EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

The NFL is in a bind on player safety, some of their own making with the rules and some of it not their own making.  Erring on the side caution is where they have to be, even if it is looks ludicrous. Chiefs fans are right to be angry, but let's be honest, if Mahomes had got injured on a play like that, they'd be the first to complain.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

You do realize every NFL team would shut out a High school offense too right?

Yeah that'd be something but the Cowboys have been playing NFL offenses. Not high school teams. 

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

O JFC. 

Elite means 1986 bears crap, theyre no where near that level.

Really good is by week 14 they still put up these numbers(which they wont be, and you can bet what ever you'd like)

People, majority of people think theyre good. (except you) Good is, they handle whats in front of them and get the job done.

19th in rushing, 8th in passing, tied for 18th in take aways, 3rd in sacks

In comparison the Eagles defense is 1st in take aways, 1st in sacks, 7th in passing and 4th in rushing.

Does that mean the EAGLEEEZ ARE MORE ELITZES?

Why are you typing like a ****?  Eagles defense is good this year. Certainly not as stout though. Not sure why it's so difficult for you to admit that the Cowboys have a great  top level defense. There is a reason they are 4-1 with all wins coming with a practice squad backup QB. It's because their defense is playing at an elite level. 

12 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The NFL is in a bind on player safety, some of their own making with the rules and some of it not their own making.  Erring on the side caution is where they have to be, even if it is looks ludicrous. Chiefs fans are right to be angry, but let's be honest, if Mahomes had got injured on a play like that, they'd be the first to complain.

Ruining the integrity of the game for the sake of ticket sales and TV viewers is ludicrous indeed, and its bad for the sport. Injuries are going to happen and star players are going to get hurt. Being cautious and limiting what you can and can not do is one thing, the calls that Brady and Carr got are something else.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

The reason is they played dog crap teams who are banged up and hurt lol

I'm not giving anyone the title of ELITE defense after week 5

I'm sure as F not giving anyone the Elite Title has is only top 5 in one category out of 10000s lol

You your self just called the Eagles defense "good". Eagles defense is literally better than the "Elite" cowboys in every statistical category except one. AND! Most categories the Eagles are WAYYYY better than the cowboys. 

Points allowed is essentially the most important category. Eagles likewise haven't really played anyone yet we've given up 35 points in a game.  No matter how much you try to show how detached from reality you are the fact is the Dallas defense hasn't let a team score 20 or more points in any game this season and hasn't let any team score more than one touchdown in a game.  And that's pretty impressive considering they've played the two teams that were in the Super Bowl last season as well as Tom Brady. 

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Ruining the integrity of the game for the sake of ticket sales and TV viewers is ludicrous indeed, and its bad for the sport. Injuries are going to happen and star players are going to get hurt. Being cautious and limiting what you can and can not do is one thing, the calls that Brady and Carr got are something else.

The issue was the concussion lawsuit spooked the NFL - they know there is likely a ticking time bomb on player health from some of those hits to the head that were permissible until fairly recently.  So now, they are being more cautious and would rather throw a flag than not even if it looks stupid on replay.  Injuries do and will happen, but someone having dementia in their 40s or from too many concussions, etc is not a look they want.

Has this been discussed?

Uncalled for... He should get a hefty fine from the league, and this would be a situation that Adams should be looking at charges and/or a civil suit, if the person was injured, or the equipment damaged.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Has this been discussed?

Uncalled for... He should get a hefty fine from the league, and this would be a situation that Adams should be looking at charges and/or a civil suit, if the person was injured, or the equipment damaged.

well out of order. should be fined

Is this the week we unleash Sermon? I would like to see our OL physically destroy Dallas this week with Ground and Pound mixed in with big double move plays down field on their gambling corners.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

lol well lets not overreact here and make it a bigger issue than it needs to be. Its all over the internet and plenty of people like you are calling him out. Its going to be talked about all week and hes obviously going to get fined and he already apologized. Not like he Draymond Green'd him. 

Goody goody.   Ridiculous for it to happen in the first place.   But, I don't think an apology is good enough, nor is a fine.  This type of behavior isn't acceptable.   Maybe a suspension would be more appropriate.   Lest we forget that the reason that these athletes make such large sums of money so that the hefty fines don't actually hurt them financially is because of the media coverage they get and the fans that follow them.  Its literally a case of biting that hand that feeds them.  

3 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

The issue was the concussion lawsuit spooked the NFL - they know there is likely a ticking time bomb on player health from some of those hits to the head that were permissible until fairly recently.  So now, they are being more cautious and would rather throw a flag than not even if it looks stupid on replay.  Injuries do and will happen, but someone having dementia in their 40s or from too many concussions, etc is not a look they want.

The original issue was when Brady got hurt in 2008. The NFL overreacted to his injury and ever since then he has been protected more than any other player in the league. Both of the flags thrown vs ATL and KC were not so much about protecting against concussions as it was making a statement that these QBs need to be protected as much as possible to avoid any and all injuries. It wasnt that Tua went out with a concussion, it was that Tua got hurt PERIOD. The NFL overreacting to injuries and thus ruining the integrity of the game on the field is the issue. The NFL can not value the $$$ of star players so much that they are willing to change the outcome of games. Thats the point im trying to make.  

