EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Thrive said:

Can someone explain to me how the Chiefs/Bills game is not being played on Sunday Night/Monday Night Football?

It’s probably the game of the season. Weird.

Cause clearly we need another broncos primetime game… lol

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Thrive said:

Can someone explain to me how the Chiefs/Bills game is not being played on Sunday Night/Monday Night Football?

CBS and FOX get to protect a few games a year. (not sure on the number)

1 minute ago, Thrive said:

Because they need to give Russell Wilson and the Broncos a prime time spot 4 out of the first 6 weeks of the season. 

6 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

This play is very useful for Sirianni and Steichen to analyze, because it’s going to replay itself in crunch times the rest of this season.  Other teams will follow the Cardinals plan here:

Bring overload pressure from Hurts’ right — forces him to make a quick decision, and cuts off his preferred escape route.  Hopefully they draw up various counters to this type of pressure defense and Hurts can improve his execution when it really counts 

Most teams don’t have a pair of Ss like the Cards. 

13 minutes ago, metal said:

The guy will be fine but this is totally uncalled for by Davante Adams

Not cool man.

He should be shoving Josh McDaniels lol

As of right now there is no unbeatable, dominant team.

Eagles managed to pull out a ugly win but there are only a few teams I don't think they could beat, Buffalo, KC and maybe SF.

6 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Because they need to give Russell Wilson and the Broncos a prime time spot 4 out of the first 6 weeks of the season. 

It'll take that team 4 prime time games to score a TD.

7 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

CBS and FOX get to protect a few games a year. (not sure on the number)

I thought that was only with respect to games being flexed?

27 minutes ago, Thrive said:

https://www.nfl.com/schedules/flexible-scheduling-procedures

NFL FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-18
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 18 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 18) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

2 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

As of right now there is no unbeatable, dominant team.

Eagles managed to pull out a ugly win but there are only a few teams I don't think they could beat, Buffalo, KC and maybe SF.

The closest to unbeatable was the 2007 Patriots. They got beat. The Jags were 15-0 vs the rest of the NFL one year and 0-3 vs the Titans.  Everyone can be beat.

Those '99 Jags beat Marino's Dolphins 62-7 and then lost 33-14 the next week.

The Eagles are much better than SF, about even with KC, and the best team to have a chance vs Buffalo (unless KC can get them in KC for the playoffs)

SF was good on paper in the preseason but they are losing guys for the season every week.

That 49ers D has faced Wilson, Baker, Stafford, Fields in a monsoon, and yes Geno Smith. They lost twice.

The Bills look really good but the only way they play them is in Arizona.

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The closest to unbeatable was the 2007 Patriots. They got beat. The Jags were 15-0 vs the rest of the NFL one year and 0-3 vs the Titans.  Everyone can be beat.

Those '99 Jags beat Marino's Dolphins 62-7 and then lost 33-14 the next week.

The Eagles are much better than SF, about even with KC, and the best team to have a chance vs Buffalo (unless KC can get them in KC for the playoffs)

SF was good on paper in the preseason but they are losing guys for the season every week.

That 49ers D has faced Wilson, Baker, Stafford, Fields in a monsoon, and yes Geno Smith. They lost twice.

The Bills look really good but the only way they play them is in Arizona.

There is a formula for beating this Bills teams. The Giants used it to win a SB against a very similar team, in terms of O production. Run the rock and keep the explosive O off the field. The Birds can do that. 

39 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Hmmm...if only there were a member of this message board who's weirdly obsessed with everything to do with networks and the scheduling of sporting events.

The scary thing about the Bills is that one of their best players has not even played yet in Tre'Davious White.

They did lose Micah Hyde for the year.

9 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

There is a formula for beating this Bills teams. The Giants used it to win a SB against a very similar team, in terms of O production. Run the rock and keep the explosive O off the field. The Birds can do that. 

BB's HoF  game plan (nickel and dime Ds with punishment on Andre Reed over the middle stuff) would be worthless vs this Bills team.

His plan vs Philly in 2004 (5 lineman to stop Westbrook) would have been worthless if McNabb did not keep hitting wide open Patriots.

Those plans were let half the offense crush you and hope they won't. No shot vs the 2022 Bills.

Josh Allen would run for 250 yards. These Bills also have a much better deep passing game.

The 1990 Bills had a 7th best D. These Bills have the best.(or 2nd best)

Also, 47 yard FGs are nothing now. Giants lose if the same game was played today.

I like this Eagles team so much because they don't have to be sell out gimmicky.

They have 2 incredible and 2 more good cover guys.

They have a good and deep D-line.

