EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Waiting for Tyler Bass to get injured in a few weeks.  The Bill sign Dicker.  We then face the Bills in the Super Bowl.  Dicker plays the game assured that he will get a Super Bowl ring.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people are making a big enough deal about the roughing the passer call on Grady Jarrett. The integrity of the league should be in question after that hit. Tua got hurt with a similar albeit more violent swinging motion, and the NFL loves all the drama with that and any QB sack that looks anything like it could easily be flagged to keep that drama going. That flag was unforgivable. 

28 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Really excited for tonight's matchup.

Derek Carr on his ass all night or throwing 4 picks while Patrick dances all over the field.

Lovely scheduling, NFL... well done.

Side note, Matt Rhule getting 40 mil not to coach the Panthers.

These Owners can spit 40 Mil in the gutter and not bat an eye.

Gruden still getting his 10 Mil a year to watch the bird feeders in his backyard?

I'd think that the Panthers are counting on Rhule not remaining unemployed for the whole time so it won't cost them $40 million. Gruden, I don't know what he'd do in the NFL or any high profile job in football, college or pro. Gruden doing something behind the scenes maybe but that's unlikely to pay anywhere near $10 mil/year IMO.

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Jake Elliott has proven to have what it takes between the ears to make kicks with championships on the line.  He also has better than average leg strength and accuracy.  

You let that ride until he ages out of the position.

The "replacement/move on" philosophy that seems to linger among Fans is most confusing.

Rosters are built on the idea of vets with new guys right behind them. Coach em up as the season progresses.

Coaches ID young guys that can step in when called, the rest hit the streets/waiver wire.

Howie's job to extract value if possible from the castoffs.

9 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I don't think people are making a big enough deal about the roughing the passer call on Grady Jarrett. The integrity of the league should be in question after that hit. Tua got hurt with a similar albeit more violent swinging motion, and the NFL loves all the drama with that and any QB sack that looks anything like it could easily be flagged to keep that drama going. That flag was unforgivable. 

Jerome Boger has been a rather poor referee for a long time.  I never get a good feeling when he does Eagles games.  That call was more about the ability of the official than the integrity of the game.

It does put the NFL into a tough position, though.  DL players moved towards pulling the QB down because they were being flagged for landing on the QB.  If neither is to be allowed then perhaps a slow waltz is the logical next step.

Just now, eglz1 said:

I'd think that the Panthers are counting on Rhule not remaining unemployed for the whole time so it won't cost them $40 million. Gruden, I don't know what he'd do in the NFL or any high profile job in football, college or pro. Gruden doing something behind the scenes maybe but that's unlikely to pay anywhere near $10 mil/year IMO.

Gruden had no offset language in his contract, according to all reports I've ever seen.

He's collecting a 10 Mil/yr check from the World's Most Astute Businessman, Mark Davis, for doing absolutely nothing but staying away from the Raiders. Doubt he's looking for work.

1 hour ago, bpac55 said:

Who here is good at meme magic?  Need to put Dicker's face on here, change it to 13 and make it say Dicker the Kicker the Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon 

The Wonderful World of Disney" The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking  Philadelphia Phenomenon (TV Episode 1998) - IMDb

Pretend the number is 13. 😂

BDB04864-B08E-4D3F-A2D9-B3F7FC9CB0C6.png

14 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It’s too important of a position to F around with and try to save cap space. Jake is clutch and until he proves he isn’t, you stay with him. Dicker making a 23 yarder for the win shouldn’t move anyone off Jake. 

If Dicker plays next Sunday and looks good, it may not matter much if the Eagles cut/release him. He won't be unemployed long. Dicker just needs to prove he can perform under pressure.  I'm sure there are lots of free agent kickers out there and I'll bet most of them have demonstrated shortcomings.

13 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Gruden had no offset language in his contract, according to all reports I've ever seen.

He's collecting a 10 Mil/yr check from the World's Most Astute Businessman, Mark Davis, for doing absolutely nothing but staying away from the Raiders. Doubt he's looking for work.

Didn't Gruden resign?

3 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If Dicker plays next Sunday and looks good, it may not matter much if the Eagles cut/release him. He won't be unemployed long. Dicker just needs to prove he can perform under pressure.  I'm sure there are lots of free agent kickers out there and I'll bet most of them have demonstrated shortcomings.

