trade rumors, he removes Eagles from social media

Mr-Bueno

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So if there was expectations he would not have broken Randy Moss rookie receiving record ??

If he was here I highly doubt he would have broken 900 yards receiving let alone Moss's record.

5 minutes ago, greend said:

Well we do have Hurts as our quarterback so he has a point

Hurts vs. Cousins has nothing to do with whether or not Jefferson is a better player than Reagor.  Jefferson would be more productive here than Reagor.  There's no way a case could be made otherwise.  Reagor is constantly in the wrong place, running poor routes, and just plain dropping the ball.  He's terrible.  Jefferson is a professional WR.  Quez Watkins has outperformed Reagor.  I'm sure Jefferson wouldn't have become a Pro Bowler as a rookie or even in his second year, but I'm sure he'd be at least as productive as Quez has been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

If he was here I highly doubt he would have broken 900 yards receiving let alone Moss's record.

Why?  Smith did.

1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

Even if Greg Ward was the QB, he would have easily doubled Reagor's 396 yards as a rookie.

Reagor has 695 yards in two years, Jefferson has 3016.  

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I was saying Jefferson before Lamb was selected.  Just sayin'.

Well, you have me. Lamb was my top and Jefferson my second. 

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Why?  Smith did.

In 17 games, with a different offense and an offensive line that was intact. Alshon, a legit #1 WR only had 800 yards in 2017 and that offense was at its best. That offense was not stat friendly to WRs.

Plus the 2020 team was dreadful. I think you guys forget that.

• Like 1

Just now, pallidrone said:

In 17 games, with a different offense and an offensive line that was intact. Alshon, a legit #1 WR only had 800 yards in 2017 and that offense was at its best. That offense was not stat friendly to WRs.

Plus the 2020 team was dreadful. I think you guys forget that.

I don't.  I remember it very well.  I also remember that Reagor was a major part of that dreadfulness.  396 yards as a rookie, even fewer in his second year.  

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Even if Greg Ward was the QB, he would have easily doubled Reagor's 396 yards as a rookie.

Reagor has 695 yards in two years, Jefferson has 3016.  

Again, not arguing Jefferson versus Reagor. Denzel Mims, KJ Hamler, and Van Jefferson probably would have easily doubled it as well.

Reagor has not much production in NFL to showcase, he probably has very little trade value.  If Howie will take the blame of drafting the wrong player too high, Reagor will be cut to save the roster spot.  It may be a cap dead money move.

15 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Again, not arguing Jefferson versus Reagor. Denzel Mims, KJ Hamler, and Van Jefferson probably would have easily doubled it as well.

Look Reagor was a terrible pick, and Jefferson has turned out to be a star - but despite this, the Vikes put up two losing seasons with him on the roster and fired their coach.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Allocation of resources is why it matters.  Reagor's draft status also leads to his contract structure that makes him more expensive to cut than keep.  Reagor was also a horrible pick due to whom else was available and were widely acknowledged as better prospects.  I'll add that this team didn't have the luxury of focusing only on speed for their WR, which is why they've had to double dip at WR since then, after screwing up with a 2nd round pick with JJAW.  4 very high picks plus more in the trades involved in 4 straight years at WR.  That's pathetic.

So out of these four very high picks two probably gave us really good receivers in Smith and Brown and two busts in Reagor and Jjaw. I understand that you expected more but in the real world that counts as success.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, homerpat said:

Look fans aren’t right half the time, but the collective football world saw Jefferson as a gift falling in our laps and we passed on him.

Haha sure.

7 hours ago, homerpat said:

Howie deserves every ounce of criticism he gets for this move. Just like praise he gets for some of his other moves. I have a facebook post I reshape every year that just says God F ing Damnit Why?!?!

which magically was five seconds after passing on Jefferson for Raegor. 

Grow up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Procus said:

Look Reagor was a terrible pick, and Jefferson has turned out to be a star - but despite this, the Vikes put up two losing seasons with him on the roster and fired their coach.

Yeah, it's Jefferson's fault that the Vikings are 29th and 24th in points allowed his two years in the league.

6 hours ago, Procus said:

True.  But this is the ultimate team sport.  He would almost surely have helped here more so than Reagor has.  He may not have become the star he is now for other reasons, but hard to believe he’d have had a worst start to his career than Reagor.  Anyway, I think I am finally done talking about Reagor vs Jefferson …. time to put that one to rest and move on.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Infam said:

So out of these four very high picks two probably gave us really good receivers in Smith and Brown and two busts in Reagor and Jjaw. I understand that you expected more but in the real world that counts as success.

