Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

On 7/6/2022 at 12:25 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

You're so completely ignorant about the sport that is extremely comical that you're even posting here. 

LMFAO says the guy who thinks Hurts will be in MVP discussion when he plays the same sport/position as Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Stafford, Lamar, Wilson, Murray etc. Make the bet with @downundermike since you know so much about the sport. You wont because you know you'll look like a damn fool just as you did during the playoff game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

LMFAOO says the guy who thinks Hurts will be in MVP discussion when he plays the same sport/position as Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Stafford, Lamar, Wilson, Murray etc. Make the bet with @downundermike since you know so much about the sport. 

I have 0.0 interest in having anything to do with that complete low life stalker loser. 

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

LMFAOO says the guy who thinks Hurts will be in MVP discussion when he plays the same sport/position as Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Brady, Rodgers, Burrow, Stafford, Lamar, Wilson, Murray etc. Make the bet with @downundermike since you know so much about the sport. You wont because you know you'll look like a damn fool just as you did during the playoff game. 

Yeah, don't @me or quote me and ask him to read it.  He will report you to the Mods.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I have 0.0 interest in having anything to do with that complete low life stalker loser. 

Cop out excuse of why you have me on ignore.  Fact, you put me on ignore at half time of the Bucs playoff game after you ran your mouth all week about how wrong I was going to be.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, don't @me or quote me and ask him to read it.  He will report you to the Mods.

Cop out excuse of why you have me on ignore.  Fact, you put me on ignore at half time of the Bucs playoff game after you ran your mouth all week about how wrong I was going to be.

Im done talkin ball with him. The season will be here soon. When we start 2-4 because Hurts is still a lackluster passer, im eager to see what the excuses will be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Im done talkin ball with him. The season will be here soon. When we start 2-4 because Hurts is still a lackluster passer, im eager to see what the excuses will be.

You're expecting him to still be here?

9 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You're expecting him to still be here?

No he'll probably go into hiding at that point. Hey we might start 4-2 and ill be here eating crow. I gotta see it to believe it though. We've beaten one team above .500 since Hurts has been the starter and that team didnt have their starting QB either time. Cousins always lights us up, the cowboys have blown us out 3 straight times and it took a last minute Mcleod INT to win the 2nd WAS game. I expect them to be much improved with Wentz and ARI is always tough early in the season. 2-4 is a strong possibility IMO if we come out pass heavy like i expect us to.

3 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Hey we might start 4-2 and ill be here eating crow.

I don't think starting 4-2 would warrant any crow eating from anyone who has reservations about Hurts.  Lions, Commanders and Jags should be easy wins, then gotta find a win against the Vikings, Cardinals or Cowboys ( who Hurts has been demolished by in two attempts )

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think starting 4-2 would warrant any crow eating from anyone who has reservations about Hurts.  Lions, Commanders and Jags should be easy wins, then gotta find a win against the Vikings, Cardinals or Cowboys ( who Hurts has been demolished by in two attempts )

I only say i'd eat crow because im the only one that i've seen predict we start 2-4. My prediction is based on us attempting to be a pass first team like we did early last year.  Lions and Jags i agree should be easy W's but i dont think WAS will be easy at all. We battled with them both games last year and they were riddled with injuries/Covid. They made some solid moves this offseason and Wentz is still a better QB than Hurts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I voted Hurts sucks

Right there with ya 

I don't think making the playoffs will be enough for Hurts to stop the Eagles from drafting a RD1 QB, now if he manages to win a game, or maybe even 2...

You might see the Eagles punt a draft pick once again, this time into 2024.

16 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I don't think making the playoffs will be enough for Hurts to stop the Eagles from drafting a RD1 QB, now if he manages to win a game, or maybe even 2...

You might see the Eagles punt a draft pick once again, this time into 2024.

I think they get one round one or two unless hurts balls out, or one of the other two fill in half way through the year and kill it. If he is adequate enough, they go round 2 and have a project with upside 

If we can replace Hurts mid year, I think we could win the SuperBowl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Moderator6 said:

You boys are placing bets huh?  

