Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

On 6/21/2022 at 3:44 PM, D-Shiznit said:

I expect Hurts to have a very good season, but it won’t be enough.

The Eagles want a high end passer, Hurts doesn’t have the requisite talent to become that.

Look at this stunad, thinks he knows stuff…🤪

• Haha 3

Like Hurts as a runner; lukewarm on him as a passer but the coaching staff has done a nice job figuring out which throws Hurts likes and is good at.  And AJ is helping him a lot.  Just takes the ball from the DB.  Goedert also helps because he is a big target.  So good job so far Hurts.  Big games coming up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Miami said:

Like Hurts as a runner; lukewarm on him as a passer but the coaching staff has done a nice job figuring out which throws Hurts likes and is good at.  And AJ is helping him a lot.  Just takes the ball from the DB.  Goedert also helps because he is a big target.  So good job so far Hurts.  Big games coming up.

How can you be lukewarm on him as a passer? He's massively improved that side of his game. His accuracy has jumped, he's smart with the ball and doesn't throw too many risky passes. And he throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL. He's a very good passer and combined with his running ability and that he's able to read defenses well he's a top 5 QB in the NFL. And this year he's been easily top 3 and may be the best overall. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Look at this stunad, thinks he knows stuff…🤪

I don't think it was unreasonable to have doubts or be skeptical that he'd be able to develop into a top 5 QB as he has.  The only posts that I found mildly annoying were those claiming there was no way he would be able to become even a decent QB.  Anything is possible.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't think it was unreasonable to have doubts or be skeptical that he'd be able to develop into a top 5 QB as he has.  The only posts that I found mildly annoying were those claiming there was no way he would be able to become even a decent QB.  Anything is possible.  

Exactly! Doubting the guy is one thing, but dealing in the absolutes is another. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Exactly! Doubting the guy is one thing, but dealing in the absolutes is another. 

It's head scratching for sure.  You'd think all fans would love to see a QB develop into a top player at his position - it's what all franchises search for and find it most difficult to achieve.  Almost seems like some would rather seem him fail rather than admit they were wrong.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It's head scratching for sure.  You'd think all fans would love to see a QB develop into a top player at his position - it's what all franchises search for and find it most difficult to achieve.  Almost seems like some would rather seem him fail rather than admit they were wrong.  

Of course it’s not a coincidence that many of Jalen’s biggest detractors around here have been super Wentz supporters who attacked anyone who even slightly criticized anything about him. Hurts never had a shot in their minds, because they were still so hung up on the other guy. They were wrong about both players. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

It's interesting to see how people voted ... as well as to see who voted 23 hours ago before the poll was closed.:whistle:

6DF72499-230E-48C4-BE5A-729BAA78AA0C.thumb.jpeg.a61b8a45fac220094dbe72ecb7c7875d.jpeg

Is it though? If you notice I never said I was right, about Jalen. I was right about JJAW unlike some people though. :roll:

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

6DF72499-230E-48C4-BE5A-729BAA78AA0C.thumb.jpeg.a61b8a45fac220094dbe72ecb7c7875d.jpeg

Is it though? If you notice I never said I was right, about Jalen. I was right about JJAW unlike some people though. :roll:

I never made any claims about JJAW either. I just gave him more time to prove or disprove the bust label. I didn't quit on him after 2 seasons like some did here with Hurts. 

So when you think about it, the people that didn't want to give Hurts a 3rd season weren't a whole lot different than you when it came to JJAW. They didn't like what they saw from his first two seasons and were convinced their opinion was right and went "all in" with their arguments about the player heading into his 3rd year. JJAW ultimately failed (here) which did validate your predictions. Hurts has done the opposite. Ultimately, their outcomes are on the "player" not the "fan." 

... You were saying?

• Haha 2

I don't think I was around yet for this poll but I covered most of this in preseason.  I was hoping for/expecting at least growth like Kyler Murray year to year. (95ish rating, maybe) I did mention Tom House as a good move. I did say the team was better and the schedule was weak and both will help. I guess that put me in the largest group as expecting him to be good and open to him being the future.

The strange thing is the people who are still in the bottom 5 answers now while he is having an MVP level season on a 10-1 team.

13 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I never made any claims about JJAW either. I just gave him more time to prove or disprove the bust label. I didn't quit on him after 2 seasons like some did here with Hurts. 

So when you think about it, the people that didn't want to give Hurts a 3rd season weren't a whole lot different than you when it came to JJAW. They didn't like what they saw from his first two seasons and were convinced their opinion was right and went "all in" with their arguments about the player heading into his 3rd year. JJAW ultimately failed (here) which did validate your predictions. Hurts has done the opposite. Ultimately, their outcomes are on the "player" not the "fan." 

