Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

42 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The ball wasn't "out of his hands." You just didn't like the offense he ran. It kept our suspect defense off the field more. It wasn't only because of Hurts, it was because the whole thing was best for the whole team. 

I'm doing my best not to just laugh at you and dismiss your existence...but now I'm wondering if you watched any games last year because if you look at his attempts from beginning to end, they obviously took the ball out of his hands. They didn't want him throwing the ball aka they didn't trust him to throw the ball. It wasn't about liking or disliking his game...that's what happened. I do agree it was best for the team to take the ball out of his hands! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can look yourself. This is a list from most attempts to last. Look at the weeks and attempts and tell me they didn't take his arm out of the gameplan

Screenshot_20220706-085445.png

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - if I remember rightly you would have taken Strong in the first or second right?

Yep but please go on and pretend that im the the only person who felt that way. There were much more respected football minds than you or I who said he was a late 1st-early 2nd rd prospect. 

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Do you want to give me one example of an UDFA QB who had any kind of success in his rookie year?

There's a first for everything. Strong is not your typical UDFA QB. He's more gifted than Hurts in every facet of throwing the football. You will see that very soon.

5 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Yep but please go on and pretend that im the the only person who felt that way. There were much more respected football minds than you or I who said he was a late 1st-early 2nd rd prospect. 

There's a first for everything. Strong is not your typical UDFA QB. He's more gifted than Hurts in every facet of throwing the football. You will see that very soon.

Guys have done it. Warner, Romo they both played well their first year after being undrafted. Jake delhomme. They may have played else where but for a bit but it wasn't the NFL 

51 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Guys have done it. Warner, Romo they both played well their first year after being undrafted. Jake delhomme. They may have played else where but for a bit but it wasn't the NFL 

I know but they dont meet his "first year" criteria. He can pretend Strong isnt a threat but the truth is he's exactly the style of QB Sirianni & Steichen are used to. They coached Rivers & Luck most of their careers. Rivers was a stone cold statue and while Luck had decent mobility, he did the majority of his damage from the pocket, unlike Hurts. I still believe that Strong going undrafted had less to do with his knee and more to do with the fact the he was never that mobile to begin with. You cant convince me Brock Purdy, Skylar Thompson & Chris Oladokun are better players than Strong, even on one leg. The league has a hard on for mobile QB's right now and If you look at the 9 QB's drafted, all of them have solid mobility. Strong was the only one who didnt. They dont call it a copycat league for nothing.

20220706_090901.jpg

12 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I never said you were the only one. And I expected him to go in rounds 2 and 3 where I wanted no part of him. I would have had no issue with the Eagles taking him in round 4 onwards. As it is, there are clearly major issues with Strong's game or health (probably both), or someone would have drafted him. 

I would love Strong to be good, especially if Hurts doesn't work out, but I think the realistic upside is strong backup for next year and beyond.

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

No they haven't. Not in the NFL. Romo went undrafted in 2003. Didn't get a start until 2006. Delhomme and Warner both played in NFL Europe and it was years before they made it as starting QBs.

9 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I never said you were the only one.

You didnt have to. I was making a bold prediction/hot take and you started your post with a snarky comment about me wanting to draft Strong within the first two days as if that was laughable. That's where he was projected to go.

11 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

As it is, there are clearly major issues with Strong's game or health (probably both), or someone would have drafted him. 

He doesnt have any more issues with his game than any of the QB's that were drafted this year. The procedure he had on his knee has a high probability of success. The league just has a hard on for mobility even though the statue's keep getting it done again & again. "I wouldnt take a QB in today's world that cant move". That's exactly what happened. The copycat league passed on the one QB in this draft that wasnt mobile. I believe he will make them pay. The SB winning QB had 43 yards rushing this past year. Mac Jones was by far the best rookie QB despite being the least mobile. Davis Mills is not the athlete that Lawrence, Wilson or Fields is and he too had a terrible situation and still outplayed them all. Tom Brady is still dominating this league. Sometimes the league F's up. I believe allowing Strong to go undrafted and sign with this team will be one of those times. 

33 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

No they haven't. Not in the NFL. Romo went undrafted in 2003. Didn't get a start until 2006. Delhomme and Warner both played in NFL Europe and it was years before they made it as starting QBs.

I stated that. 

35 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I mean you guys want to give hurts 50 rookie seasons but it counts when warner delhomme and Romo played before else where 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

People here are so delusional about Strong. 

Thats hilarious coming from a Hurts fanboy. You literally liked the option "Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward". If that's not delusional, idk what is.

• Like 1

Considering every other thread around here ends up about Hurts did we really need another one? 

3 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Thats hilarious coming from a Hurts fanboy. You literally liked the option "Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward". If that's not delusional, idk what is.

At this point I'm just trolling them. It's the same sheet everyday 😂 I could not care less about strong I don't think he is it either. 

Watching them lose their minds is hilarious 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Considering every other thread around here ends up about Hurts did we really need another one? 

Yes! With the same tired ass arguing 

6 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

You didnt have to. I was making a bold prediction/hot take and you started your post with a snarky comment about me wanting to draft Strong within the first two days as if that was laughable. That's where he was projected to go.

