EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I did not know that!

He also had no real top end targets. I'm expecting with their draft pick and Landry it will look better

And getting Michael Thomas back as well. 

I actually think their defense could be better this year than last year. Marcus Williams was really good at safety but Malcolm Jenkins was not good. If Marcus maye can get back to where he was in 2020 from the injury along with mathieu their safety position might be better as a unit. I thought maye was a good under the radar signing and a good gamble. Plus Allen is still there and he was great with that defense  

their offense is where the concern is. The issues come down to how Winston responds from the knee injury, kamara’s pending suspension, what Allen does in his second stint as HC and if penning can be solid at LT as a rookie. Tbh if i were the saints I’d sign Duane Brown who’s a FA. He was actually the one decent olineman for seattle last year even at 35. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

wasnt my claim, and yes mass shootings happen all the time in NY. 

I don’t know about nfl players, but people definitely died from the vaccines. 

21 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

????? 92,000,000 doses, 1637 deaths reported after vaccination, 0 evidence linking those deaths to the vaccination per CDC.  I'm not saying there may be a couple that had an allergic reaction to it.... But those numbers are heavy heavy in favor of the vaccine being completely safe

3 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Oh FFS not this crap again...

I'll leave it alone. Was just shocked to see it 

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

????? 92,000,000 doses, 1637 deaths reported after vaccination, 0 evidence linking those deaths to the vaccination per CDC.  I'm not saying there may be a couple that had an allergic reaction to it.... But those numbers are heavy heavy in favor of the vaccine being completely safe

That is not accurate. Some people died and it’s documented. 
NZ https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/COVID-19/safety-report-43.asp

just one we know of the US https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/health/washington-blood-clot-vaccine-death/index.html

So it’s not accurate to say the CDC said there were 0. 

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I'll leave it alone. Was just shocked to see it 

I'm not annoyed at your response.  If you've got the energy to argue with idiots I won't give you a hard time.  I've sure as hell done it plenty. I'm just depressed this is a conversation we're still having. 

30 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

image.thumb.jpeg.37ed73cab75c9dacecfeaa3c1b0642fc.jpeg

OCNJ.

I've never been lucky enough to run on to any athletes there. 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Winston is a significant upgrade to siemian and Hill who played 10 games last year. the saints last year had one of the worst WRs corps in the league. I’d argue it was in the bottom 3. the saints with Jameis averaged 25.2 ppg. The saints with siemian and hill averaged 18.8ppg. 

i think the saints comes down to if Winston trusts his knee from the get go, if Dennis Allen learned from his previous HC tenure and when Kamara gets suspended. I say when kamara gets suspended because with or without kamara the first 6 games i think it’s very likely they go 3-3. They have at atlanta, vs. Bucs, at Carolina, vs. Minnesota, vs. seattle and vs bengals. They should beat atlanta, Carolina and seattle with or without kamara. I don’t think with kamara they beat the bengals or Bucs (although they do manage to find ways to beat the Bucs in the regular season when they are the underdog). I think Minnesota is a toss up if they have kamara. 

I think Atlanta beats the Saints.  I think Mariota is going to come out of the gate looking pretty good before cooling down as the season goes on.  But I think he's going to surprise people in Atlanta.  

5 most valuable players that would serve the Eagles best to be available for all their games:

Kelce

Slay

Goedert

Lane

Reddick

52 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

5 most valuable players that would serve the Eagles best to be available for all their games:

Kelce

Slay

Goedert

Lane

Reddick

If that list does not have the QB, you have a QB problem

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If that list does not have the QB, you have a QB problem

Didn’t even have WR1 or WR2 on the list. Must have a high degree of confidence in Reagor to hold down the fort

the Athletic look at the 2020 draft. (IMO way too soft here)

Whiffs

Jalen Reagor, WR, Philadelphia Eagles (No. 21)

The Eagles took Reagor one spot before the Vikings took Justin Jefferson. That’s not Reagor’s fault, but for the Eagles, this one might always be impossible to defend. Reagor has the tools to be an impactful slot receiver, but No. 21 felt a bit high for him in 2020 and it still does today. Reagor’s eye discipline and overall issue with drops were real problems in college, and while both have improved in the NFL, he’s still had situational issues in the NFL.

Reagor’s size (5-10, 206) limits his route tree, and his vertical impact in the pass game almost has to be via a complete downfield win, as he’s not going to beat many defenders in the air with consistency. He can be a good player in Philly. Maybe he climbs out of this category soon. But with 62 catches for 676 yards and three touchdowns to his name, this feels like a reach pick.

Interesting article, with two charts I hadn't seen:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/6/27/23182118/non-superstars-who-could-shape-2022-nfl-season

I'll paste the relevant section:

Jalen Hurts, QB Eagles

There isn’t a tougher QB evaluation in the NFL right now. Hurts in 2021 was a decent starter whose athleticism allowed him to overcome obvious limitations in the drop-back passing game. But that version of Hurts was also far better than the one we saw during his rookie season in 2020, and leagues better than his final college season, before which he wasn’t even seen as a legitimate pro prospect. The question, though, is when will his development level off?

I consider myself a Hurts centrist. While there are red flags all over his film—he left a lot of big plays on the field last season due to poor field vision and spotty accuracy—there is plenty to like, as well. Even in his ugly playoff debut in Tampa, Hurts made some difficult throws to help keep the game competitive.

