Hurts in 2022

ManchesterEagle

Hurts in 2022  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What will Hurts do in 2022?

• Hurts will have an MVP level season and be the QB going forward.
    • Hurts will have a very good season and be the QB going forward
    • I expect Hurts to have a good to very good season. I'm still not sure if he's the franchise guy, but I'm open to it.
    • I expect Hurts to be good to very good next season in a loaded team. I'm fairly convinced he's not our long time QB though.
    • Hurts is better than some on the board give him credit for and I expect Hurts to improve next season, but it won't be good enough. We move on in 2023.
    • Hurts is an average QB, who may get slightly better in a loaded team. He is not good enough though.
    • Hurts is a glorified running back. He can be effective to a level, but this season will prove he can't beat good teams/QBs. He will finish the year though.
    • Hurts will regress this year. Tampa Bay gave the blueprint for beating him. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts is not a good QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.
    • Hurts sucks. He's a bottom 5 QB. He should be replaced by Minshew or Strong at some point in the season.

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And if your thought process is AJ will bail Hurts out of bad throws, then you are missing the point we are trying to make

WR don't always make the QB look good. If they did Matt leinhart and Marc Bulger would be in the hall of Fame or daunte Culpeper or Jamies Winston and on and on. Those guys put up some good seasons but it didn't last because the QB had to many flaws for the wr to continuously bail them out!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

WR don't always make the QB look good. If they did Matt leinhart and Marc Bulger would be in the hall of Fame or daunte Culpeper or Jamies Winston and on and on. Those guys put up some good seasons but it didn't last because the QB had to many flaws for the wr to continuously bail them out!

Nice name drops

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Nice name drops

Lol I was just thinking off the top of my head who had 2-3 elite receivers and still sucked. Those aren't even scrambling QBs!  Except Culpeper, who wasn't really a running QB. 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:13 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

For the eagles franchise 4k is a tall task lol. 

You're right!  The only recent QB to have a single season over 4,000 yards was Wentz; ironically in the season where all his WRs were hurt and he ended up throwing to scrubs.

McNabb, Vick, Foles, Bradford, Cunningham, etc. never threw for 4,000 yards (McNabb had 3,916 one year).  But Hurts is going to make the leap to 4,000 yards this season?  He does have an extra game.  

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

You're right!  The only recent QB to have a single season over 4,000 yards was Wentz; ironically in the season where all his WRs were hurt and he ended up throwing to scrubs.

McNabb, Vick, Foles, Bradford, Cunningham, etc. never threw for 4,000 yards (McNabb had 3,916 one year).  But Hurts is going to make the leap to 4,000 yards this season?  He does have an extra game.  

McNabb came up 125 yards shy in 2004, and that was after Reid sat him after the opening drive of the 2nd to last game against the Rams. Had those games been needed, he easily surpasses 4000, and likely holds the franchise record today still. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

McNabb came up 125 yards shy in 2004, and that was after Reid sat him after the opening drive of the 2nd to last game against the Rams. Had those games been needed, he easily surpasses 4000, and likely holds the franchise record today still. 

McNabb would of put that number way out of reach that year. There were times they backed off. He was on a different level that season 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

McNabb would of put that number way out of reach that year. There were times they backed off. He was on a different level that season 

Watch it now people will say it's only because of the receiver! When all TO did was help elevate an already boarder line great QB ( at times). 

18 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Watch it now people will say it's only because of the receiver! When all TO did was help elevate an already boarder line great QB ( at times). 

TO was there to add to McNabbs success, not cover up his failures 

McNabb was 43-21 at that point with multiple deep play off runs and had elite traits other than accuracy. He was good at protecting the ball as well

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

TO was there to add to McNabbs success, not cover up his failures 

McNabb was 43-21 at that point with multiple deep play off runs and had elite traits other than accuracy. He was good at protecting the ball as well

Basically what I was trying to say lol. Good post though

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Basically what I was trying to say lol. Good post though

I was agreeing with support lol

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

You guys are literally rejecting the reality that up to this point those advanced stats haven't equated to breaking top 20 in any of the basic stats. 

Hurts ranked: 

14th in yards per attempt passing (7.3)

5th in yards per completion (11.9)

13th in net yards gained per pass attempt (6.54)

You want to sit here and constantly complain because of his total yards, total passing TDs, total completions, but don't care one bit that offensively we were 14th in total yards, 13th  in total yards per play, 12th in scoring. Troy Aikman isn't in the HOF because he put up tremendous numbers as a passer. He's in the hall of fame because he successfully managed a ball control offense and helped his team win 3 championships. 

61.3% Completion

209 yards per game

16 TD and 9 INT

where do those stats rank him?

Lost 13-7 last year to the Giants ...
17% Completion 

wiped his butt on the carpet in that game when the Eagles needed the win

In playoffs, Bucs proved he wasn’t ready for prime time and stated on national tv that he couldn’t read a D

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

61.3% Completion

209 yards per game

16 TD and 9 INT

17% Completion 

In playoffs, Bucs proved he wasn’t ready for prime time and stated on national tv that he couldn’t read a D

He also threw two perfect passes in the final minute that would have both been the game winning TD if Reagor didn't let both passes bounce off of his hands. 

