Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And now he’s slamming the Bella Twins 

Accuser #1 and 2?

5 hours ago, austinfan said:

That same LT who was crippled by missing a couple days with Stoutland finished the season as the 2nd highest ranked LT by PFF.

Very nice straw man.  You can do better.

1 - No one has claimed he was 'crippled'.  I have only said that young players would "benefit" from extra reps.
2 - Mailata is one of many young players on the OL that could use extra reps with Stoutland.  But, I'm sure that there's absolutely nothing that Mailata still has to learn.  He's a finished product, right?   But, at the same time, a guy who has been playing QB his whole life still has potential to grow into the job.   Are these the opposing views you are trying to put together now and build some sort of cogent argument?  Mailata can't get better with more reps, but Hurts needs another whole season to get more reps before we can know what he is, or isn't?  
3 - I don't care, and have never cared what PFF's rankings are. 

8 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I was gonna mock this but looking at the NFC that #4 spot it's not as if there's a ton of competition.  Pretty much comes down to the Eagles, Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, 49ers, and Cardinals.  49ers probably deserve it though.  A lot of the Eagles improvements are just "on paper" right now and still have Hurts at QB.

jalen-hurts.gif

9 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Do it one more time, see what happens

Ohhhhh. Your either an internet tough guy or I guess a moderator. If you dont know, I post from time to time some memes, or cute girls and to try to work a funny joke in about the eagles. If thats too harsh or your getting all bent out of shape about that. I can actually respect that, and I will go back to just reading the post and keeping up with the birds. It is a privilege to have this site, since the eagles closed theirs down.

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And now he’s slamming the Bella Twins 

south-park-lucky.gif

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Harper fractured his thumb. There goes the season 

Star Philly athletes and thumb injuries is the new dynamic duo 

Saints lost Williams, Armstead and Jenkins, have a new HC, have crablegs at QB, and are now possibly losing Kamara for 6 games. That first could be might interesting. 

17 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Saints lost Williams, Armstead and Jenkins, have a new HC, have crablegs at QB, and are now possibly losing Kamara for 6 games. That first could be might interesting. 

I’d expect it to mirror Miami’s first this past year. It’s going to look like a top 5 pick for a while; then they’ll figure things out and itll be in the teens.  Still a nice pick.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I’d expect it to mirror Miami’s first this past year. It’s going to look like a top 5 pick for a while; then they’ll figure things out and itll be in the teens.  Still a nice pick.

Short of something unexpected, there's only so far they could possibly crash facing Atlanta and Carolina twice unfortunately . Still with the losses piling up I wouldn't be totally shocked with a pick in the 9-12 range either.  Winston is a huge wildcard.  Here's hoping.

31 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Short of something unexpected, there's only so far they could possibly crash facing Atlanta and Carolina twice unfortunately . Still with the losses piling up I wouldn't be totally shocked with a pick in the 9-12 range either.  Winston is a huge wildcard.  Here's hoping.

Winston is actually pretty good. Better than Hurts. 

17 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I don't disagree, but he's very volatile.  He had 30 interceptions in 2019. Definition of a high ceiling low floor player. 

13 hours ago, pangbun said:

Ohhhhh. Your either an internet tough guy or I guess a moderator. If you dont know, I post from time to time some memes, or cute girls and to try to work a funny joke in about the eagles. If thats too harsh or your getting all bent out of shape about that. I can actually respect that, and I will go back to just reading the post and keeping up with the birds. It is a privilege to have this site, since the eagles closed theirs down.

Im just an internet tough guy, but I pretty much own this board

21 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If watson is suspended for the year, i actually think baker (from giving him the best opportunity to bounce back) shoukd want to be the browns Qb. The panthers and Seahawks are a downgrade in offensive roster talent. It gives him his best chance to have success and get himself a big contract the following year.

His ego and pride will not allow for it. If he goes to Carolina he has weapons but a bad really bad oline. Likely get beat up and potentially hurt again behind that line. If he goes to seattle he has WR weapons but a poor oline.  the browns have the best oline, have a really good running game and weapons. 

that said Baker will never do it due to his ego and that bridge is burned. I’m guessing he’s still traded at some point. 

There is no future for him with the Browns. His best chance at a big payday is moving to another team this season. I agree that the Browns are a much better offense and could protect him better, but financially it doesn't make any sense for him to stay in Cleveland. Call it ego. I'll call it being smart about his future.

32 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I don't disagree, but he's very volatile.  He had 30 interceptions in 2019. Definition of a high ceiling low floor player. 

Apparently he was playing football with bad eyesight back then. He had lasik in 2020. He was pretty good in NO before his injury. 

