EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

nothing like the guy saying awful ideas come from the blog from the guy who told us we should trade our draft picks for saquan barkley cause he was going to be the greatest running backs ever, start sudfeld in his first start in a playoff game and Reuben randle was the 2nd best WR on the team.  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No there was multiple people. Became quite the popular idea in here like most awful ideas do. 

Sure Jan GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, eaglestime34 said:

Michigan was ranked top 5 in Brady's senior year and won the orange bowel.   But yes I do agree with your point. 

Ew

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Sure Jan GIFs | Tenor

I suggested we could try trading him instead of Ertz. Not because he's a bad player or that Ertz was/is better, but we are going to waste his prime on this idiot who can't throw the ball. 

I like Goedert, but some people act like he's Witten in his prime. 

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I suggested we could try trading him instead of Ertz. Not because he's a bad player or that Ertz was/is better, but we are going to waste his prime on this idiot who can't throw the ball. 

I like Goedert, but some people act like he's Witten in his prime. 

I said before the season it was curious the eagles haven’t had any news about extending him with him becoming a FA at he end of the year. I speculated that maybe he was asking for too much money since he was a year away from FA that maybe he saw what Henry and Jonnu got and wanted dramatically more and the eagles at that time were willing to play it out cause they could always fall back on the franchise tag in worse case scenario.

I said i also wouldn’t be surprised if they couldn’t see a realistic path to an extension that they might look into see what his trade market value would be. And if we believe joel Corey (ertz’s agent) the eagles attempted to use goedert in a deal for Deshaun watson and it held up what they were going to do with ertz. 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I said before the season it was curious the eagles haven’t had any news about extending him with him becoming a FA at he end of the year. I speculated that maybe he was asking for too much money since he was a year away from FA that maybe he saw what Henry and Jonnu got and wanted dramatically more and the eagles at that time were willing to play it out cause they could always fall back on the franchise tag in worse case scenario.

I said i also wouldn’t be surprised if they couldn’t see a realistic path to an extension that they might look into see what his trade market value would be. And if we believe joel Corey (ertz’s agent) the eagles attempted to use goedert in a deal for Deshaun watson and it held up what they were going to do with ertz. 

Yep. Reasonable way to think. 

No one on the board said "Goedert sucks, trade him!"

Off topic ,

The Thunder have 21 first rd picks from now until 2028 , damn 

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Off topic ,

The Thunder have 21 first rd picks from now until 2028 , damn 

Imo the reason the sixers for crucified for their tank was because fans/organization glorified it as the process and it was Philadelphia. Okc is basically doing the same thing and I’d argue at a slower rate. But it’s OKC so no one cares and they aren’t being flashy about it 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Imo the reason the sixers for crucified for their tank was because fans/organization glorified it as the process and it was Philadelphia. Okc is basically doing the same thing and I’d argue at a slower rate. But it’s OKC so no one cares and they aren’t being flashy about it 

And we are paying for our sins by being stuck with Doc

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’d add ownership being bad is making us pay for the sins as they gave colangelo, brand and brett brown way more power than they should. All wasted and pissed away assets, picks and cap space. Doc is just the cherry on top of the crap sundae

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I did hear talk a few nights ago that the Lakers were interested in him; maybe he jumps ship …. 

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

I did hear talk a few nights ago that the Lakers were interested in him; maybe he jumps ship …. 

Naw lakers hired Ham today so that’s done. Sixers won’t fire him cause they owe him 24 mil for 3 more years. Fire him have to pay him and then whoever they hire. 

I was one of the main advocates for trading Goedert and keeping Ertz.  The reasons weren't that Goedert isn't good or worth the money but this team wasn't and isn't in a position to pay a premium at a position like TE when there are so many holes across the roster.  Add in the possible return of a 2nd and change that DG could have brought back and it made sense to me.

As it is now, we have nearly $160 million tied up in to AJ Brown and Dallas Goedert while having a quarterback who's weakness is throwing the ball.  

If we knew that AJ Brown was going to catch 90 passes and Goedert was going to have around 75 catches then the investment would make more sense.  As it stands now, I think we're lucky if AJ, DG and DeVonta see 65 catches each.  

I was on board with getting draft picks for Goedert, not spending top TE money and bringing back Ertz while investing in TE next year.  TE is evolving and there are lots of guys coming up the college ranks who are going to be mismatches in the NFL.  

Ertz, Calcaterra an extra 2nd and 4th plus around $30 million in salary savings still looks attractive to me.  Taking nothing away from Goedert but Ertz is still playinng at a high level and I think the production would be the same.

4 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

If Troy Aikman was drafted by the Bengals, he wouldn’t sniff the hall of fame.

If David Carr was drafted by a team with an NFL-caliber Oline, we’d know his name better than Derek’s.

