Miles Sanders contract year

MidMoFo

36 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

I haven’t seen much in gainwell to say he’s the to guy to replace sanders so if he did go we’d probably have to draught someone. 

Absolutely.

A few things on Sanders:

1. He has been really good this year

however

2. This is the first time in a four year career that he has been healthy and consistently good, and it just happens to be a contract year

3. The RPO game and the threat of Hurts running is going to open up big holes for anyone and make life easier on a RB in this offense

4. Paying a RB big money is stupid

I wouldn't sign Sanders for 5 million a year, let alone in the 7-10 range which he is likely to get. I'm not sure why anyone would be in favor of that, especially when they have CJGJ, Bradberry, Hargrave, BG, Edwards, and White all about to hit free agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image.thumb.png.a2ffebed60e514fca30ec3f15722bbe5.png

Eagles should run more against the NY Giants and Miles Sanders could finish 2nd for the season. 
Either way his yards per carry is incredibly impressive considering his attempt count.

• Like 1

They moved LT Jordan Mailata to RT due to Lane Johnson's injury and Driscoll's inability to play RT I guess.
Issac Seumalo stays at RG and the Pro Bowl OL Dickerson stays at LG,  and Kelce stays at C 

How will this effect the run game? Lane Johnson and Issac with Dallas destroyed the right side in run blocking but I don't think it'll hurt Miles to any significant amount as Jordan is strong as hell.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't like the idea of giving him 10 million on the tag either. Then howie is going to have to find another 10 million for the other players that are much more important then a running back. 

Sanders isn’t worth tag money even if it’s just for a season. Like you guys I’d rather let him test the market and see what he can get. I’m not all that convinced there’s big money out there for him, but if some team wants to throw it at him then nice knowing you. Look to the draft lie we drafted him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sanders isn’t worth tag money even if it’s just for a season. Like you guys I’d rather let him test the market and see what he can get. I’m not all that convinced there’s big money out there for him, but if some team wants to throw it at him then nice knowing you. Look to the draft lie we drafted him.

Agreed.  Let him test the market.  If he finds a less then lukewarm market then we likely are able to sign him to a team friendly deal … win.  If some team decides to throw him a boatload of $ then we likely get a decent comp pick … win.  

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Agreed.  Let him test the market.  If he finds a less then lukewarm market then we likely are able to sign him to a team friendly deal … win.  If some team decides to throw him a boatload of $ then we likely get a decent comp pick … win.  

It’s a possibility they could get him on a one year deal for far less money than a tag just like they signed Bradbury. Let the FA market dictate what he gets and at worse he’s a comp pick. 

RBs are more valuable to teams that don't pass 70% of the time. A strong running game is always beneficial to a defense as well. So in Sanders' case, I would argue he is more valuable to us than to a team that loves to throw. As far as his effectiveness as a runner, it's been pretty consistent each season. His average didn't shoot up just because of Hurts and read options. It's strange that people don't appreciate him as he's been almost as efficient as Nick Chubb (YPC) since he's been in the NFL.

When Chip Kelly traded away McCoy and replaced him with Murray and Mathews, we lost games because of our RBs. So if we go into next season with a lesser group of RBs, are you guys prepared for Hurts to account for the difference on the ground?

The only guys we have under contract after this season are Gainwell and Sermon. We don't have all that many picks currently in the 2023 draft (1,1,2,3,7,7). If we don't keep our own FAs we may have to overpay for someone else's or scour the garbage heaps for projects/bodies (since people think RBs have no value).

31 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

RBs are more valuable to teams that don't pass 70% of the time. A strong running game is always beneficial to a defense as well. So in Sanders' case, I would argue he is more valuable to us than to a team that loves to throw. As far as his effectiveness as a runner, it's been pretty consistent each season. His average didn't shoot up just because of Hurts and read options. It's strange that people don't appreciate him as he's been almost as efficient as Nick Chubb (YPC) since he's been in the NFL.

When Chip Kelly traded away McCoy and replaced him with Murray and Mathews, we lost games because of our RBs. So if we go into next season with a lesser group of RBs, are you guys prepared for Hurts to account for the difference on the ground?

The only guys we have under contract after this season are Gainwell and Sermon. We don't have all that many picks currently in the 2023 draft (1,1,2,3,7,7). If we don't keep our own FAs we may have to overpay for someone else's or scour the garbage heaps for projects/bodies (since people think RBs have no value).

