Miles Sanders contract year

MidMoFo

It was a bad sign when on the first play/carry of the game Miles was already dancing around in the backfield instead of hitting the hole.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Someone said he got hurt and that's why he went MIA

He was battling a knee injury for most of the season.  

I think we can easily replace his production with Kenny G and a draft pick or a FA.  He’s not worth what he’s going to want.  And the non commitment to the run game with actual running backs is a problem so don’t spend on a position you don’t use anyway. 

• Like 2

I don’t see a huge market for Sanders. What team would want him as their lead back? 

• Like 1

I truly believe that Sanders (excellent) numbers in the season were a consequence of running behind the best OLine in the NFL…

I very much doubt that he gets even close to what he got behind 90% of the other teams in the league…

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, EagleTen said:

I truly believe that Sanders (excellent) numbers in the season were a consequence of running behind the best OLine in the NFL…

I very much doubt that he gets even close to what he got behind 90% of the other teams in the league…

You can say the same thing about Emmitt Smith's numbers. 

As for Sanders, he has been pretty consistent in averages each season (including the 2020 season where we had 16 different O-line combinations).

He's a good RB. The question is, what is a good RB worth and is it easy to find other good RBs that are cheaper. 

• Like 2

How the hell does Miles Sanders all of a sudden stop trying to bounce everything outside, stop fumbling the ball, and stop being soft as puppy crap all season long and then in the biggest game of the year ALL of his weaknesses from the past come back in a major way.  The play where he fumbled out of bounds and caused us to lose a yard he had an opportunity to cut inside and lower his shoulder for 3 or 4 yards and instead tried to run around a Devonta Smith block where Smith was pushing the guy to the outside. Good riddance Miles.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, DBW said:

He was battling a knee injury for most of the season.  

I think we can easily replace his production with Kenny G and a draft pick or a FA.  He’s not worth what he’s going to want.  And the non commitment to the run game with actual running backs is a problem so don’t spend on a position you don’t use anyway. 

Kenny G would need at least two partners to create a three headed monster. Not a full time back kind of guy.

19 hours ago, EagleTen said:

Don't forget defenses needing to account for Hurts. That is probably even more favorable. Kept the ends from crashing down for the most part.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, T-1000 said:

How the hell does Miles Sanders all of a sudden stop trying to bounce everything outside, stop fumbling the ball, and stop being soft as puppy crap all season long and then in the biggest game of the year ALL of his weaknesses from the past come back in a major way.  

I want Sanders gone for various reason but fumbling isn't one of them because he didn't do a lot of fumbling, Philadelphia fans have some serious issues, that's why nobody likes the Eagles because of their crazy-arse fans..

• Like 1

Vet Min or hit the road.  Inexcusable performance in the Super Bowl.  Get rid of him.

• Like 1

With two 1st round picks I think we draft his replacement. Sanders will be too expensive and isn't so durable. And we rarely pay RBs, in fact we don't even draft them in the 1st, but I wouldn't mind Bijan Robinson 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I want Sanders gone for various reason but fumbling isn't one of them because he didn't do a lot of fumbling, Philadelphia fans have some serious issues, that's why nobody likes the Eagles because of their crazy-arse fans..

He had fumbling issues earlier in his career and at PSU. He fumbled the first time he touched the ball in the SB and then was a split second away from having a second fumble which would have resulted in a scoop and score for the Chiefs. The frick are you talking about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:59 PM, brkmsn said:

You can say the same thing about Emmitt Smith's numbers. 

As for Sanders, he has been pretty consistent in averages each season (including the 2020 season where we had 16 different O-line combinations).

He's a good RB. The question is, what is a good RB worth and is it easy to find other good RBs that are cheaper. 

I have said this EXACT same thing about Emmitt Smith...those 300+ O-Line opened up tremendous holes for him his entire career and that is why he got the yardage he did, not the fact that he was this amazing RB....the O-Line absolutely makes a difference in what the RB will get....

• Like 1

He was a disaster in the SB, see ya later kid. I know pick 10 is ridiculously high for a RB but if we get Bijan with it I wouldn't be too upset, maybe trade back a few picks.

• Like 1

I think I’m lowering what I previously posted as an acceptable offer for Sanders. Mostly because of our cap situation, but also because of how Gainwell played later in the year and because there are a few RBs I like in the draft.

I’d offer Sanders a 3-4 year deal around 15-20 million total, he’ll probably get a better offer somewhere else.

Would like to see if Trey Sermon has anything to offer and also draft a guy.

Bijan Robinson at 30 or early 2nd in a trade back (he probably won’t be there though). Same with Jamyr Gibbs (more likely to be available)

Or a 3rd or 4th round pick on Israel Abanikanda or Sean Tucker.

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it's safe to say his time as an Eagle is over. I don't think he's coming back. 

I don’t think it’s an absolute lock he’s gone. He could go out there and look for a better deal and frankly not get it. I don’t see anyone giving him big money. I could be wrong, but if someone wants to waste money giving Miles a big contract good riddance, but if he’s willing to take significantly less (because the big contract isn’t there) I could see him back even on a one year deal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t think it’s an absolute lock he’s gone. He could go out there and look for a better deal and frankly not get it. I don’t see anyone giving him big money. I could be wrong, but if someone wants to waste money giving Miles a big contract good riddance, but if he’s willing to take significantly less (because the big contract isn’t there) I could see him back even on a one year deal.

Hmm I'm not sure because I'm not sure the team want him back. I could very well be misremembering but it felt like in the biggest game of the year they went away from Sanders. They went a lot more with Scott and Gainwell than in previous games. 

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm I'm not sure because I'm not sure the team want him back. I could very well be misremembering but it felt like in the biggest game of the year they went away from Sanders. They went a lot more with Scott and Gainwell than in previous games. 

I’ve seen a few people say that he got hurt. To me that makes me think there’s an outside chance. Heck they brought back Barnett for doing much less in a season. 

• Like 1

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I’ve seen a few people say that he got hurt. To me that makes me think there’s an outside chance. Heck they brought back Barnett for doing much less in a season. 

Well that's very true. If they can bring back Barnett (after Sirianni said "it's always him) then yeah that's a great point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well that's very true. If they can bring back Barnett (after Sirianni said "it's always him) then yeah that's a great point. 

If he is willing to take less then I think there’s a chance. This doesn’t mean I want this to happen. Heck I didn’t want them to bring back Barnett either. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

As we know, Howie is the captain of this ship, he builds the roster. He may let Sirianni voice his opinion but i do believe Howie and Jeffrey build the roster.

• Like 3