If Tom Brady didn’t land with Belichick, he’d have half as many rings at best and would be "in the conversation”, not unanimous GOAT.

absolutely B. Too much of a QB’s legacy is influenced by team performance 

Disagree with the sentiment here. I think Brady made BB look a lot better than he is, not the other way around. BB will never sniff another SB and he didn’t win anything with the Browns, either. Meanwhile TB walked into a new team and won them a ring.

Put another way, if TB was here during the AR years, he might have won MORE Super Bowls than he did with the Patriots.

14 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I was one of the main advocates for trading Goedert and keeping Ertz.  The reasons weren't that Goedert isn't good or worth the money but this team wasn't and isn't in a position to pay a premium at a position like TE when there are so many holes across the roster.  Add in the possible return of a 2nd and change that DG could have brought back and it made sense to me.

As it is now, we have nearly $160 million tied up in to AJ Brown and Dallas Goedert while having a quarterback who's weakness is throwing the ball.  

If we knew that AJ Brown was going to catch 90 passes and Goedert was going to have around 75 catches then the investment would make more sense.  As it stands now, I think we're lucky if AJ, DG and DeVonta see 65 catches each.  

I was on board with getting draft picks for Goedert, not spending top TE money and bringing back Ertz while investing in TE next year.  TE is evolving and there are lots of guys coming up the college ranks who are going to be mismatches in the NFL.  

Ertz, Calcaterra an extra 2nd and 4th plus around $30 million in salary savings still looks attractive to me.  Taking nothing away from Goedert but Ertz is still playinng at a high level and I think the production would be the same.

Why did you speak for all of us???????

Great players find ways to be great, regardless of the situation. They don’t need others to achieve greatness. Yes, being in certain situations or surrounded with certain people help some become great, but then you have to question how great they really are. A truly great player helps others become great, not vice versa. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Why did you speak for all of us???????

I thought head EMB racist came with extra responsibilities.

11 minutes ago, TEW said:

Disagree with the sentiment here. I think Brady made BB look a lot better than he is, not the other way around. BB will never sniff another SB and he didn’t win anything with the Browns, either. Meanwhile TB walked into a new team and won them a ring.

Put another way, if TB was here during the AR years, he might have won MORE Super Bowls than he did with the Patriots.

Half their SBs, it wasn't necessarily Brady that won it for them.  The defense was a big reason they won the first 3 SBs.  Brady can also thank Butler for making one of the biggest interceptions in SB history to win a ring.  Their last SB win the defense shut down the Rams.  Obviously I'm not downplaying Bradys contributions to NE 6 championships but Belichick and the defense had alot to do with winning those rings too.

Also, that new team Brady walked into and won a ring was also a stacked team that just needed a QB. Belichick issue right now is he isn't getting enough talent on offense, similar to the Eagles the last couple years.

I think both Brady and Belichick should get equal praise as both are great in their own ways.  It's extremely doubtful that we will see a 20 year run like we did from the Pats.

12 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Yeah... I paid my taxes for 2019... I just don't want to pay more than I am supposed to.  :lol: 

Can you just file an amended return that includes the missing form?

Wow what a finish in the avs blues game. Goal on a heck of a shot with 5 seconds left to end the blues season 

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I'd say B.

Just look at Mahomes and Brady in college.  Were their Texas Tech and Michigan teams anything to write home about?  If they were great no matter circumstances, I would think their college teams would have faired better.

Lloyd Carr is a massive idiot. He kept trying to start Drew Henson because Drew had the prototypical height and build. They'd start Henson and he'd trash the game then they'd bring in Brady who'd bring them back and win the game. He was clutch as it gets coming out of college. He didn't throw the greatest ball but his will to win was off the charts. Google his combine and you'll see why people passed on him. He looks like a string bean who can't run. Once he got his shot he never looked back.

People were afraid of Mahommes because he threw off-base on the run a lot. He's very good at throwing from odd angles and they didn't trust it to translate. He'd have been good no matter where he went but having Reid involved in his development has taken him to another level. Texas Tech scored massive points his last year but their defense gave up massive points. They lost two games putting up over 50 points. They lost 68-55 and 66-59 that year. The team stunk but Mahommes lit it up.

12 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Can you just file an amended return that includes the missing form?

I am, with an attached letter.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I am, with an attached letter.

Start off the letter with "as a Sovereign Citizen” 

Even when Ertz was traded you still had people here wanting the Eagles to let Goedert walk at the end of the year instead of signing him to a new deal.  Acting like TE has the importance of FB in the NFL when it has shown to be a consistently very important position for contending teams over the past decade and Goedert is a top tier TE talent just entering his prime. 

1 hour ago, TEW said:

Possibly, but that doesn’t change the greatness vs team narrative.

What if he was a Lion?

Archived