Did you forget about the $100M contract?  4 very high picks, a few later round picks, and $100M.  Seems Howie is the kind of guy who buys a watch from a guy he meets on the street for $10, because it's a good deal.  Then, he'll realizes that watch has no mechanisms inside it... so the next time he's on that same street, he's smarter about it.  He buys that watch this time from a different guy for $20.  Turns out that one runs backwards.  So, the next time he's going to that street, he sees a different guy selling watches.  But he finally decides to go into a store and shop for a real watch.  

Chip Kelly made a lot of bonehead moves in the personnel dept., and the team recovered nicely and made a few ballsy moves that paid off.  This is a league of redemption.  Difference between now and then is that it was Howie that made the bonehead moves.  Yeah, they hurt - but I believe the Eagles can overcome them and am excited to watch this team take the field.  There's been a lot of average teams over the years, and a stinker in 2020 which in and of itself was a stinker of a year.  But there's also been consistent playoff appearances and that SB.  Bottom line is that we have a fun young roster, energetic young staff and a chest full of draft picks.  There's some issues, but this team is shaping up nicely.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Hurts vs. Cousins has nothing to do with whether or not Jefferson is a better player than Reagor.  Jefferson would be more productive here than Reagor.  There's no way a case could be made otherwise.  Reagor is constantly in the wrong place, running poor routes, and just plain dropping the ball.  He's terrible.  Jefferson is a professional WR.  Quez Watkins has outperformed Reagor.  I'm sure Jefferson wouldn't have become a Pro Bowler as a rookie or even in his second year, but I'm sure he'd be at least as productive as Quez has been.

Jefferson is a better player bro. But with noodle arm the runner throwing to him he wouldn't be as productive 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, greend said:

Jefferson is a better player bro. But with noodle arm the runner throwing to him he wouldn't be as productive 

Correct.  But, he'd be more productive than Reagor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Infam said:

Haha sure.

Grow up.

Way too add to the conversation. You can go back on board archives and see hundreds of posts upset about passing Jefferson prior to either playing a down in nfl

8 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Jalen Reagor played with Wentz and stunk, but the beanbaggers seem to forget that part. Reagor got to play with Minshew against one of the worst teams and football and he caught one pass. Seriously people are idiots. 

2019 College Numbers

• Justin Jefferson      15 Games 1540 yards 18 TDs
  • Brandon Aiyuk         12 Games 1192 Yards 8 TDs
  • Tee Higgins              15 Games 1167 Yards 13TDs
  • Michael PIttman Jr 13 Games 1275 Yards 11TDs
  • Chase Claypool       13 Games 1037 Yards 13TDs
  • Jalen Reagor           12 Games 611 Yards  5TDs

Which one do you draft, the guys who went over 1k and 0.75 TD's a game and up against top end competition, or the guy who couldn't beat 750 yards or 0.5TD a game but ****ed a good a story about how his production was because his QB wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

False equivalence fallacy.   The question is, would he have been a significant update from the train wreck that Reagor has been?   Most definitely.   

Next question, would Wentz have struggled a little less with a competent WR on the field?  We'll never know.   Perhaps Wentz clearly preferred the TEs and backs because they were where they were supposed to be.  2017 Wentz didn't prefer TEs and backs, he threw to the WRs a great deal.  In 2018, the trust in WRs started to erode as the WRs became less reliable and more injured.  In 2019, he was left with Robert Davis, Deontay Burnett, and Greg Ward.  And it got weaker in 2020 with Travis Fulgham as the leading receiver in terms of yards and Ward in terms of receptions.

Regardless of what Jefferson's stats would have been... his SKILLS far exceed Reagor's and he'd have been a better option on the field.  There's no debating that.  Arguing that they screwed up by not drafting Jefferson and selecting Reagor instead because Jefferson wouldn't have been as ridiculously productive as he was in Minny if he were here is just a logical fallacy.  No one is suggesting that he'd have been a Pro Bowler here, but he would have been a massive upgrade here over Reagor.  Otherwise, we shouldn't have traded for Brown now, because he won't be as productive here as he was in Tennessee.  In Tennessee he had an experienced and more proficient QB in Tannehill.  

If only the Eagles would.  But, he'll be back again this year and he'll stick around.  And we'll reap the benefits.  👍

Again, I was not suggesting that Reagor was the better pick.  But Wentz was the worst QB in the league and QBs play a huge role in a rookie WRs production. Not to mention coaching. The eagles had a new WR coach almost every year under Pedersen.  How do you know what Reagor would have done in Minnesota?   Certainly, at that time, it was a much better place for a young WR than philly.

Wentz's struggles had nothing to do with the WRs he had......he had a multitude of issues that started in his head and emerged in his physical play.  

The point is that Jefferson should have been the pick......but his production was HUGELY affected by having a seasoned, accurate veteran like Cousins. To think he would have done anything close to what he did with the worst QB in the league like Wentz is crazy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Correct.  But, he'd be more productive than Reagor.

True