EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Even if that were true - I'm doubtful the vaccine was the sole cause of any deaths - Let's say a "safe" vaccine by your definition takes 5+ years to develop and TEST TEST TEST. How many people would have died in that 5+ years that didn't die because of the vaccine?

I've been working in the hospital for over a year and had a nurse break down over people not taking the vaccine because of not only losing people, but the amount of extra weight that was put upon their shoulders due to it. She even said that people tell her she knew what signed up for, but nobody signs up for a pandemic, they just survive it.  I have seen a lot of sad situations due to someone's stubbornness 😕

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Even if that were true - I'm doubtful the vaccine was the sole cause of any deaths - Let's say a "safe" vaccine by your definition takes 5+ years to develop and TEST TEST TEST. How many people would have died in that 5+ years that didn't die because of the vaccine?

I already provided the facts that it was the cause of death for some people. Oddly, New Zealand was open about it and reported on it: https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/COVID-19/safety-report-43.asp#death  The CDC, on the other hand, has not.

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

Interesting article, with two charts I hadn't seen:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/6/27/23182118/non-superstars-who-could-shape-2022-nfl-season

I'll paste the relevant section:

Jalen Hurts, QB Eagles

There isn’t a tougher QB evaluation in the NFL right now. Hurts in 2021 was a decent starter whose athleticism allowed him to overcome obvious limitations in the drop-back passing game. But that version of Hurts was also far better than the one we saw during his rookie season in 2020, and leagues better than his final college season, before which he wasn’t even seen as a legitimate pro prospect. The question, though, is when will his development level off?

I consider myself a Hurts centrist. While there are red flags all over his film—he left a lot of big plays on the field last season due to poor field vision and spotty accuracy—there is plenty to like, as well. Even in his ugly playoff debut in Tampa, Hurts made some difficult throws to help keep the game competitive.

Hurts was given some pre-snap responsibility last season, which suggests he’s picking up Nick Sirianni’s offense just fine, but the Eagles did simplify their play-calling in order to make his life easier after the snap. They ran a lot of RPO and option run concepts on early downs—anything to stay out of obvious passing situations that allowed the defense to throw complex looks at the young quarterback. And it mostly worked: Philadelphia quietly ended the season ranked 11th in offensive DVOA, just one spot behind the high-powered Bills.

But if the Eagles are going to contend in 2022—and they certainly have the talent across the roster—then Hurts will have to play better when opponents knock him off schedule. Just attacking the middle of the field more often might be enough to elevate this offense a tier or two.

And in DeVonta Smith, A.J. Brown, and Dallas Goedert, the Eagles have the pass catchers to dominate that area of the field. They just need their quarterback to fill in some of the gaps in his game.

PHI_routes.jpg

When exactly was that game competitive? The coin toss?

11 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I already provided the facts that it was the cause of death for some people. Oddly, New Zealand was open about it and reported on it: https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/COVID-19/safety-report-43.asp#death  The CDC, on the other hand, has not.

Why don't you actually read what you post?

Up to and including 30 April 2022, a total of 160 deaths were reported to CARM after the administration of the Comirnaty vaccine. Following medical assessments by CARM and Medsafe it has been determined that:

• 99 of these deaths are unlikely related to the COVID-19 vaccine
  • 48 deaths could not be assessed due to insufficient information
  • 10 cases are still under investigation.
  • 3 deaths were likely due to vaccine induced myocarditis (awaiting Coroner’s determination)

3 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

I read the first portion of the New Zealand report.

• 3 deaths were likely due to vaccine induced myocarditis (awaiting Coroner’s determination)
  • There have been no deaths reported for the Vaxzevria vaccine.

This is out of 62372 doses administered. Given the mortality rate of Covid19, I would certainly risk .0048% chance of dying (3 likely deaths in 62372 doses) due to the vaccine. I hope I did the math right, not my strong suit.

23 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Why don't you actually read what you post?

Up to and including 30 April 2022, a total of 160 deaths were reported to CARM after the administration of the Comirnaty vaccine. Following medical assessments by CARM and Medsafe it has been determined that:

• 3 deaths were likely due to vaccine induced myocarditis (awaiting Coroner’s determination)

You miss the part with 3 deaths and 10 unknowns? I can provide more proof if you like. This is just one: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/complications-johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-caused-oregon-womans-death-rcna18200

Anyone not admitting that people died from the vaccine is no better than an anti-vaxxer and causes hesitancy among people.

24 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I read the first portion of the New Zealand report.

• 3 deaths were likely due to vaccine induced myocarditis (awaiting Coroner’s determination)
  • There have been no deaths reported for the Vaxzevria vaccine.

This is out of 62372 doses administered. Given the mortality rate of Covid19, I would certainly risk .0048% chance of dying (3 likely deaths in 62372 doses) due to the vaccine. I hope I did the math right, not my strong suit.

Right, but it's OK to say some people died from the vaccines. When we tell the truth, then people will believe us when we say to get the vaccine. If we pretend there are no serious side effects ever, it only takes one story for people to start questioning authority. (and it happened already). Kind of like when they were spewing "you won't get sick". They knew it was a lie from the beginning. 

10 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

You miss the part with 3 deaths and 10 unknowns? I can provide more proof if you like. This is just one: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/complications-johnson-johnson-covid-vaccine-caused-oregon-womans-death-rcna18200

Anyone not admitting that people died from the vaccine is no better than an anti-vaxxer and causes hesitancy among people.

Keep pumping out that straw man. Who has said anything of the sort? 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

He doesnt have the height to get a ball over the O-line and still in to the WR's gut on a slant. 

He also doesnt have the arm talent to throw it into a tight window.

