Cyberpunk 2077 -- December 10th

opengeo

30 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Very high is rough in the beginning, but if you can hack well and decrease their numbers with a stealth kill or 2 you're in solid shape.  Royce only took me 3 attempts and I was still bumbling with controls/function at that point.

Think I'm going to do guns/intelligence this first time around.  Maybe blades/stealth next time with a different back story.

Going with a pretty classic stealth samurai build with some distraction hacking on side.  But I dunno, I've got a full hacker/tech build i'm cooking up that i think I might like better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, opengeo said:

I haven't even gotten to that yet. That's how early I am in the game. Just haven't had a lot of time to play and has also cut into the immersion aspect as well. Boo.

I think I'm at 15 hrs or so now. Haven't done too many of the side missions yet. Some of them, like the delamain ones, just seem so tedious rather than enticing. 

57 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Going with a pretty classic stealth samurai build with some distraction hacking on side.  But I dunno, I've got a full hacker/tech build i'm cooking up that i think I might like better.

I really want those mantis blades they showed in the previews solely cause they look badass. 

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I think I'm at 15 hrs or so now. Haven't done too many of the side missions yet. Some of them, like the delamain ones, just seem so tedious rather than enticing. 

Lol I did all the Delamain ones as soon as they became available. Good way to explore the map.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

This got delivered to my hotel room 

72B7B1EF-DF55-4BED-BED2-ECA2B0E93F3D.jpeg

Does it tell you how to play with bugs? 

Got about 50hrs in on pc. Glitchy as hell but still very enjoyable. I think a lot of people forget how awful some games like Skyrim, Andromeda, or No Man's Sky was at launch...I'm confident CDPR will fix with patches and [hopefully] free DLC. 

I'm already looking forward to creating my character for the second run...

tenor.gif

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Got about 50hrs in on pc. Glitchy as hell but still very enjoyable. I think a lot of people forget how awful some games like Skyrim, Andromeda, or No Man's Sky was at launch...I'm confident CDPR will fix with patches and [hopefully] free DLC. 

tenor.gif

Some people compared this to no man's sky and not getting the game that was promised. If CDPR puts the work in like the developers of NMS then it will be great

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westbrook#36 said:

tenor.gif

Man that one was such a bummer.  I though the combat system was really great, but most of the appeal of ME for me was the story and the villains, and man even with the patches it came up so lacking there.

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

$299? 

Like $19 or something on Amazon 

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

50 hrs? Jesus 

Been geographically separated from the family for work for a while and not a whole lot else to do because of covid. 🤷‍♂️

On 12/7/2020 at 4:06 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I have the Mamba edition for PS5 as well. Unfortunately I was a dope and put the wrong code in and now have the ps4 version so can't sell mine lol

Finally opened mine... looks like the PS5 content (which I'm guessing is VC and other stuff) seems like it might be tied to the same redemption code as the PS4 version... which is dumb because why would someone even need/want a PS4 version if they own a PS5 copy? Like give it to a friend or something. So lame!

EE891045-D1E5-433E-93A4-C8D0FC363DD5.jpeg

So I'm officially beyond the early missions and in more of free roaming stage of the game.  I know I've said it before but I'm still blown away by the scope of this thing.  The environments are clearly meticulously designed and it's the first free roaming game where it actually feels as if you're in a living city.  Most RPGs it's just a few people roaming the streets, super limited stores, limited areas where you can explore, or NPCs with the same few limited dialogue trees. But here every corner, vendor, character, gang etc seems intentional.  No wonder this thing crashes on last gen consoles when you're speeding in a car and it's trying to render the dozens of unique characters in the market ahead of you.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Finally opened mine... looks like the PS5 content (which I'm guessing is VC and other stuff) seems like it might be tied to the same redemption code as the PS4 version... which is dumb because why would someone even need/want a PS4 version if they own a PS5 copy? Like give it to a friend or something. So lame!

EE891045-D1E5-433E-93A4-C8D0FC363DD5.jpeg

That's why I got them confused. And yes it is really dumb!!

My refund was denied and was told cyberpunk is working on patches to fix it..... Which was my whole reasoning for the refund was cause I said I'm not waiting till February for a game to be fixed that I paid 60 for now

10 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

My refund was denied and was told cyberpunk is working on patches to fix it..... Which was my whole reasoning for the refund was cause I said I'm not waiting till February for a game to be fixed that I paid 60 for now

Who did you try to get the refund from?

1 hour ago, DEagle7 said:

So I'm officially beyond the early missions and in more of free roaming stage of the game.  I know I've said it before but I'm still blown away by the scope of this thing.  The environments are clearly meticulously designed and it's the first free roaming game where it actually feels as if you're in a living city.  Most RPGs it's just a few people roaming the streets, super limited stores, limited areas where you can explore, or NPCs with the same few limited dialogue trees. But here every corner, vendor, character, gang etc seems intentional.  No wonder this thing crashes on last gen consoles when you're speeding in a car and it's trying to render the dozens of unique characters in the market ahead of you.  

And the RPg character building has tons of depth to it.  Skill trees linked to attributes , gear and whole 'nother layer with the cyberware and crafting bonuses.  A lot going on for crunchers.

31 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Who did you try to get the refund from?

Cyberpunk is telling people to go through sony or xbox. People are having success with it. More so with xbox then sony, they want no parts of giving refunds . They have issued some though

I've been racking up quickhacking components but haven't figured out how to craft them. I'm either really stupid, or it hasn't been unlocked yet as part of the story. Or both. Probably both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Cyberpunk is telling people to go through sony or xbox. People are having success with it. More so with xbox then sony, they want no parts of giving refunds . They have issued some though

Yeah there is an email address you can contact as well if you are denied.  

I'm loving this game. It's got some rendering issues, but not as bad as Skyrim was on PS3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any reason to buy a car?  I got some mission to purchase a car but I'm kinda coming at it from a GTA POV. You don't buy cars, you go to the rich part of town and find yoself a car. I'm guessing that may not be as feasible here for some reason. 

58 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Is there any reason to buy a car?  I got some mission to purchase a car but I'm kinda coming at it from a GTA POV. You don't buy cars, you go to the rich part of town and find yoself a car. I'm guessing that may not be as feasible here for some reason. 

Yes they tell you do not take the GTA approach and just go stealing cars. They said that will mess up other parts of the story 

• Like 1