Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

how to switch that? Also, after my game crash and reboot, my inverted Y-axis camera was no longer enabled! 

For me, it's a key, but when using the xbox controller on my PC, it's right d-pad I believe. Didn't you start out in 3rd person view by default for driving? I'm pretty sure I did and had to change it to first person view just to see what it was like before changing it back.

33 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

For me, it's a key, but when using the xbox controller on my PC, it's right d-pad I believe. Didn't you start out in 3rd person view by default for driving? I'm pretty sure I did and had to change it to first person view just to see what it was like before changing it back.

no, the whole game has been 1st person view the entire time and it's so trash

Just now, Agent23 said:

no, the whole game has been 1st person view the entire time and it's so trash

I think you might've just skipped over that tutorial section. Looks like it's right d-pad for consoles too.

Action PS4 / PS5 Controls Xbox One / Series X Controls
Enter Vehicle Square X
Exit Vehicle O B
Switch Camera Right Right

https://outsidergaming.com/cyberpunk-2077-complete-controls-guide-for-ps4-ps5-xbox-one-xbox-series-x/

• Like 2

Gamers complain about lack of content but this game has too much content. It makes for a busy overwhelming experience. 

3 hours ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Gamers complain about lack of content but this game has too much content. It makes for a busy overwhelming experience. 

Yes agreed. Too much to do and way too easy to get side tracked. I will never finish it.

It's a complicated game but I'm learning. Getting a lot more used to the combat. I'm fine with complicated as long as the storyline pays off. 

It's ambitious AF. Even if it flops I gotta respect the developers for taking their shot. GTA meets Witcher meets deus ex. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

It's a complicated game but I'm learning. Getting a lot more used to the combat. I'm fine with complicated as long as the storyline pays off. 

It's ambitious AF. Even if it flops I gotta respect the developers for taking their shot. GTA meets Witcher meets deus ex. 

I'm still waiting for all the updates and patches so I get the best possible game experience. 

21 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Has a bit of Watch Dogs in it too

• Like 1

I still have a base ps4 and I got this game day 1 before I heard about all the problems it had. I felt like I got scammed because the game was basically unplayable and it was a shame because it seems like a game I want to get into and wish I could play. I read somewhere that by February there’s gonna be huge patches to fix this game and make it playable like how they perform and look with the next gen consoles. Should I wait or get my refund? I don’t know when I’ll be able to purchase next gen. 

1 hour ago, RoadToHell said:

I still have a base ps4 and I got this game day 1 before I heard about all the problems it had. I felt like I got scammed because the game was basically unplayable and it was a shame because it seems like a game I want to get into and wish I could play. I read somewhere that by February there’s gonna be huge patches to fix this game and make it playable like how they perform and look with the next gen consoles. Should I wait or get my refund? I don’t know when I’ll be able to purchase next gen. 

I would wait for the patches and they fix it. The refunds don't seem to be as easy as just saying you bought cyberpunk and they hand your money back over. I was denied a refund. So I'm just going to wait till it's fixed. 

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/cyberpunk-2077-refund-ps4-ps5-xbox-one-series-x

This link will take you to the form to fill out for a refund though if you want to still try that. I filled out the form. 

On 12/9/2020 at 9:14 PM, DEagle7 said:

First person to have sex with Keanu wins.

Spoiler

I mean technically I have Keanu inside of me right now sooooo...

So this game got pushed 50 times and somehow still came out with a billion bugs and is virtually unplayable on the consoles it was originally intended for?

I'll still get it when I get a PS5 but I feel like the whole situation is ridiculous

1 hour ago, devpool said:

So this game got pushed 50 times and somehow still came out with a billion bugs and is virtually unplayable on the consoles it was originally intended for?

I'll still get it when I get a PS5 but I feel like the whole situation is ridiculous

I never heard of it until on here like 1-2 years ago maybe, yet been seeing things all over the internet that this game is like 10 years in the making? Not surprised it has issues when it's spanned THREE console generations during it's development. "four" if you count the PS4 Pro and One X/S as new platforms within their own generation 

21 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

You do know that you can go into 3rd person view when driving right? When you're on a crotch rocket, it's one of the few times where you can see how your character looks in all those goofy clothes.

