Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Thats hilarious coming from a Hurts fanboy. You literally liked the option "Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward". If that's not delusional, idk what is.

I'll help you know what delusional is, it's thinking an undrafted QB is the future and thinking the only reason he went undrafted is because he isn't mobile. 

Can't wait to see the reactions when Strong is IR'ed in camp.

My guess? He will be out of the league in 3 years.

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Nope sorry on both. I enjoy posting on the board, so I'm not going to risk that for a month, when it's perfectly possible Hurts could get injured and Minshew could also get hurt or traded. 

I also work in a job where I know full well the consequences of an offensive avatar/posting. 

You have my offer KDUB, if you don't like it, I'll happily eat crow if you are right. I'm going to shut down now on this thread as I said I would.

The avatar will not be offensive, it will be hilarious.  

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'll help you know what delusional is, it's thinking an undrafted QB is the future and thinking the only reason he went undrafted is because he isn't mobile. 

What is delusional is running your mouth how Hurts is going to shut up all the haters in the playoffs, and then having to run to the ignore feature at half time because you cant take the heat.

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No, delusional is thinking that Jalen Hurts will sniff MVP discussion EVER. Never said Strong was the future, just that he's better than Hurts. That hasnt been proven right or wrong yet. I want the best players to play. I also never said he only went undrafted because he was immobile. What i said was that it was moreso because he was immobile and less so about the knee. Ofc the knee was a factor but had he shown the mobility of Willis or Ridder before the surgery, i have no doubt some team would've drafted him. Learn to read. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are on ignore again?? 😂😂😂

He put me on ignore at half time of the playoff game, after he ran his mouth all week how stupid we are gonna look when Hurts balls out.

I see you lurking @4for4EaglesNest, post the Outlaw avatar

14 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Can't wait to see the reactions when Strong is IR'ed in camp.

My guess? He will be out of the league in 3 years.

And if he's not IR'ed will you leave the board for a month? 

The pressure is on. The offense is loaded. He is surrounded by talent. We don't want to hear about his "his work ethic" or how is a "leader" OFF the field, at practice and around the building. We want very good QB play. You know, actually PLAYING well in games. Actually leading DURING games. THIS is the year he must step up. I personally hope he does. I am still not sure what he is, but this is the last year I try to support him- if he doesn't show us improvement. He has had plenty of time to make the step up this year. I wish him the best, but I don't know if he has what it takes to be a very good NFL QB yet. If he steps up, everyone will celebrate him. If he doesn't, he is just another Ben Simmons, showing practice reels that make him look and sound like a great player, when in reality, we all see the truth. Step up, JH.

2 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

Yep but please go on and pretend that im the the only person who felt that way. There were much more respected football minds than you or I who said he was a late 1st-early 2nd rd prospect. 

There's a first for everything. Strong is not your typical UDFA QB. He's more gifted than Hurts in every facet of throwing the football. You will see that very soon.

Strong is definitely gifted as a passer. His knee is the issue, and without that could of been second QB off the board. Many saying we trash hurts without seeing what he is capable of are the same saying strong won't make it in the league despite having a live arm and can call his own plays

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

And if he's not IR'ed will you leave the board for a month? 

Nope because betting is stupid.

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Strong is definitely gifted as a passer. His knee is the issue, and without that could of been second QB off the board. Many saying we trash hurts without seeing what he is capable of are the same saying strong won't make it in the league despite having a live arm and can call his own plays

Didn't projected first rounder Nakobe Dean slip in the draft due to injury concerns ??  Guess we should just cut him now.

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Very well may be.  But this thread is about Hurts.  And he is Tim Tebow/Cam Newton.  You think that's good?  

He is not Cam Newton or Tim Tebow. He is Jalen Hurts, a different player on a different team with different players. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

image.png.31b8611ba61e3f6e8f4533a30e311e82.png

I overestimated afan I guess

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

He is not Cam Newton or Tim Tebow. He is Jalen Hurts, a different player on a different team with different players. 

Definitely isn't cam Newton. Cam threw 4k yards 21tds 700 rushing 14tds his real rookie season

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Many saying we trash hurts without seeing what he is capable of are the same saying strong won't make it in the league despite having a live arm and can call his own plays

Funny how that works right? I expect Hurts and his fans to be having PTSD of him being replaced by a better passer once Strong starts slingin the ball around in camp & preseason. It's inevitable. The cream always rises to the top. 

