EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Patriot Act one of the worst things to happen to this country.  Basically legalized spying on all US citizens by the government.  

Also has no place here in the blog 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

We should be telling the truth, and part of that is that some people died from a government mandated vaccine. If we gloss over that fact, than we’re no better than anti-vaxxers. 

can you describe in your own words what shape the earth is?

2 hours ago, justrelax said:

That’s not football; it’s a data dump. The one and only thing I believe I have ever fronted @austinfan on was his habit of data dumps, all of which are more in depth than this. I have disagreed with him many times but he is always civil and never stupid, even when he was apparently stupid. He has reason, whether you or I or anyone agrees with it.

Often I don’t. But…

I apologize to @austinfan for calling him a pillar. I gather from some IMs that there is/are those who find the term absurd. I stand by my comment but request that pillar-related insults be directed at me, where I hide behind an Ignore wall. We go back 20 years or so, he and I and some others, and we built something of value to us. Evidently what we strove for has gotten lost for many, but not for me.

Consider P Diddy, much maligned of late herein. Like him or not, he’s been a major force in Eagles history and analysis. He’s not a hot takes guy, which seems the way to go if you want to be pillar among reporters and foolish fools herein. The difference is that the macho guys like Seth defer to him but the internet tough guys herein degrade him.

I seem to be listing grievances. I apologize. There are some posters so repellant I cannot abide them but I wish to say to the rest of the world that they are ugly, rude, repellant, and not worth our time.

Oh geez… just a matter of time before Farmer Ted shows up and makes this all about him.

ooops… spoke too soon

1 hour ago, Iggles25 said:

My contribution to the conversation...

4d3ab066c776c5b412e2b6a481cc5a2f--football-girls-fine-girls.jpg

Calmed down Daniel Snyder!

20 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

The Sixers will never get a ring with Morey

Should have just kept rolling with Elton Brand or who else did you have in mind?  Morey was a great hire.  Perfect for him to eventually take what Hinkie built the foundation of.  

He's made some mostly solid moves since he's been here.  He's missed on some but overall he has been impressive.  Especially getting Harden for Ben Simmons regardless if Harden looks like he doesn't have much in his legs anymore.  

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Waiting for Harden and not taking some of the earlier deals on the table is what will hurt this team.  He didn’t get Harden for Simmons, he got Harden for Simmons, Curry and Drummond.  When he could have kept Curry and Drummond.  Trading Thybulle who can’t score, Harris and his contract, along with Simmons for two 1st, Hield and Haliburton.   Deeper, cheaper, younger and more athletic.  More sustainable options.   

And then getting PJ Tucker at 30+ mil and the bands all back together. Pathetic.

13 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

You miss the part with 3 deaths and 10 unknowns? I can provide more proof if you like. This is just one: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/complications-johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-caused-oregon-womans-death-rcna18200

Anyone not admitting that people died from the vaccine is no better than an anti-vaxxer and causes hesitancy among people.

100% of people die so just give in now as living obviously results in death.   The vaccines actually did warn of the risks. BTW, you question the CDC.  Not their function. Drug approval is under the FDA. 

5 hours ago, justrelax said:

That’s not football; it’s a data dump. The one and only thing I believe I have ever fronted @austinfan on was his habit of data dumps, all of which are more in depth than this. I have disagreed with him many times but he is always civil and never stupid, even when he was apparently stupid. He has reason, whether you or I or anyone agrees with it.

Often I don’t. But…

I apologize to @austinfan for calling him a pillar. I gather from some IMs that there is/are those who find the term absurd. I stand by my comment but request that pillar-related insults be directed at me, where I hide behind an Ignore wall. We go back 20 years or so, he and I and some others, and we built something of value to us. Evidently what we strove for has gotten lost for many, but not for me.

Consider P Diddy, much maligned of late herein. Like him or not, he’s been a major force in Eagles history and analysis. He’s not a hot takes guy, which seems the way to go if you want to be pillar among reporters and foolish fools herein. The difference is that the macho guys like Seth defer to him but the internet tough guys herein degrade him.

I seem to be listing grievances. I apologize. There are some posters so repellant I cannot abide them but I wish to say to the rest of the world that they are ugly, rude, repellant, and not worth our time.

You remain a pillar of the blog.   The posters you find repellent could tell Cover 2 from Cover 6. They certainly wouldn’t understand the knuckle tell from an interior OL.  

