EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

44 minutes ago, mattwill said:

I apologize for bringing it up again, but when I actually read the New Zealand report I couldn't believe he had actually cited that report.

However, I shouldn't have been surprised, at our community Farmers Market on weekends lately, there has been a group of people who have set up a booth and are handing out literature that argues that The Earth is Flat. 

He searched for a paper to try and prove the opinion he already held, read the headline and just went with it. It's sad but not surprising unfortunately. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mattwill said:

I apologize for bringing it up again, but when I actually read the New Zealand report I couldn't believe he had actually cited that report.

However, I shouldn't have been surprised, at our community Farmers Market on weekends lately, there has been a group of people who have set up a booth and are handing out literature that argues that The Earth is Flat. 

This is one of the three that died.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/new-zealand-links-26-year-old-mans-death-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-2021-12-20/

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

You really need to read a report if you are going to cite it. 

What does that say?  First, it is for two vaccines that iare probably not administered in the United States.  Second, one of the two had "no deaths" at all reported.  Third, in the second paragraph that I bolded, the italicized last sentence provides the bottom-line ... the rate of vaccine deaths is actually LESS than the natural death rate for the patients in question.  Said another way, they had a greater chance of dying by living their lives than by taking the vaccine.

I never, ever said you had a greater chance of dying from the vaccine. I said people have died from the covid vaccine, which is clearly shown in that report. Just admit some people, not many, died from the vaccination. It's OK

2 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I never, ever said you had a greater chance of dying from the vaccine. I said people have died from the covid vaccine, which is clearly shown in that report. Just admit some people, not many, died from the vaccination. It's OK

You know why you're a t wat? I initially raised the point that we should be celebrating the overall success of the vaccines, as a human triumph. All you've done today is poop all over any positivity to prove some stupid point that doesn't even make sense. Just STFU already. 

5 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You know why you're a t wat? I initially raised the point that we should be celebrating the overall success of the vaccines, as a human triumph. All you've done today is poop all over any positivity to prove some stupid point that doesn't even make sense. Just STFU already. 

No, I said to be honest. Which is going to be important in a few months.

Everyone should get vaccinated, but know the risks. It's not hard.

37 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

No, I said to be honest. Which is going to be important in a few months.

Everyone should get vaccinated, but know the risks. It's not hard.

Most people are too stupid to understand the risks, which requires some rudimentary statistics, i.e., probabilities.

The Johnson & Johnson vaccine has an extremely low risk, like most vaccines. We're talking "hit by lightning" level risk.

The Moderna and Pfizer are even safer.

The risk of COVID is a couple of orders of magnitude higher, and that's excluding the risk of long-COVID, which probably reduces life expectancy, but we won't know for a decade (time required for sufficient data to estimate impact on mortality).

Almost every activity has some risk associated with it, just go look at cause of death by accident tables:

2020:  42,114 deaths from accidental falls. 87,404 from poisoning. 40,698 from automobile accidents.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/accidental-injury.htm

So don't walk, drive or ingest anything.

2 hours ago, mattwill said:

Would you PM to me a picture? I will use it in one of my lectures.

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It wasnt a terroist attack. Will you stfu. you have no idea whats your talking. 

Yes, mass shootings happen all the time. No, some mentally ill person shooting white, black, asian and Hispanics in the subway is terrorism. 

Mass shootings, meaning a group of people getting shot happens all the time in NYC

He was charged with committing a terrorist act. 

Also, just a very quick search turns up:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_shootings_in_New_York_City

Looks like 8 "mass shootings" in NYC history...

19 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

It wasnt a terroist attack. Will you stfu. you have no idea whats your talking. 

Yes, mass shootings happen all the time. No, some mentally ill person shooting white, black, asian and Hispanics in the subway is terrorism. 

Mass shootings, meaning a group of people getting shot happens all the time in NYC

This world, especially our country, changes very quickly. 

One thing that hasn’t changed at all though… Steeler fans are still the dumbest people around 

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re so bent you can’t even think or type straight.  You’re teetering, next you’ll report me for responding to you.  

The shooter was charged with committing a terrorist act on a mass transit system.   Says so right here on this link, you dunce   

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_New_York_City_Subway_attack

You were claiming that there have been a lot of football players dying of unknown causes and you were hinting that it was connected to the vaccine.  I asked you to lists all of these players who died young.  You disappeared.   Now you’re saying you didn’t post it.  You get owned so regularly, you’d think you would be used to it by now and have the balls to at least admit what you post. Guess not.  