Sanders is no Shady bud. Also I think this run game is more effective thanks to Hurts than anything else. Sanders is a very good back, but he’s not an irreplaceable back. The biggest issue with Chip dumping Shady was that he did it for a broken down linebacker then replaced him with a guy who was injury prone and another he was clueless on how to use. Running Murray on sweeps was just ridiculous. If they can get Sanders back on a team friendly deal great, but they shouldn’t overpay for him and they absolutely shouldn’t tag him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only if he comes cheap.  Otherwise let him walk, take the comp picks, draft a guy and sign a cheap vet.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:31 AM, Damanick10 said:

images.jpg.da7c565c5ace22b556ebc198d27bd318.jpg

Probably going to cost way more than what the Eagles will want to pay. Hopefully he slips. 

• 4 weeks later...

These are Free Agents for the Eagles in 2023, Miles Sanders will want how much to stay an Eagles player?

image.thumb.png.ff9cab19a2477680706cd5e82be6f6b8.png

1 hour ago, JournalistMic said:

These are Free Agents for the Eagles in 2023, Miles Sanders will want how much to stay an Eagles player?

image.thumb.png.ff9cab19a2477680706cd5e82be6f6b8.png

Unless Cox plays lights out during the Super Bowl, he’s not worth $14M. I love the dude, but I think we can get the same production for less $.

I know this is a Miles Sanders thread, but wanted to add my two cents after seeing your comment. 

• Like 1

Dang, that’s a lot of age on that list.
Cox BG Kelce. I can’t believe Kelce is only a year younger than Suh

What are they gonna do with Hargrave?

• Like 1

It's good to see Gainwell coming on strong the last couple weeks. He's beginning to look like he can step into the role if need be. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It's good to see Gainwell coming on strong the last couple weeks. He's beginning to look like he can step into the role if need be. 

6.2 yards per carry, 160 rushing yards in two Post Season games 1 TD, he's been playing his best so far in the post season.

15 minutes ago, MrFadedGlory said:

Dang, that’s a lot of age on that list.
Cox BG Kelce. I can’t believe Kelce is only a year younger than Suh

What are they gonna do with Hargrave?

The UFA list does have a few thirty something players but on average the Eagles have one of the youngest NFL teams.

-------------

According to Spotrac, the Browns have the NFL's youngest roster at 25.30, followed by the Lions (25.42), Jaguars (25.57), Cowboys and Giants (25.58) and Eagles.

--------------------------------

In regards to DT Javon Hargrave signing a contract extension, fanduel listed Javon as one of the 10 best NFL Free Agent DL for 2023, so did Heavy Sports, CBS Sports has him listed as the 5th top 50th Free Agents available (Jan 12, 2023) their rankings shown below for top 5...

1. Lamar Jackson (QB) · 2. Saquon Barkley (RB) · 3. Roquan Smith (ILB) · 4. James Bradberry (CB) · 5. Javon Hargrave (DT) ·

--------------------------

Demand seems to be higher for Javon than Fletcher Cox which many Eagles fans might be surprised to find out.

GM Howie will certainty find a fair offer (he is probably the best at knowing the exact market value) and (depending on how he plays in the Super Bowl).. Javon will most likely test the FA market.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

He is having a Clement like effect this post season so here's to hoping we finish the job and he doesn't have a similar drop off after the fact

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

He is having a Clement like effect this post season so here's to hoping we finish the job and he doesn't have a similar drop off after the fact

Clement was great that season no doubts but, there was a reason he went undrafted. Gainwell on the other hand was drafted in the 5th round and was projected to go much higher ( I think I read 2-3rd round) before he opted out of his last season because of COVID. So I think Gainwell has the talent to keep it going. 

On 9/5/2022 at 10:18 PM, judunno said:

Best case scenario: Sanders miraculously stays healthy having a career year leading us to a Super Bowl victory while becoming too expensive for us to keep and we part ways :)

:smoke:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Unless Cox plays lights out during the Super Bowl, he’s not worth $14M. I love the dude, but I think we can get the same production for less $.

I know this is a Miles Sanders thread, but wanted to add my two cents after seeing your comment. 

As good as Sanders has been this year, I just don’t see how he comes back unless he is willing to take a major hometown discount.

Howie has been superb, but really has his work cut out in the off-season. A lot of aging free agents who have had career years. 

Hopefully we have a Super Bowl championship to make it less stressful!

• Like 1