Checks the blog for the first time today 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Checks the blog for the first time today 

spacer.png

I tried yesterday.  But it didn't work.

Although it makes a difference from reading about Hurts I suppose

28 minutes ago, justrelax said:

I believe I will ride off into the sunset. I've enjoyed my time here but the jackals are winning.

There are times I just either don't drop in for a day or two or just go on read only mode.  It certainly helps navigating through some of the repetitiveness - Hurts, Politics etc - when I just avoid it.

1 hour ago, justrelax said:

I believe I will ride off into the sunset. I've enjoyed my time here but the jackals are winning.

Please don’t leave altogether. There’s nothing wrong with giving it a break, but it would be appreciated if you’d make appearances from time to time.

17 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Nah. 9-11 was one of the worst things to happen to this country.  Sorry you’re inconvenienced, but I’d rather be safe.  

I am not sure that it has directly thwarted terrorist attacks anymore than prior laws would have.  It has been scaled back a few times since it passed.   Some of the worst results of 9/11 were self inflicted.  I mean we spent billions of dollars for a fake threat of WMD in Iraq.  It was a waste of lives an money.  It would not have happened without 9/11.  The fact that laws were passed that impact our 4th amendment rights is problematic.  We were willing participants because  of the fear of another attack.  The response was disproportionate to the risk and fear based rather than rational.  

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

Eliot ShorR-TK

The same guy who 5 months ago said the Eagles need to do whatever it takes to get a QB who can pass the ball

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

The same guy who 5 months ago said the Eagles need to do whatever it takes to get a QB who can pass the ball

He's a paid troll. I dont see any scenario where Hurts earns a $40M contract this season. I cant wait for the games to start being played so we can all come back down to earth. 

11 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Eliot ShorR-TK

Can't wait for his hot take on October 1st saying there's no way the Eagles should give Hurts a massive QB contract this offseason. 

Jordan Mailata rated as the Eagle's best player, 6th best Tackle in the NFL and 75th overall player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-nfl-players-of-2022-aaron-donald-new-no-1-as-rams-have-three-of-top-10-aaron-rodgers-no-2/

Sky is the limit for Jordan, he can legitimately be the best OT in the league in short order.

And it's funny to think how many Eagles fans wanted to cut Mailata his rookie year. I say that because everyone who said "let's put him on the practice squad this year (and that was the prevailing sentiment) didn't seem to grasp the idea that you can't just put a player on the practice squad without him clearing waivers first. In other words, they would have to cut him first and hope no one would claim him. Which of course is precisely what would have happened. He'd have been claimed for sure.

I also remember an outcry of sorts after Dillard was drafted the following year. "You see. This PROVES that Mailata sucks! What a waste of a pick. They were STUPID for thinking that was going to work out!"

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Just now, KDUB1510 said:

He's a paid troll. I dont see any scenario where Hurts earns a $40M contract this season. I cant wait for the games to start being played so we can all come back down to earth. 

I think the team would need 3 of the 4 for them to consider a Hurts extension:

1. He makes a significant leap as a passer.  This doesn't just mean a higher completion percentage or more yards.  It means above average accuracy, decision making/processing and production. 

2. The team gets at least to the NFC Championship game.  

3. The team wins the Super Bowl

4. There doesn't look like a better option for  QB in the upcoming draft or trade. 

13 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Jordan Mailata rated as the Eagle's best player, 6th best Tackle in the NFL and 75th overall player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-top-100-nfl-players-of-2022-aaron-donald-new-no-1-as-rams-have-three-of-top-10-aaron-rodgers-no-2/

Sky is the limit for Jordan, he can legitimately be the best OT in the league in short order.

I love Mailata...everyone does, but it's important that his areas of needed improvement not get lost in the hype.  While his highlight reel downfield blocks are awe-inspiring, being a home run hitter isn't priority #1 for a LT.  

He lets speed rushers break through at a higher rate than most quality LTs.  And while he has the athleticism and the ability to fix that, a handful of highlight reel blocks mean less to me than being more consistent in slamming the door shut on his outside shoulder.  The best LT in the league is simply the guy with the lowest pressure % on pass block snaps (obviously allowing for level of competition and QB release time, which can't really be universally controlled and quantified).  That's what this league is all about...and that's where he needs to get better.  He will, but he's not there yet.

Archived