C'mon now, you know the justice system loves charging criminals with "cool catchphrases!"

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

In 3,2,1….”people just want to argue”…..”I’m blocking you”…..”stop responding to me or I’ll report you”…..  

@downundermike  The more things change….

Far be it to listen or believe what the authorities call it.  Let’s make sure we check in with an Insurance Adjustor Yinzer to get the real story.  

He's an insurance salesman, and depending on your view, basically equal to a used car salesman

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

OJ was charged with murder...Epstein was never found guilty... WGAF what they were charged with. 

It was a lunatic spraying bullets. He shot anyone that was close. 

And for the 15th Fing time, you Fing moron. I told you I put on my tin foil hat, which is code for sarcasm, and I said that the CDC already had to make comments about athletes dropping dead and relating them to Covid Vaccines. 

OJ was charged with murder....because he, y'know, murdered 2 people....

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

No one asked you.  

Don't terrorize me

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Don't terrorize me

You're gonna have to face the Juice soon! 

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Unsure what you dont get. Being charged and found guilty are two different things. 

and for the 16th time, a random, skitzy, lunatic spraying bullets is just that, Not terrorism. 

Give you good example, Timothy McVeigh was never charged with terrorism. 

so i prove you wrong, again, and you just take personal attacks. 

https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/oklahoma-city-bombing

The bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995 was the deadliest act of homegrown terrorism in U.S. history, resulting in the deaths of 168 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American domestic terrorist 

So which is it? If the court doesn't charge you with terrorism, you aren't a terrorist? But if they do charge you, it doesn't mean anything either? 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

COUNT 1: Guilty

Conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction against persons in the United States and against federal property, resulting in death, grievous bodily injury and destruction of the building.

COUNT 2: Guilty

Use of a weapon of mass destruction, resulting in death and personal injury.

COUNT 3: Guilty

Destruction by explosive of a federal building, causing death and injury.

COUNTS 4-11: Guilty

First-degree murder of eight federal law enforcement officers.

nothing about terrorism 

This is what you do when your wrong? just keep running your mouth... zzzzz

There's no such law as domestic terrorism. But the FBI (who you yourself referenced earlier in this discussion) classifies him as a domestic terrorist. So....

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555170250/what-is-and-isnt-considered-domestic-terrorism

The Patriot Act defines domestic terrorism as an attempt to "intimidate or coerce a civilian population; to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping."

The second important point is that there isn't a federal charge of "domestic terrorism." The Patriot Act's definition gives the Justice Department broad authority to investigate an individual or any group a suspect might be affiliated with. But the federal law doesn't come with an actual criminal charge.

To be charged with terrorism, a person has to be suspected of acting on behalf of one of nearly 60 groups that the State Department has declared a foreign terrorist organization. Some are well-known, including the Islamic State and al-Qaida, while others are far more obscure. Most, but not all, are Islamist.

A person who carries out a mass attack and survives can face a range of charges, but unless the person is linked to one of the banned groups, a federal terrorism charge won't be one of them.

Consider the following cases, all of which prompted discussions of domestic terrorism:

-- Suspect James Alex Fields is accused of driving his car into a crowd in Charlottesville, Va., in August, killing a female counterprotester who came out to march against white nationalists. Fields faces state murder charges — but not terrorism.

-- Dylann Roof has been convicted of and sentenced to death for a host of federal and state crimes in the shooting deaths of nine African-Americans at a Charleston, S.C., church in 2015. He said he wanted to start a race war. But terrorism wasn't among the many charges.

-- Timothy McVeigh was widely described as carrying out the worst act of domestic terrorism when he killed 168 people in a 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City. By his own admission, his motive was clearly political — he hated the federal government. Yet he was convicted of and put to death for killing federal officers and variety of other charges — but not for terrorism.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Surprised Vick, Gannon and McNabb don’t have more.   

They all learned to pass instead of running all the time

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Interesting that Hurts has thrown for 300+ yards in 4 of his 19 career starts, and his record in those games is 0-4

The two games referenced of 300 and 60, both in 2020, he was 24/44 (55%) and 21/39 (54%), so neither of those games were much to write home about.

One thing to be optimistic about is the two games of 300+ yards in 2021 Hurts was 25/39 (64%) and 32/48 (67%)

Archived