Side note, he doesnt look too good at pre snap reads to realize that he needs to throw a slant. 

The height thing is bogus. I don't seem to recall Brees struggling to throw to middle of the field and he's an inch shorter than Hurts. The second two points you raise are much more legit

20 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Of course. Can you admit you're a t wat?

For telling the truth? I still think people should get vaccinated, but governments should be honest. When they lie, and they did, it causes mistrust. 

39 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Right, but it's OK to say some people died from the vaccines. When we tell the truth, then people will believe us when we say to get the vaccine. If we pretend there are no serious side effects ever, it only takes one story for people to start questioning authority. (and it happened already). Kind of like when they were spewing "you won't get sick". They knew it was a lie from the beginning. 

When those on either side of 'the aisle' start talking in absolutes, I know to apply a 'B.S. filter' and do. That doesn't mean that either side is full of B.S. to their eyeballs or that either side is trustworthy beyond reproach.

15 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

That is not accurate. Some people died and it’s documented. 
NZ https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/COVID-19/safety-report-43.asp

just one we know of the US https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/health/washington-blood-clot-vaccine-death/index.html

So it’s not accurate to say the CDC said there were 0. 

You really need to read a report if you are going to cite it. 

Summary of reported deaths

By chance, some people will experience new illnesses or die from a pre-existing condition shortly after vaccination, especially if they are elderly. Therefore, part of our review process includes comparing natural death rates to observed death rates following vaccination, to determine if there are any specific trends or patterns that might indicate a vaccine safety concern. See below for more information about these observed-versus-expected analyses.

To date, the observed number of deaths reported after vaccination is actually less than the expected number of natural deaths.

There have been no deaths reported for the Vaxzevria vaccine. 

What does that say?  First, it is for two vaccines that iare probably not administered in the United States.  Second, one of the two had "no deaths" at all reported.  Third, in the second paragraph that I bolded, the italicized last sentence provides the bottom-line ... the rate of vaccine deaths is actually LESS than the natural death rate for the patients in question.  Said another way, they had a greater chance of dying by living their lives than by taking the vaccine.

15 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I'm not annoyed at your response.  If you've got the energy to argue with idiots I won't give you a hard time.  I've sure as hell done it plenty. I'm just depressed this is a conversation we're still having. 

I apologize for bringing it up again, but when I actually read the New Zealand report I couldn't believe he had actually cited that report.

However, I shouldn't have been surprised, at our community Farmers Market on weekends lately, there has been a group of people who have set up a booth and are handing out literature that argues that The Earth is Flat. 

Reading through NFL.com and Bucky Brooks has a list of the 5 scariest QBs heading into the 2022 season:

1.  Mahomes

2.  Allen

3.  Rodgers

4.  Lamar Jackson

5.  Justin Herbert

Jackson at #4, wow.  I don't think I'd have him in the top 10, tbh.  I'd have Burrow, Brady, Wilson, Stafford ahead of him for sure.  I'd put Carr above him as well.  Maybe a case can be made he's #10?

2 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

I agree with you. The media loves to hype him up. Those two charts really lay it bare though...how the hell can the middle of the field be so blue? One of my biggest problems last year was a lack of slant routes, and it's clearly because Hurts has no ability to throw it. 

I don't know that Hurts doesn't have the ability to throw the slant routes.  I'm more inclined to believe he doesn't have the confidence to throw those routes.  He has not yet learned how to "throw a receiver open."  He has to wait for the receiver to actually be open before he throws, and by the time the ball gets to the receiver the window of openness has closed.

2 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Read the New Zealand report again.  It does not say what you think it says.

1 minute ago, mattwill said:

I don't know that Hurts doesn't have the ability to throw the slant routes.  I'm more inclined to believe he doesn't have the confidence to throw those routes.  He has not yet learned how to "throw a receiver open."  He has to wait for the receiver to actually be open before he throws, and by the time the ball gets to the receiver the window of openness has closed.

It's now his 3rd year of pro ball, combined with all his years in amateur ball. Throwing a slant route is something any QB at any level should have the confidence to do. In fact, I'd argue it's a route that should be used as a foundation for confidence building and learning how to throw a WR open. How long do we need to wait? 

18 minutes ago, mattwill said:

You really need to read a report if you are going to cite it. 

What does that say?  First, it is for two vaccines that iare probably not administered in the United States.  Second, one of the two had "no deaths" at all reported.  Third, in the second paragraph that I bolded, the italicized last sentence provides the bottom-line ... the rate of vaccine deaths is actually LESS than the natural death rate for the patients in question.  Said another way, they had a greater chance of dying by living their lives than by taking the vaccine.

I had to look up both vaccines. Vaxzevria appears to be the Astra Zeneca vax, while Comirnaty is the Pfizer vax. 

23 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Reading through NFL.com and Bucky Brooks has a list of the 5 scariest QBs heading into the 2022 season:

1.  Mahomes

2.  Allen

3.  Rodgers

4.  Lamar Jackson

5.  Justin Herbert

Jackson at #4, wow.  I don't think I'd have him in the top 10, tbh.  I'd have Burrow, Brady, Wilson, Stafford ahead of him for sure.  I'd put Carr above him as well.  Maybe a case can be made he's #10?

Scariest doesn't necessarily equate to best. I think Jackson has been overrated throughout his career, but he's definitely scary.

1 hour ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

For telling the truth? I still think people should get vaccinated, but governments should be honest. When they lie, and they did, it causes mistrust. 

😄😄 Good luck with that.

43 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

1.  Mahomes

2.  Allen

3.  Rodgers

4.  Lamar Jackson

5.  Justin Herbert

Burrow should be 2nd, but definitely Brady, Wilson, and Stafford ahead of Jackson. 

Archived