Then on offense they have the personnel to run at you or pass over you.

They might have the best O-line in the league if they can get healthy again.

No comment on special teams.

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

BB's HoF  game plan (nickel and dime Ds with punishment on Andre Reed over the middle stuff) would be worthless vs this Bills team.

His plan vs Philly in 2004 (5 lineman to stop Westbrook) would have been worthless if McNabb did not keep hitting wide open Patriots.

Those plans were let half the offense crush you and hope they won't. No shot vs the 2022 Bills.

Josh Allen would run for 250 yards. These Bills also have a much better deep passing game.

The 1990 Bills had a 7th best D. These Bills have the best.(or 2nd best)

Also, 47 yard FGs are nothing now. Giants lose if the same game was played today.

I respectfully disagree. It is still valid that if you limit the touches of a high powered offense, then they don't score as much. The final drive of the last game showed that the Birds can do this. My only critique of that drive is the final set of downs. They should have gone for a TD but in the end they won. 

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Harden is in shape (doesn't have to deal with Kyrie's BS) and Maxey put on 10 lbs of muscle.

They also got deep and physical on the bench.

Lots of good teams this year but I'm looking forward to a playoff run.

Don’t get your hopes up on Harden. Been in league for a decade and he’s deciding to get in shape now? 

7 hours ago, SkippyX said:

200w.gif

Too early for these takes

8 hours ago, metal said:

The guy will be fine but this is totally uncalled for by Davante Adams

Why do none of theses nationally known publications or beat writers like Schefter call him out out for being a piece of trash?  Even the commentator just says woah woah woah. Can't have that.  Frustrated after a loss would fit if he threw his helmet on the ground.  Adams pushed an innocent photographer to the ground and no one seems to bat an eye.

Someone please call out players for being wrong when they act like horrible people.  Let the young players watching know that there are consequences for things like that.  Aaron Donald swings 2 helmets at an opponents heads (clearly assault) and the reaction is, it's just practice.  Who knows what happens to Adams, I'm sure nothing.  Chris Jones makes an incredible football play and gets a penalty.  And we're supposed to act surprised when Blount is in a huge brawl after a youth football game?  

Maybe the tweet should say something along the lines of "completely unacceptable behavior for Adams..."  Photographer could probably press charges if he wanted to.  In the real world, if Adams isn't wearing his uniform and he pushes a guy to the ground like that, there would be consequences.  

Sorry for the rant.  Just frustrated with the lack of respect that so many show these days.

4 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Why do none of theses nationally known publications or beat writers like Schefter call him out out for being a piece of trash?  Even the commentator just says woah woah woah. Can't have that.  Frustrated after a loss would fit if he threw his helmet on the ground.  Adams pushed an innocent photographer to the ground and no one seems to bat an eye.

Someone please call out players for being wrong when they act like horrible people.  Let the young players watching that there are consequences for things like that.  Aaron Donald swings 2 helmets at an opponents heads (clearly assault) and the reaction is, it's just practice.  Who knows what happens to Adams, I'm sure nothing.  Chris Jones makes an incredible football play and gets a penalty.  And we're supposed to act surprised when Blount is in a huge brawl after a youth football game?  

Maybe the tweet should say something along the lines of "completely unacceptable behavior for Adams..."  Photographer could probably press charges if he wanted to.  In the real world, if Adams isn't wearing his uniform and he pushes a guy to the ground like that, there would be consequences.  

Sorry for the rant.  Just frustrated with the lack of respect that so many show these days.

lol well lets not overreact here and make it a bigger issue than it needs to be. Its all over the internet and plenty of people like you are calling him out. Its going to be talked about all week and hes obviously going to get fined and he already apologized. Not like he Draymond Green'd him. 

Just now, UndyTaker said:

lol well lets not overreact here and make it a bigger issue than it needs to be. Its all over the internet and plenty of people like you are calling him out. Its going to be talked about all week and hes obviously going to get fined and he already apologized. Not like he Draymond Green'd him. 

No one cares what people like me say.  Point I'm making is that it is people like me calling him out, not the ones who people like me follow who could be the ones that make a difference and let people know, this is wrong.  Nothing happening to Draymond either so that further proves my point.  

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

No one cares what people like me say.  Point I'm making is that it is people like me calling him out, not the ones who people like me follow who could be the ones that make a difference and let people know, this is wrong.  Nothing happening to Draymond either so that further proves my point.  

Hey buddy...I care. *reaches out for a hug*

9 hours ago, metal said:

RIP to anyone going against Travis Kelce in fantasy

Survived the onslaught thanks to Josh Jacobs

Archived