He doesnt have any more issues with his game than any of the QB's that were drafted this year. The procedure he had on his knee has a high probability of success. The league just has a hard on for mobility even though the statue's keep getting it done again & again. "I wouldnt take a QB in today's world that cant move". That's exactly what happened. The copycat league passed on the one QB in this draft that wasnt mobile. I believe he will make them pay. The SB winning QB had 43 yards rushing this past year. Mac Jones was by far the best rookie QB despite being the least mobile. Davis Mills is not the athlete that Lawrence, Wilson or Fields is and he too had a terrible situation and still outplayed them all. Tom Brady is still dominating this league. Sometimes the league F's up. I believe allowing Strong to go undrafted and sign with this team will be one of those times. 

Look, I'm not a Hurts fan, I'm an Eagles fan. If Strong outplays him and is a viable franchise QB then great. I'll get right behind him. I didn't want the Eagles to take a QB in the first two rounds or sign one of the big names because of salary cap issues, needs across the team and because it was a weak QB class.

You say copycat league and maybe you are right. But if that's the case then why not try and repeat the best rookie from 2021, the Super Bowl winning QB from 2021 or the greatest QB of all time that's still playing? Teams/coaches are not going to get hung up on lack of mobility if they can get a potential franchise QB. Why didn't the Rams draft Strong? They gave up a fortune for a QB who can't run and won a Super Bowl with him. 

Simple fact is there are obvious real concerns about Strong which go over an injury that you say he will be over and a lack of mobility. 

He is not a threat to Hurts. Hurts is the only threat to Hurts this year. I would love to be wrong about Strong, but his realistic upside, at least for now, is a good backup. 

13 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Not only will he not have an MVP season, he will not get a vote, or be remotely in the conversation.  He obviously does not believe it, and that is why he has had me on ignore since half time of the playoff game after Hurts ish all over himself.

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I mean you guys want to give hurts 50 rookie seasons but it counts when warner delhomme and Romo played before else where 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lol - I've never for a minute claimed last year was Hurts' rookie year. Don't confuse me with other posters. The point is that Strong is not going to be a factor this year. You've pretty much agreed with that in another post so we don't need to go further.

EazyEaglez, the reason I posted this thread/poll was so people could set out clearly their position on Hurts before the season and it's open and easy to see in the poll results so that we can all laugh at ourselves/each others when we see how Hurts actually plays this year. It wasn't my intent for it to turn into another massive debate thread (although I'm now part of it!) 

I agree though, it's the same tired arguments from both sides and nobody is changing their position. I'm going to shut down on Hurts again, as I did pre-draft, at least until training camp/pre-season. I hope Hurts and Strong both look great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Not only will he not have an MVP season, he will not get a vote, or be remotely in the conversation.  He obviously does not believe it, and that is why he has had me on ignore since half time of the playoff game after Hurts ish all over himself.

Exactly which is why i found his delusional comment hilarious. Atleast i actually believe what im saying. Im willing to make a bet with anyone that Strong will see the field this season by way of injury or Hurts just not playing well. How bout it @ManchesterEagle? If Strong starts and wins a game this year, you delete your account, If he rides the bench all year ill delete mine. Deal?

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

Exactly which is why i found his delusional comment hilarious. Atleast i actually believe what im saying. Im willing to make a bet with anyone that Strong will see the field this season by way of injury or Hurts just not playing well. How bout it @ManchesterEagle? If Strong starts and wins a game this year, you delete your account, If he rides the bench all year ill delete mine. Deal?

Little strong on the terms of the bet.  I proposed the same bet to he who shall not be named, and it was a month suspension.  Avatar bets are also fun, @4for4EaglesNest has some fantastic avatars you can bestow upon the loser.  @Outlaw loved his.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You are on ignore again?? 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Little strong on the terms of the bet.  I proposed the same bet to he who shall not be named, and it was a month suspension.  Avatar bets are also fun, @4for4EaglesNest has some fantastic avatars you can bestow upon the loser.  @Outlaw loved his.

Lol - I'm not deleting my account nor would I want you to delete yours! I'd be delighted if Strong is good this year. 

How about if Strong starts and wins a game this year I'll make my avatar Carson Strong and if he doesn't start a game all year, you make your avatar Jalen Hurts? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - I'm not deleting my account nor would I want you to delete yours! I'd be delighted if Strong is good this year. 

How about if Strong starts and wins a game this year I'll make my avatar Carson Strong and if he doesn't start a game all year, you make your avatar Jalen Hurts? 

No, no, no,  you have to let @4for4EaglesNest supply the avatar.

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

That's a weak bet. Ill pass. I must ask though, how do i change my avatar? Im on mobile & it always gives me a hard time when i attempt to change it.

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

We can do a month suspension. What say you @ManchesterEagle?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No, no, no,  you have to let @4for4EaglesNest supply the avatar.

Nope sorry on both. I enjoy posting on the board, so I'm not going to risk that for a month, when it's perfectly possible Hurts could get injured and Minshew could also get hurt or traded. 

I also work in a job where I know full well the consequences of an offensive avatar/posting. 

You have my offer KDUB, if you don't like it, I'll happily eat crow if you are right. I'm going to shut down now on this thread as I said I would.

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

That's a weak bet. Ill pass. I must ask though, how do i change my avatar? Im on mobile & it always gives me a hard time when i attempt to change it.

You have to crop/shrink the photo your using to the size that the thumbnail accepts. Or some sheet like that lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1