Hurts was given some pre-snap responsibility last season, which suggests he’s picking up Nick Sirianni’s offense just fine, but the Eagles did simplify their play-calling in order to make his life easier after the snap. They ran a lot of RPO and option run concepts on early downs—anything to stay out of obvious passing situations that allowed the defense to throw complex looks at the young quarterback. And it mostly worked: Philadelphia quietly ended the season ranked 11th in offensive DVOA, just one spot behind the high-powered Bills.

But if the Eagles are going to contend in 2022—and they certainly have the talent across the roster—then Hurts will have to play better when opponents knock him off schedule. Just attacking the middle of the field more often might be enough to elevate this offense a tier or two.

And in DeVonta Smith, A.J. Brown, and Dallas Goedert, the Eagles have the pass catchers to dominate that area of the field. They just need their quarterback to fill in some of the gaps in his game.

PHI_routes.jpg

Guest justrelax
13 hours ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

But many MANY more died from Polio, Influenza, Anthrax, Tetanus, Measles, TB, Smallpox, and Covid, etc.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:24 PM, Bacarty2 said:

Puts tin Foil Hat on and checks to see which Covid shot he had

13 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

No, it wasnt my claim. if you go back and read the posts I actually mention how the CDC  and other government departments committed on it. I know you think I have pull, but I dont have enough pull to make a claim and have the CDC answer me. 

Next, it wasnt a terrorist attack. it was a lunatic with a gun. and yes, mass shootings happen all the time in NYC. 

A bball star was shot and killed along with  9 others being hit just last week. 

There was one about 2 weeks ago where the shooter hit 5 targets and then fled on a mountain bike lol. 

Now if you want to move goal posts and argue how much "all the time is" with me, but I think 2-3 times a month during the summer and once a month in the winter is all the time. 

I guess You could probably argue how many shot makes a "mass shooting"  is....

Uhhh....

22 minutes ago, justrelax said:

But many MANY more died from Polio, Influenza, Anthrax, Tetanus, Measles, TB, Smallpox, and Covid, etc.

It's sad to me that this vaccine has been the subject of so much nonsense. When we should be celebrating how amazing humans can be when we come together to focus on creating a solution to a problem. The speed and scale of this vaccine that was produced, with how safe it's been, is really quite remarkable. Billions of shots in arms, and a miniscule amount of side effects, it's awesome. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

It's sad to me that this vaccine has been the subject of so much nonsense. When we should be celebrating how amazing humans can be when we come together to focus on creating a solution to a problem. The speed and scale of this vaccine that was produced, with how safe it's been, is really quite remarkable. Billions of shots in arms, and a miniscule amount of side effects, it's awesome. 

We should be telling the truth, and part of that is that some people died from a government mandated vaccine. If we gloss over that fact, than we’re no better than anti-vaxxers. 

8 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

We should be telling the truth, and part of that is that some people died from a government mandated vaccine. If we gloss over that fact, than we’re no better than anti-vaxxers. 

Yes, we know you don't understand how science works. Thanks for coming out. 

40 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

But that version of Hurts was also far better than the one we saw during his rookie season in 2020, and leagues better than his final college season, before which he wasn’t even seen as a legitimate pro prospect

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this part.  We simply saw an elongated version of what 2020 showed us.  Can win with his legs but not enough with his arm.

41 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Even in his ugly playoff debut in Tampa, Hurts made some difficult throws to help keep the game competitive.

Competitive??  Are the throws really that difficult when you’re behind 31-0 and the other team is already prepping for the divisional round?  How many is ‘some’?  Hurts was 12-for-12 on throws behind the LOS, and a putrid 11-for-31 on throws past the LOS 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I would wholeheartedly disagree with this part.  We simply saw an elongated version of what 2020 showed us.  Can win with his legs but not enough with his arm.

Competitive??  Are the throws really that difficult when you’re behind 31-0 and the other team is already prepping for the divisional round?  How many is ‘some’?  Hurts was 12-for-12 on throws behind the LOS, and a putrid 11-for-31 on throws past the LOS 

I agree with you. The media loves to hype him up. Those two charts really lay it bare though...how the hell can the middle of the field be so blue? One of my biggest problems last year was a lack of slant routes, and it's clearly because Hurts has no ability to throw it. 

17 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

9 total deaths from a rare blood clot from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine from women 30-49. There were 18 million jj shots given, 60 cases of TTS with 9 leading to death. That's 1 out of every 2 million and it all falls under one group. There easily could be something specific that that certain group had in common. Some have brought up birth control, but I don't believe there is any concrete evidence of that.  So I was originally wrong when I said zero deaths, but considering EVERYTHING else, I would consider it a success. 

24 minutes ago, dawkdaballhawk said:

Even if that were true - I'm doubtful the vaccine was the sole cause of any deaths - Let's say a "safe" vaccine by your definition takes 5+ years to develop and TEST TEST TEST (to the satisfaction of the personal injury lawyers). How many people would have died in that 5+ years that didn't die because of the vaccine?

12 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I agree with you. The media loves to hype him up. Those two charts really lay it bare though...how the hell can the middle of the field be so blue? One of my biggest problems last year was a lack of slant routes, and it's clearly because Hurts has no ability to throw it. 

Simple. Be 6"1 but crouch until your 5"10 for some reason and roll left or right and not have the vision or the arm strength to go back to the middle. 

Archived