Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

Nobody's changing their mind in the threads. What's your position on Hurts in 2022. I've made the poll public so we can review later in the season.

Lots of options there and I'm not sure which one to go for. There's a few there that I agree with. 

I think Hurts will improve this year. Do I think he'll improve enough? Honestly no I don't. I think his arm is limited, he doesn't see the field well enough and he will run as soon as he feels pressure because he trusts his legs. But I do think he will be better and more decisive this year because he has more experience and more weapons. I see no reason to think he's going to regress and with his work rate there is every reason why we should see some improvement.

The hard thing will be to gauge whether he's the long term answer. Or I think more importantly can this team win with him. Can they contend with him. I don't think he's a QB you win because of but I think you can win with. And hey that may be enough to earn him the starting job long term depending on what contract he wants. 

• Like 2

If Hurts regresses then they should also fire the QB coach because they hired him specifically for Hurts

• Like 1

I expect Hurts to have a very good season, but it won’t be enough.

The Eagles want a high end passer, Hurts doesn’t have the requisite talent to become that.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Oh good another hurts thread

Year 2022? Or is that the Hurts thread count?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Year 2022? Or is that the Hurts thread count?

Unsure at this point

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lots of options there and I'm not sure which one to go for. There's a few there that I agree with. 

I think Hurts will improve this year. Do I think he'll improve enough? Honestly no I don't. I think his arm is limited, he doesn't see the field well enough and he will run as soon as he feels pressure because he trusts his legs. But I do think he will be better and more decisive this year because he has more experience and more weapons. I see no reason to think he's going to regress and with his work rate there is every reason why we should see some improvement.

The hard thing will be to gauge whether he's the long term answer. Or I think more importantly can this team win with him. Can they contend with him. I don't think he's a QB you win because of but I think you can win with. And hey that may be enough to earn him the starting job long term depending on what contract he wants. 

I think you are option 4 then my friend. All QB have huge egos, so if Hurts has a good season, he’s not signing a value deal. I think if you don’t think he is a top 10 QB or potential top 10 QB, then it’s a bad move to give him that second contract.

• Like 1

Far too many options. He's a mediocre QB who needs an amazing team around him and even then probably won't get the job done

• Like 2

We're reaching levels of Hurts polls never before thought possible. 

I think with how everything is shaping up that as long as he and this team can stay healthy again *knock on wood* then he will be in the conversation for MVP at the end of the season.  With how weak their schedule is looking and how much harder it is for other teams in this league that have to play some variation of the AFC North, NCW West & AFC West, I think there is a very good chance the Eagles end up with a top 2 seed which improves the chances that Hurts is in the MVP conversation at the end of the season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hurts will probably get replaced at half time in the championship game.

I didn't see that as an option in the survey.

• Haha 2

Poll

Has Jalen Hurts completely ruined this message board?

Yes

Yes but lower.

It's endless contrarian circle jerks between the two factions,  the old board would have brung the ban hammer by now.  Bobby Wizdum got permabanned for being a massive ****.

*edited to reflect my new knowledge on why Wizdum got booted.  I apologise if anyone was offended by my defending the dickhole.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Poll

Has Jalen Hurts completely ruined this message board?

Yes

Yes but lower.

It's endless contrarian circle jerks between the two factions,  the old board would have brung the ban hammer by now.  Bobby Wizdum got permabanned for less obsessively retreading the same ground than has been on this board for the last 4 months.

That's not why Bobby was banned

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's not why Bobby was banned

Really what was he banned for then? Because every time he gets mentioned it's ragging about his QB situation obsession.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Really what was he banned for then? Because every time he gets mentioned it's ragging about his QB situation obsession.

He had some not so great opinions in cvon on the holocaust.... Not to mention the constant lying and making up "facts" or rumors and never posting the articles he was getting his so called info from. 

He hijacked every damn thread with his own agenda. I could go on and on. He deserved the ban. Several others on this board can back this up @EagleJoe8 @downundermike @paco

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 8:38 PM, devpool said:

Far too many options. He's a mediocre QB who needs an amazing team around him and even then probably won't get the job done

Huh? He didn't have an amazing team around him last year and he helped take this team to the playoffs in his first year as the starter. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Huh? He didn't have an amazing team around him last year and he helped take this team to the playoffs in his first year as the starter. 

He had a top offensive line, two great tight ends until trade deadline, had Heisman winning wide receiver, a true deep threat wide out, #1 running game, and a tremendous pass catching running back in gainwell PLUS had the weakest stretch of QBs probably in NFL history ....  

We went to the playoffs by luck and getting away from Jalens arm...which is crazy embarrassing for a qb

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

He had a top offensive line, two great tight ends until trade deadline, had Heisman winning wide receiver, a true deep threat wide out, #1 running game, and a tremendous pass catching running back in gainwell PLUS had the weakest stretch of QBs probably in NFL history ....  

We went to the playoffs by luck and getting away from Jalens arm...which is crazy embarrassing for a qb

The largely the same roster went 4-11-1 the year before.  Unless you're trying to say the addition of rookies DeVonta and Gainwell swung the team 5 more wins. Also Jalen had a big role in the Eagles having the #1 rushing offense. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 6:02 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

I think with how everything is shaping up that as long as he and this team can stay healthy again *knock on wood* then he will be in the conversation for MVP at the end of the season. 

Jalen Hurts will not get a vote for MVP, and will not even be close to getting one.

18 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

As @Bwestbrook36 stated, I think the final straw was the holocaust stuff.  A board member even offered to pay for him to go to Germany and see it for himself.

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He had some not so great opinions in cvon on the holocaust.... Not to mention the constant lying and making up "facts" or rumors and never posting the articles he was getting his so called info from. 

He hijacked every damn thread with his own agenda. I could go on and on. He deserved the ban. Several others on this board can back this up @EagleJoe8 @downundermike @paco

Wait, he was a holocaust denier?  Holy crap, I rarely go to CVON, I never knew. I just thought he was a Foles Wentz harmless but obsessive crank, but if he was a straight NSDAP then yeah F that guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As @Bwestbrook36 stated, I think the final straw was the holocaust stuff.  A board member even offered to pay for him to go to Germany and see it for himself.

That's what I remember him getting pinched for.

I honestly got a kick out of him.  He was.... out there :lol: 

• Haha 2