14 hours ago, Devaster said:

There is no future for him with the Browns. His best chance at a big payday is moving to another team this season. I agree that the Browns are a much better offense and could protect him better, but financially it doesn't make any sense for him to stay in Cleveland. Call it ego. I'll call it being smart about his future.

The only two teams interested in him were seattle and Carolina. Carolina might have the worst offensive line in the entire league. That’s not hyperbole. That’s a reality as they were awful last year and the year before. I’d argue he is in a significantly tougher position in Carolina in terms of talent and coaching than he is in Cleveland. ( significantly worse HC). And I’d also argue seattle isn’t much better in terms of talent along the offensive line. They are only slightly better. Coming off a major shoulder injury, I’d think having one of the best offensive lines to protect him much more valuable than playing behind arguably the worst and one of the bottom 10 olines in the league.

He got hurt last year behind a good offensive line. You think he’s gonna hold up 17 games behind two significantly worse olines? Sam darnold was bad behind that oline and got injured. Russ for years had gotten beat up behind that oline (give up a ton of sacks). It’s one of the reasons he wanted out 

It makes sense for his future financially to play behind a massively better oline along with their weapons (argue better coach in Cleveland than Carolina).  the only other options are two teams where one has a bad coach and bad oline and the other has a bad oline. stefanski is much more creative and runs a offense that can help Baker more than Pete Carroll. The browns had to limit what they could do last year due to his shoulder injury. The year before they were actually really good averaging 26.3 ppg. Baker’s best year was 2020 with Stefanski. He had 96 QB rating, QBR of 65.5 (highest of career— 10th in the league) and 26 tds and 6 ints. Frankly i think Wilson has saved Pete the last couple years. Cause the oline was consistently bad yet he made it work as he got continuously destroyed. Baker isn’t good enough to do what Russ did for Pete and that offense. It’s a testament to just how good Russ was/is. 

the only thing worse about cleveland as compared to Seattle and Carolina is that they went out,  got a QB ( with massive baggage) they felt was a significant upgrade while he was still on his 5th year option and basically told him they didn’t think he was good enough to get them where they wanted to go. So you can say that bridge is burned from FO and baker. But baker if his ego would allow him too could say I’m going to take this this team, play my ass,  go into free agency next year and make bank when you are stuck with a potential QB who’s still suspended and stick to the browns as he walks away. Cause they aren’t franchising him with watson under that type of contract. If he plays good with cleveland in 2022 then cleveland has to watch him walk for basically a comp pick and stuck with Watson’s contract not knowing what his future holds. 

45 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

56 TD season incoming 

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

I'm thinking if he plays similar to last year for the whole season, they can get to 8-9 wins. He has people to throw to this year 

Winston is a significant upgrade to siemian and Hill who played 10 games last year. the saints last year had one of the worst WRs corps in the league. I’d argue it was in the bottom 3. the saints with Jameis averaged 25.2 ppg. The saints with siemian and hill averaged 18.8ppg. 

i think the saints comes down to if Winston trusts his knee from the get go, if Dennis Allen learned from his previous HC tenure and when Kamara gets suspended. I say when kamara gets suspended because with or without kamara the first 6 games i think it’s very likely they go 3-3. They have at atlanta, vs. Bucs, at Carolina, vs. Minnesota, vs. seattle and vs bengals. They should beat atlanta, Carolina and seattle with or without kamara. I don’t think with kamara they beat the bengals or Bucs (although they do manage to find ways to beat the Bucs in the regular season when they are the underdog). I think Minnesota is a toss up if they have kamara. 

58 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Apparently he was playing football with bad eyesight back then. He had lasik in 2020. He was pretty good in NO before his injury. 

That new eyesight still only allowed him to complete 59% of his passes last season.  His 14 TD/3 INT numbers aren’t sustainable with subpar accuracy.

The only reason people figured Winston was salvageable was because Payton was there. I suspect he’ll revert back to who he was in Tampa — a prolific passer, but a turnover machine.  I don’t see the Saints as a playoff team, even in a division with ATL and CAR

I did not know that!

28 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

That new eyesight still only allowed him to complete 59% of his passes last season.  His 14 TD/3 INT numbers aren’t sustainable with subpar accuracy.

The only reason people figured Winston was salvageable was because Payton was there. I suspect he’ll revert back to who he was in Tampa — a prolific passer, but a turnover machine.  I don’t see the Saints as a playoff team, even in a division with ATL and CAR

He also had no real top end targets. I'm expecting with their draft pick and Landry it will look better

Archived