23 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So let me get this right.

17 Points per game given up, 1st in sacks, 1st in take aways, 7th in passing, 4th in rushing  = NOT ELITE

14.5 points per game, 18th in takeways, 3rd in sacks, 9th in rushing and 19th in passing = ELITE

The best part, the Cowboys are 3rd in the only category you care about. And 3 "elite" teams makes zero sense. 

I don't know why you're desperately trying to test this into an Eagles defense vs Cowboys defense argument when it isn't.  Eagles defense is really good this year.  So is the Cowboys. 

So bizarre trying to take part in any discussion with you. You just keep shooting odd into weird directions and making odd claims that don't make any sense like there can't be 3 elite defenses in the league. 

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Goody goody.   Ridiculous for it to happen in the first place.   But, I don't think an apology is good enough, nor is a fine.  This type of behavior isn't acceptable.   Maybe a suspension would be more appropriate.   Lest we forget that the reason that these athletes make such large sums of money so that the hefty fines don't actually hurt them financially is because of the media coverage they get and the fans that follow them.  Its literally a case of biting that hand that feeds them.  

I mean me personally, im not that upset about it as others seem to be lol. **** happens. Im not excusing him but theres no need for a witch hunt so people can get their anger out.

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I don't know why you're desperately trying to test this into an Eagles defense vs Cowboys defense argument when it isn't.  Eagles defense is really good this year.  So is the Cowboys. 

So bizarre trying to take part in any discussion with you. You just keep shooting odd into weird directions and making odd claims that don't make any sense like there can't be 3 elite defenses in the league. 

Gotta keep in mind Detroit lit us up in Game 1. Sample size is too small but I'd say the D is trending up and way better since. Can't wait for Maddox to get back.

BD83A6DC-4476-4FA6-9E3F-9F04BDFF02FE.thumb.jpeg.8f11eb7a1f13bdd78edb6314556b92c0.jpeg

Just visited Napoleons tomb….such a big casket for a little guy! 

It was a jaw dropping building though, just beautiful

7 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

Camera man better never walk the streets in NYC.  He would think that was a love pat.  Some guy walks right in front of him with a metal pole object held out in front of him.  Purely reactive move by Adams. 

25 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Has this been discussed?

He's tweeted an apology.  I don't think he had any intent to injure the guy.  I do think he could face civil damages if the cameraman was actually injured.  

It doesn't look as bad from the angle below because you can see the camera man run in front of him.  So it looks more like a reaction to someone getting in his way rather than Adams just pushing someone in his way. 

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Cause theyre not elite. They're literally not #1 in any defensive category lol 

They are going to be by far the best defense the Eagles will face this year.  They have probably the best defensive player in the league playing at a very high level.  It's an elite defense. 

4 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

They are going to be by far the best defense the Eagles will face this year.  They have probably the best defensive player in the league playing at a very high level.  It's an elite defense. 

This.

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I just think he didn't think about it.   I don't think Adams thought it was acceptable.  The cameraman was trying to do his job and Adams knocked him down.  He did run in front of Adams and it seems like it was more reactive than intentional.  

6 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

This.

Is this the week that Sirianni and Steichen come out running straight into the teeth of the Cowboys' defense? Just to see how "tough" they really are? Soften them up a bit and slow their quick release? I think I'll throw up if I see another bubble screen.

34 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I mean me personally, im not that upset about it as others seem to be lol. **** happens. Im not excusing him but theres no need for a witch hunt so people can get their anger out.

Irony.   What was he doing if not trying to get his anger out?

BTW, I'm not angry.  I'm disappointed that that seems to be the way things are dealt with in our society now.

20 minutes ago, Eagle1ne said:

Is this the week that Sirianni and Steichen come out running straight into the teeth of the Cowboys' defense? Just to see how "tough" they really are? Soften them up a bit and slow their quick release? I think I'll throw up if I see another bubble screen.

Get ready, the screen to Goedert is coming.

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Irony.   What was he doing if not trying to get his anger out?

BTW, I'm not angry.  I'm disappointed that that seems to be the way things are dealt with in our society now.

I feel the opposite I guess. Society today overreacts to everything. Everything is cancel culture. Everything is political. Everything is scrutinized with the use of social media. People really just need to relax and be happy the camera isnt on them, because I know all of us dont want that....fathers fighting in the parking lot in front of their sons and all.😉

Everyone should just take a drink, be entertained, and move on with their lives lol.

Guest justrelax
46 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

BD83A6DC-4476-4FA6-9E3F-9F04BDFF02FE.thumb.jpeg.8f11eb7a1f13bdd78edb6314556b92c0.jpeg

Just visited Napoleons tomb….such a big casket for a little guy! 

It was a jaw dropping building though, just beautiful

Something of a myth. Napoleon was between 5’5” and 5’6”, close to average for Corsicans of the time.

Archived