200.gif

Well, it is kind of hard to make a bet with the fraud who makes absurd takes when he has everyone on ignore who has owned him over his absurd takes.

Despite his MVP year the ravens are still trying to get Lamar to play better within the pocket.... Gee wonder why ... Let that sink in 

I'll say it again, Steve Young probably one of the greatest dual threats ever still says that throwing and on time is the main job of the QB and you need to make the throws period. If you can't then you won't last long. 

49 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Despite his MVP year the ravens are still trying to get Lamar to play better within the pocket.... Gee wonder why ... Let that sink in 

I'll say it again, Steve Young probably one of the greatest dual threats ever still says that throwing and on time is the main job of the QB and you need to make the throws period. If you can't then you won't last long. 

Lamar throws a nice ball. 

there are 10 choices,  and none of the choices is this.

He will be good enough to be the starter in 2023.  

There is one choice that is close to that.  and that got the most votes.

Until I read the poll, I didn't know an MVP season was an option. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, EazyEaglez said:

I think it’s pretty clear who stands where on Hurts. It’s the same tired arguments we have seen now for a few years. People bring them into threads that aren’t even about Hurts. The bottom line is the people who don’t like him never will. The people who do like him probably won’t stop, because they have to keep themselves in the same tired lanes. Same as it is with most quarterbacks for the Eagles. Heck Nick Foles won a Super Bowl here, but that will never stop some people from completely disliking him. Conversely Wentz has like 6 career playoff passes and some of these dopes will tell you he’s the greatest Eagles quarterback to have ever played. It’s pointless and will get nowhere. 

Irony 101.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Swoop said:

Irony 101.

I still like Foles and Wentz. Both are streaky players. I think Wentz has some bad mechanical habits and takes too many risks.

And, Kevin Kolb was the greatest Eagles QB to have ever played. 

All Eagles QBs should be measured on the Kolb scale (ex: 4 out of 5 Kolbs).

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/21/2022 at 9:02 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

I think with how everything is shaping up that as long as he and this team can stay healthy again *knock on wood* then he will be in the conversation for MVP at the end of the season.  With how weak their schedule is looking and how much harder it is for other teams in this league that have to play some variation of the AFC North, NCW West & AFC West, I think there is a very good chance the Eagles end up with a top 2 seed which improves the chances that Hurts is in the MVP conversation at the end of the season.  

Holy crap he was right on! 😂

On 6/23/2022 at 10:21 AM, downundermike said:

Jalen Hurts will not get a vote for MVP, and will not even be close to getting one.

Others not so much. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Holy crap he was right on! 😂

Others not so much. 😂

Yep, I was wrong.  Do you want a medal or something.  This will be my only response to you on this topic.  Did not want you to think I am avoiding it, I was willing to make an avatar bet with RTK about it, but like any other bet I have proposed, he declined because he is a hot take troll.

I just came off a month suspension, and due to the feelings of people in the blog and TATE getting hurt to easily, I am no longer going to post in TATE.  You wanna discuss it, come find me in another forum.

Just now, downundermike said:

Yep, I was wrong.  Do you want a medal or something.  This will be my only response to you on this topic.  Did not want you to think I am avoiding it, I was willing to make an avatar bet with RTK about it, but like any other bet I have proposed, he declined because he is a hot take troll.

I just came off a month suspension, and due to the feelings of people in the blog and TATE getting hurt to easily, I am no longer going to post in TATE.  You wanna discuss it, come find me in another forum.

Actually I’m going to give you an atta guy for actually admitting you were wrong. It’s baby steps, but it’s something. 

Some of the responses earlier in this thread are pure gold.  But TBH, I don't think anyone would have predicted Hurts to take this massive a leap forward in year 2 (2nd full year as a starter, that is).  I don't blame anyone for having doubts.  The only responses that seem kinda ignorant are those stating he had no chance at becoming a decent QB.  It was clear he had the work ethic.  

• Like 2