EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

No room for football discussion in here Julian!

I'm changing the Eagles logo to something more generic to match the word mark

How to Draw an Eagle Head - Really Easy Drawing Tutorial

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Alphagrand said:

Interesting that Hurts has thrown for 300+ yards in 4 of his 19 career starts, and his record in those games is 0-4

The two games referenced of 300 and 60, both in 2020, he was 24/44 (55%) and 21/39 (54%), so neither of those games were much to write home about.

One thing to be optimistic about is the two games of 300+ yards in 2021 Hurts was 25/39 (64%) and 32/48 (67%)

Is It Though GIFs | Tenor

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is It Though GIFs | Tenor

It's a sliding scale.  I'd argue more interesting than trying to argue killing 168 people with a bomb doesn't mean you're a terrorist.

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah.  They really need some new young good talent.  It’s a balance of not saying too much but being entertaining and informative.  

As a player, he could read the game well, so unless he has Ronde Barber levels of charmlessness, makes sense to give him a go. If good, he can go to TV

Allen seems a kind of pointless signing right now

Can't blame him for giving athletics one last go though

27 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

It's a sliding scale.  I'd argue more interesting than trying to argue killing 168 people with a bomb doesn't mean you're a terrorist.

Agreed with the second part. For the first, I think it's pretty obvious if you need Hurts to throw 300+ yards you are likely losing the game. 

16 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Allen seems a kind of pointless signing right now

Can't blame him for giving athletics one last go though

Could be cut once Jurgens signs. Seems pretty pointless for sure as he is still focusing on track and TC is less than a month away. 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Combat waivers have been signed.

Bell is going to get trucked. 

I guess we'll find out if Peterson can beat someone older than three?

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Could be cut once Jurgens signs. Seems pretty pointless for sure as he is still focusing on track and TC is less than a month away. 

While he's in shape, its not NFL shape. A good splash for PR but realistically he's a futures contract for next season now.  Agree, an easy cut once Jurgens is signed

7 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Always consider the source.  Edelman was Brady's bum-buddy, and Brady made sure Garoppolo was shipped out because he was a threat.

Not a surprise that Edelman doesn't like Jimmy G.

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Combat waivers have been signed.

Bell is going to get trucked. 

Doesn't Peterson usually like a bigger age gap? 

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/555170250/what-is-and-isnt-considered-domestic-terrorism

The Patriot Act defines domestic terrorism as an attempt to "intimidate or coerce a civilian population; to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping."

The second important point is that there isn't a federal charge of "domestic terrorism." The Patriot Act's definition gives the Justice Department broad authority to investigate an individual or any group a suspect might be affiliated with. But the federal law doesn't come with an actual criminal charge.

To be charged with terrorism, a person has to be suspected of acting on behalf of one of nearly 60 groups that the State Department has declared a foreign terrorist organization. Some are well-known, including the Islamic State and al-Qaida, while others are far more obscure. Most, but not all, are Islamist.

A person who carries out a mass attack and survives can face a range of charges, but unless the person is linked to one of the banned groups, a federal terrorism charge won't be one of them.

Consider the following cases, all of which prompted discussions of domestic terrorism:

-- Suspect James Alex Fields is accused of driving his car into a crowd in Charlottesville, Va., in August, killing a female counterprotester who came out to march against white nationalists. Fields faces state murder charges — but not terrorism.

-- Dylann Roof has been convicted of and sentenced to death for a host of federal and state crimes in the shooting deaths of nine African-Americans at a Charleston, S.C., church in 2015. He said he wanted to start a race war. But terrorism wasn't among the many charges.

-- Timothy McVeigh was widely described as carrying out the worst act of domestic terrorism when he killed 168 people in a 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City. By his own admission, his motive was clearly political — he hated the federal government. Yet he was convicted of and put to death for killing federal officers and variety of other charges — but not for terrorism.

Patriot Act one of the worst things to happen to this country.  Basically legalized spying on all US citizens by the government.  

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

He's an insurance salesman, and depending on your view, basically equal to a used car salesman

I have bought from both and was usually fairly treated. When I felt I was not, I left. They’re not all crooks, particularly the insurance guys.

That said, I highly recommend the movie Used Cars.

36 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Sorry you’re inconvenienced, but I’d rather be safe.  

Wait...why aren't you saying shut up take it to CVON 😂

Guest justrelax
2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

No room for football discussion in here Julian!

That’s not football; it’s a data dump. The one and only thing I believe I have ever fronted @austinfan on was his habit of data dumps, all of which are more in depth than this. I have disagreed with him many times but he is always civil and never stupid, even when he was apparently stupid. He has reason, whether you or I or anyone agrees with it.

Often I don’t. But…

I apologize to @austinfan for calling him a pillar. I gather from some IMs that there is/are those who find the term absurd. I stand by my comment but request that pillar-related insults be directed at me, where I hide behind an Ignore wall. We go back 20 years or so, he and I and some others, and we built something of value to us. Evidently what we strove for has gotten lost for many, but not for me.

Consider P Diddy, much maligned of late herein. Like him or not, he’s been a major force in Eagles history and analysis. He’s not a hot takes guy, which seems the way to go if you want to be pillar among reporters and foolish fools herein. The difference is that the macho guys like Seth defer to him but the internet tough guys herein degrade him.

I seem to be listing grievances. I apologize. There are some posters so repellant I cannot abide them but I wish to say to the rest of the world that they are ugly, rude, repellant, and not worth our time.

3 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

My contribution to the conversation...

4d3ab066c776c5b412e2b6a481cc5a2f--football-girls-fine-girls.jpg

That thong is committing domestic terrorism 

Not guilty does not mean innocent in American law.

Not guilty means a jury of your peers (or a judge), after vetting by lawyers, couldn't agree that you were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Which is why so often the perp is then sued in civil court after being found not guilty, where you need only a preponderance of the evidence to win (more likely than not).

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That thong is committing domestic terrorism 

Talk about a shooting spree...

Guest justrelax
9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Not guilty does not mean innocent in American law.

Not guilty means a jury of your peers (or a judge), after vetting by lawyers, couldn't agree that you were guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Which is why so often the perp is then sued in civil court after being found not guilty, where you need only a preponderance of the evidence to win (more likely than not).

Like O J.

Archived