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Definitely isn't cam Newton. Cam threw 4k yards 21tds 700 rushing 14tds his real rookie season

Yep, unlike Hurts, Cam only had 1 rookie season.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Lol - I've never for a minute claimed last year was Hurts' rookie year. Don't confuse me with other posters. The point is that Strong is not going to be a factor this year. You've pretty much agreed with that in another post so we don't need to go further.

EazyEaglez, the reason I posted this thread/poll was so people could set out clearly their position on Hurts before the season and it's open and easy to see in the poll results so that we can all laugh at ourselves/each others when we see how Hurts actually plays this year. It wasn't my intent for it to turn into another massive debate thread (although I'm now part of it!) 

I agree though, it's the same tired arguments from both sides and nobody is changing their position. I'm going to shut down on Hurts again, as I did pre-draft, at least until training camp/pre-season. I hope Hurts and Strong both look great.

I think it’s pretty clear who stands where on Hurts. It’s the same tired arguments we have seen now for a few years. People bring them into threads that aren’t even about Hurts. The bottom line is the people who don’t like him never will. The people who do like him probably won’t stop, because they have to keep themselves in the same tired lanes. Same as it is with most quarterbacks for the Eagles. Heck Nick Foles won a Super Bowl here, but that will never stop some people from completely disliking him. Conversely Wentz has like 6 career playoff passes and some of these dopes will tell you he’s the greatest Eagles quarterback to have ever played. It’s pointless and will get nowhere. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Wonder who the 3 people are that voted Hurts will be MVP 😄

I voted Hurts sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Did you cross your arms after you posted that?  

Jalen Hurts skill set ceiling is slightly less than Scam Newton but slightly better than Tebow.  

So there! 

I also stuck out my tongue and shook my head.

Just now, downundermike said:

Yep, unlike Hurts, Cam only had 1 rookie season.

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

That's the thing that kills me with these "basically rookie season" guys. Foles played 6 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he was 27-2, made the pro bowl, led us to the playoffs and was a Cooper drop away from winning. Lamar played 7 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he led the NFL in TD passes and won MVP. Mahomes played one game as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he threw for 50 TD's, 5000+ yards and won MVP. Watson played 6 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he led the texans to an 11-5 record with 4100+ yards passing, 26/9 ratio & 68% completion rate. Why should we be happy with 16 TD's and a 5th alternate pro bowl nod in Hurts "basically rookie" season? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

That's the thing that kills me with these "basically rookie season" guys. Foles played 6 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he was 27-2, made the pro bowl, led us to the playoffs and was a Cooper drop away from winning. Lamar played 7 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he led the NFL in TD passes and won MVP. Mahomes played one game as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he threw for 50 TD's, 5000+ yards and won MVP. Watson played 6 games as a rookie and in his basically rookie season, he led the texans to an 11-5 record with 4100+ yards passing, 26/9 ratio & 68% completion rate. Why should we be happy with 16 TD's and a 5th alternate pro bowl nod in Hurts "basically rookie" season? 

Spitting Fire GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

No, delusional is thinking that Jalen Hurts will sniff MVP discussion EVER. Never said Strong was the future, just that he's better than Hurts. That hasnt been proven right or wrong yet. I want the best players to play. I also never said he only went undrafted because he was immobile. What i said was that it was moreso because he was immobile and less so about the knee. Ofc the knee was a factor but had he shown the mobility of Willis or Ridder before the surgery, i have no doubt some team would've drafted him. Learn to read. 

Yeah see, you're completely delusional.  If a QB is worth a damn but not mobile teams will absolutely spend a draft pick on him.  There are major concerns about his knee and also reports that he completely bombed his one on one interviews with teams. 

You're so completely ignorant about the sport that is extremely comical that you're even posting here. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You're so completely ignorant about the sport that is extremely comical that you're even posting here. 

That is rich coming from this guy.  He is so ignorant about the sport that

1.  He had to hide behind the ignore feature after Hurts ish all over himself in a playoff game he was going to "prove us all wrong"

2.  He thinks a guy that only passed for 3100 yards last year has any shot at even getting an MVP vote.