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

He also threw two perfect passes in the final minute that would have both been the game winning TD if Reagor didn't let both passes bounce off of his hands. 

What the f was he doing throwing it to Reagor?

Poor decision making.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts ranked: 

You want to sit here and constantly complain because of his total yards, total passing TDs, total completions, but don't care one bit that offensively we were 14th in total yards, 13th  in total yards per play, 12th in scoring. Troy Aikman isn't in the HOF because he put up tremendous numbers as a passer. He's in the hall of fame because he successfully managed a ball control offense and helped his team win 3 championships. 

And what did those picked stats get him? Not in the top 20 in any basic measurement of QB. Keep trying though. You are finding the thinnest of limbs and trying to sell me that it's the tree right now 

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And what did those picked stats get him? Not in the top 20 in any basic measurement of QB. Keep trying though. You are finding the thinnest of limbs and trying to sell me that it's the tree right now 

So you're one of those guys that thinks 1000 yards rushing on a thousand carries is a good thing. I see. It's not about how efficient a player is (averages), to you only totals are important. 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

61.3% Completion

209 yards per game

16 TD and 9 INT

17% Completion 

He sucks 

Bold prediction: Strong looks great in training camp and preseason, Eagles come out pass happy and start 2-4 with losses to MIN, WAS, ARI & DAL, Hurts is benched for Strong over the bye week, Strong outplays Pickett in a win, lights up the texans and spoils Wentz's return on MNF😎. In all seriousness, fans are upset about this report but it's exactly what i've been saying all offseason. You dont draft Smith, trade for and pay AJB as well as pay Goedert just to run the air out of the football. I think Hurts being benched is contingent on Strong looking incredible in training camp/preseason. They already rejected Minshew so i dont see Jalen being benched in favor of him. Bottom line, there's no way we revert back to running 40+ times a game nor should we. Make Hurts pass the ball and he will either prove himself worthy of being the franchise QB or put us in position to get a franchise QB with a top 10-15 pick.

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts ranked: 

Those numbers won’t sustain with more attempts.

Kind of like when a guy hits two home runs opening day and they joke he is on pace for 324 home runs.  

Those numbers will regress the more he passes.

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Those numbers won’t sustain with more attempts.

Kind of like when a guy hits two home runs opening day and they joke he is on pace for 324 home runs.  

Those numbers will regress the more he passes.

That's just a prediction, not a fact. It's actually more realistic to predict the numbers will improve unless you don't think AJ Brown is an upgrade over Reagor or feel that both Smith and Watkins were flukes that will falter rather than improve. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

Bold prediction: Strong looks great in training camp and preseason, Eagles come out pass happy and start 2-4 with losses to MIN, WAS, ARI & DAL, Hurts is benched for Strong over the bye week, Strong outplays Pickett in a win, lights up the texans and spoils Wentz's return on MNF😎. In all seriousness, fans are upset about this report but it's exactly what i've been saying all offseason. You dont draft Smith, trade for and pay AJB as well as pay Goedert just to run the air out of the football. I think Hurts being benched is contingent on Strong looking incredible in training camp/preseason. They already rejected Minshew so i dont see Jalen being benched in favor of him. Bottom line, there's no way we revert back to running 40+ times a game nor should we. Make Hurts pass the ball and he will either prove himself worthy of being the franchise QB or put us in position to get a franchise QB with a top 10-15 pick.

Lol - if I remember rightly you would have taken Strong in the first or second right?

Do you want to give me one example of an UDFA QB who had any kind of success in his rookie year?

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So you're one of those guys that thinks 1000 yards rushing on a thousand carries is a good thing. I see. It's not about how efficient a player is (averages), to you only totals are important. 

When you are also 21st in attempts...mostly because they took the ball out of your hands.

Games of zero passing TDS - 6 

Games of 1 or less passing TDS - 9

Games under 200 yards - 9

Games under 60% completion - 7

Don't talk about efficient when as a quarterback, he wasn't effective in the air for  more than half the season. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

That's just a prediction, not a fact. It's actually more realistic to predict the numbers will improve unless you don't think AJ Brown is an upgrade over Reagor or feel that both Smith and Watkins were flukes that will falter rather than improve. 

They could have Jerry Rice and Chris Carter in their primes and if the QB can't get them the ball ...........

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

When you are also 21st in attempts...mostly because they took the ball out of your hands.

Games of zero passing TDS - 6 

Games of 1 or less passing TDS - 9

Games under 200 yards - 9

Games under 60% completion - 7

Don't talk about efficient when as a quarterback, he wasn't effective in the air for  more than half the season. 

The ball wasn't "out of his hands." You just didn't like the offense he ran. It kept our suspect defense off the field more. It wasn't only because of Hurts, it was because the whole thing was best for the whole team. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

They could have Jerry Rice and Chris Carter in their primes and if the QB can't get them the ball ...........

Jerry Rice made people think Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac were decent QBs. The other two that passed to him (in his prime) are in the HOF. Weird how that can work.