I did not know that. 1st person driving was driving me crazy!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, devpool said:

After playing it a couple hours every night now, I get it. The game is absolutely massive in scale and scope. Unlike any other game I've seen. Other open world games were large too but not with nearly as many moving pieces as this game has. RDR2 was out in the wilderness for the most part but even the towns were sparsely populated. Most street districts in night city look like times square. Then there's the environmental complexity that makes things really difficult on the hardware. The insanely high polygon count of this map was never going to be sustainable on older consoles, so if they F'ed up, it was in not being able to scale the experience to at least be stable on older hardware. My PC is decently spec'd and only a year old, and I thought it was gonna melt through the floor when I had to do a mission on jig street in the red light district. People all over the place, noises, music, conversations coming from all directions. Hookers trying to land johns, drug dealers pushing pills, TVs in the diners blaring news updates. It's like sensory overload that no other game has made me feel. It's a challenge to even stay focused on the task at hand, which I think is kinda the point given the atmosphere and tone of the story thus far. 

So yeah, as long as the bugs aren't game breaking, I can deal with them, knowing that the devs were trying to be really ambitious with this game even if they didn't quite stick the landing for a perfect 10.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I never heard of it until on here like 1-2 years ago maybe, yet been seeing things all over the internet that this game is like 10 years in the making? Not surprised it has issues when it's spanned THREE console generations during it's development. "four" if you count the PS4 Pro and One X/S as new platforms within their own generation 

I don't think they were literally writing low-level code during the entire dev phase. Usually it's the high-level conceptual work they start with in the initial years, and maybe the graphical assets that are platform agnostic.

The bugs on Reddit are funny. How in the hell did CDPR allow this game to be released on older consoles is straight criminal. They should have just made Witcher 4.

Anyone else not able to use ANY consumables?  "Action is blocked".....Off to Ebay this game goes; hopefully I can get $40 for it. Waste of my MF time.

Game was unplayable for a coupe days, it finally crashed and then was running like butter again.  Later saw that i had let an update driver go without installing.  So lesson is ALWAYS check the drivers.  Playing on a pretty powerful laptop, so 1080p with raytracing and graphics cranked and yes it is swee-heet.

i7 10750 / rtx 2070 max q / 8gb vram // 1tbssd if you must know.

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

After playing it a couple hours every night now, I get it. The game is absolutely massive in scale and scope. Unlike any other game I've seen. Other open world games were large too but not with nearly as many moving pieces as this game has. RDR2 was out in the wilderness for the most part but even the towns were sparsely populated. Most street districts in night city look like times square. Then there's the environmental complexity that makes things really difficult on the hardware. The insanely high polygon count of this map was never going to be sustainable on older consoles, so if they F'ed up, it was in not being able to scale the experience to at least be stable on older hardware. My PC is decently spec'd and only a year old, and I thought it was gonna melt through the floor when I had to do a mission on jig street in the red light district. People all over the place, noises, music, conversations coming from all directions. Hookers trying to land johns, drug dealers pushing pills, TVs in the diners blaring news updates. It's like sensory overload that no other game has made me feel. It's a challenge to even stay focused on the task at hand, which I think is kinda the point given the atmosphere and tone of the story thus far. 

So yeah, as long as the bugs aren't game breaking, I can deal with them, knowing that the devs were trying to be really ambitious with this game even if they didn't quite stick the landing for a perfect 10.

I feel bad for the console peasants, but yeah, this game is a full 10/10 on the thing I was asking from it above all: immersion.  You really live in Night City during those couple hours you are logged in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Anyone else not able to use ANY consumables?  "Action is blocked".....Off to Ebay this game goes; hopefully I can get $40 for it. Waste of my MF time.

Haven't had a problem but with the insane number of those health inhalers, I haven't had the need to even take consumables. I probably should bump the difficulty up a notch, normal is a bit too easy it seems like.

i'm playing on dell chrome book, no bugs or issues with my graphics.

tenor.gif?itemid=12388332

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Haven't had a problem but with the insane number of those health inhalers, I haven't had the need to even take consumables. I probably should bump the difficulty up a notch, normal is a bit too easy it seems like.

Very high is rough in the beginning, but if you can hack well and decrease their numbers with a stealth kill or 2 you're in solid shape.  Royce only took me 3 attempts and I was still bumbling with controls/function at that point.

Think I'm going to do guns/intelligence this first time around.  Maybe blades/stealth next time with a different back story.

6 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Very high is rough in the beginning, but if you can hack well and decrease their numbers with a stealth kill or 2 you're in solid shape.  Royce only took me 3 attempts and I was still bumbling with controls/function at that point.

Think I'm going to do guns/intelligence this first time around.  Maybe blades/stealth next time with a different back story.

I felt like at the time the royce fight came way too early in the game, and several hours later, I still feel that way. That was a pretty intense moment to start out with.

18 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I felt like at the time the royce fight came way too early in the game, and several hours later, I still feel that way. That was a pretty intense moment to start out with.

I haven't even gotten to that yet. That's how early I am in the game. Just haven't had a lot of time to play and has also cut into the immersion aspect as well. Boo.