Your Track Record starts with #1, then #2, then #3...

He's got two...and isn't shaving yet...:lol:

16 minutes ago, Doc S. said:

Probably not. I'd think he'd want to do something whether it pays or not. He's only 59, that's a little young for shuffleboard to be the highlight of his day.

PS is not a safe place to keep player from other teams.  If Dicker plays well next week (assuming Jake will take another week off), he could be signed by other teams which need a kicker.  At this point, Jake should still be the kicker to keep with a history of performance.  Like they say: if you have to choose between good players, you don't have a problem.

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

Didn't Gruden resign?

You are correct.

Seems a settlement was, in fact, agreed to...World's Greatest haircut at work again.

Gruden Settlement

Undisclosed sums, however, Original Contract was fully guaranteed. so he had the hammer.

Pretty sure he STILL ain't lookin for work...

Edited for accuracy...nobody wears  the Bowl Cut like Mark...son of Al, who handed a Billion Dollar business to his incompetent son...

is that Appearanceist???...or Billionaireist?? :whistle:

11 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Didn't Gruden resign?

He did but there was an undisclosed settlement 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Back to back standing up sacks.  Never seen that before.  

Let’s go Big Orange!

Just wishing Max Crosby was an Eagle, love his game.

Go get him, Howie...lol.

Looking forward to the game next Sunday night.  Eagles have to prove they can beat the Turds, having lost 6 of the last 8 meetings — but DAL can’t afford to lose this one or they’ll be two games behind the Eagles (6-0 to 4-2) and risk not being able to win any head-to-head tiebreaker at the end of the regular season.

I doubt the Turds will send Dak out there.  If he starts and loses then they might actually have a mini-QB controversy there.  I assume they’ll stay with the "hot hand” (at least fully healthy hand) at QB, knowing there will be another meeting later this season in DAL.

It will be especially intriguing to see how Hurts performs.  He wasn’t very good in either of his previous two games against DAL, but he has better weapons around him now.  DAL this season has faced some bad OL play and stationary QBs.  We will see if Hurts can create problems with his mobility or improved passing.

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Looking forward to the game next Sunday night.  Eagles have to prove they can beat the Turds, having lost 6 of the last 8 meetings — but DAL can’t afford to lose this one or they’ll be two games behind the Eagles (6-0 to 4-2) and risk not being able to win any head-to-head tiebreaker at the end of the regular season.

I doubt the Turds will send Dak out there.  If he starts and loses then they might actually have a mini-QB controversy there.  I assume they’ll stay with the "hot hand” (at least fully healthy hand) at QB, knowing there will be another meeting later this season in DAL.

It will be especially intriguing to see how Hurts performs.  He wasn’t very good in either of his previous two games against DAL, but he has better weapons around him now.  DAL this season has faced some bad OL play and stationary QBs.  We will see if Hurts can create problems with his mobility or improved passing.

I'm going to throw a brick through the screen if Gannon rolls out the same scaredy cat defense he used this past week. We have two shut down CBs. Use them and bring the dogs and if they win they win, if not, not. Stop trying to be so effin' smart.

If defenders can’t lower their helmet then offensive players shouldn’t be able to either. Should be a flag on Jacobs. 

Ugly start for KC, but I feel like they're going to end up winning comfortably anyway.

There’s certainly a great level of distain towards Wentz. Rivera doesn’t seem to be the type to just throw his players under the bus all Willy nilly. This guy had diva Cam Newton for years and I don’t remember him ever throwing shade towards him. 

Wentz must really be a condescending uncoachable brat. 

KC is too stubborn right now. They're getting beat up front and they can't beat man to man. Do something else!

Still not feelin Joe Buck. Tried but I give up.

Network Darling, all the big gigs but just too sterile and predictable. No feeling. Job completion by rote.

Info spoken into his ear by minions, spit out as "Look what I know..."

Troy seems to just tolerate him sometimes, but truth escapes.

Love me sum Troy, ex Cowbish notwithstanding, he's a decent color guy. Knowledgeable and doesn't pollute the air time.

As usual, Buck riding Troy's ring and Daddy's legacy. See the Metro beard he occasionally sports. Trying so hard...

Sorry, swing and a miss... 

Archived