... You were saying?

Simply put JJAW couldn’t beat out practice squad players and you were gushing over the guy. I doubt even Jalen’s biggest haters would consider those two in the same league as one another. 😂🤣😂

On 12/9/2022 at 7:14 PM, time2rock said:

Some of the responses earlier in this thread are pure gold.  But TBH, I don't think anyone would have predicted Hurts to take this massive a leap forward in year 2 (2nd full year as a starter, that is).  I don't blame anyone for having doubts.  The only responses that seem kinda ignorant are those stating he had no chance at becoming a decent QB.  It was clear he had the work ethic.  

After the Bucs playoff game it was painful to be on this board. By the time I made this poll, people had calmed down a little.

I was one of Hurts’s biggest supporters in the off-season but I can’t say I saw this coming.

I fully expected Hurts to improve with his work rate, finally another year in the same system and with adding AJ Brown.

If anything my concern was that Hurts would improve into a borderline top 10 QB and the Eagles would be left with a difficult decision about his contract.

Delighted he has come on to be an MVP candidate and elite QB.

On 12/10/2022 at 4:05 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

he throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL. 

I think the sample size is lacking to come to this conclusion, moreover, I've seen too many underthrown deep balls with the few he's attempted.

6 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think the sample size is lacking to come to this conclusion, moreover, I've seen too many underthrown deep balls with the few he's attempted.

Hurts has the 4th most 20+ yard completions in the NFL, 3rd most 30+ yard completions, and 5th most 40+ yard completions.

Sample size is not lacking.

• Like 2

Huh, that's weird.

So back in June I said that Hurts was average and would get better on a loaded team, but not be enough. This was before a single snap in the season.

I could've sworn that people around here insisted that I thought he was garbage, hated him and actively rooted for him to fail. Hmm.

Now it's true I didn't see him ever playing at this level, but how many truthfully did?

2 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Some of those underthrown ones I think were deliberate though. 

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Huh, that's weird.

So back in June I said that Hurts was average and would get better on a loaded team, but not be enough. This was before a single snap in the season.

I could've sworn that people around here insisted that I thought he was garbage, hated him and actively rooted for him to fail. Hmm.

Now it's true I didn't see him ever playing at this level, but how many truthfully did?

If anyone - his biggest fans included - claims they saw him developing into a top 5 (top 3?) QB prior to the season they'd be lying.  Right now every fan should just be happy that he has.  And more importantly, should hope he continues to develop and play at a high level (and not fall off a cliff like Wentz did).  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Simply put JJAW couldn’t beat out practice squad players and you were gushing over the guy. I doubt even Jalen’s biggest haters would consider those two in the same league as one another. 😂🤣😂

Please quote one of my posts that verify the "gushing." I already know you won't because there aren't any. What praise did I ever give him? I simply didn't jump aboard the hate wagon. As I stated, you probably shouldn't be calling out any of the fans that were doubting Hurts after 2 seasons. It's irrelevant that the two examples had different 3rd season trajectories. It's easy to  go "all in" with a negative prediction when a player, especially a 2nd rd pick, hasn't lived up to the bar in two seasons. You did it with JJAW just like others did with Hurts. 

It still cracks me up how "not hating a player" = "gushing." :roll:

4 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Hurts has the 4th most 20+ yard completions in the NFL, 3rd most 30+ yard completions, and 5th most 40+ yard completions.

Sample size is not lacking.

A pass that's caught 5 yards beyond the LOS pass that goes for 20, 30 or 40 yards is considered a 20, 30, or 40 yard completion.

Point being, a pass traveling 5 yards is not what I'd call a deep ball.

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

A pass that's caught 5 yards beyond the LOS pass that goes for 20, 30 or 40 yards is considered a 20, 30, or 40 yard completion.

Point being, a pass traveling 5 yards is not what I'd call a deep ball.

Hurts is ahead of Mahomes and Burrow in average distance traveled per pass. Whatever gripes you have for that against him also applies to them.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Hurts is ahead of Mahomes and Burrow in average distance traveled per pass. Whatever gripes you have for that against him also applies to them.

First of all, I don't have any gripes what-so-ever, secondly, averages are greatly influenced by sample size, that was the point I was making in the first place, so go find someone else to debate with.

20 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

First of all, I don't have any gripes what-so-ever, secondly, averages are greatly influenced by sample size, that was the point I was making in the first place, so go find someone else to debate with.

no

46 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Put another way: I don't like looking foolish, which is easy to do, and happens all too often, so please quit picking on me.

• Haha 3