Miles Sanders contract year

MidMoFo

On 1/6/2023 at 1:45 AM, brkmsn said:

RBs are more valuable to teams that don't pass 70% of the time. A strong running game is always beneficial to a defense as well. So in Sanders' case, I would argue he is more valuable to us than to a team that loves to throw. As far as his effectiveness as a runner, it's been pretty consistent each season. His average didn't shoot up just because of Hurts and read options. It's strange that people don't appreciate him as he's been almost as efficient as Nick Chubb (YPC) since he's been in the NFL.

When Chip Kelly traded away McCoy and replaced him with Murray and Mathews, we lost games because of our RBs. So if we go into next season with a lesser group of RBs, are you guys prepared for Hurts to account for the difference on the ground?

The only guys we have under contract after this season are Gainwell and Sermon. We don't have all that many picks currently in the 2023 draft (1,1,2,3,7,7). If we don't keep our own FAs we may have to overpay for someone else's or scour the garbage heaps for projects/bodies (since people think RBs have no value).

You can point out the YPC stuff all you like but the absolute key difference between Sanders and Chubb is that Chubb turns out 1000 yards and averages 10 TD's every year, even the year he only played 12 games he broke a 1000 yards and had 12 TD's, Sanders has one season that would scrape Chubb's top 3 and it's a 17 game season this year where he made 10 yards more than Chubb did in 14 games last year.

If he produced consistently like Chubb, then this would be a longer conversation and maybe we do miss him when he's gone, but for me, if you put Chubb, Cook, Barkley or Henry behind our line they'd set records. Sanders is a good runner behind an elite line, I think they can draft someone to do a similar job if he wants Chubb money.

I also think the bottom is falling out of the RB market and letting him test the water would make more sense than offering a market deal in any event.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Clement was great that season no doubts but, there was a reason he went undrafted. Gainwell on the other hand was drafted in the 5th round and was projected to go much higher ( I think I read 2-3rd round) before he opted out of his last season because of COVID. So I think Gainwell has the talent to keep it going. 

The actual performance on the field determines everything. The round drafted is a measuring stick for rookies.

Clement in 2017 had 4.3 yards per attempt, while  Gainwell ....at least in the Cowboys game had 4.2 yards per attempt. Very similar.The rest of the games Gainwell did not do so well. Still these are very respectable numbers for both of them.

While Josh Jacobs on more consistent basis delivered 4.9 yards per attempt, and McCaffrey did 4.7 yards.  Anytime you can get a late round RB to demonstrate over 4 yards per attempt..you have a home run hitter, who justifies not drafting a RB high in the draft. My one and only concern with Gainwell was always his health. Oh well. I am sure that Eagles will pick up at least one more RB in the draft  for competition reasons.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Very solid prediction, but he’s not finished the job yet! 😂

Fine... I'll do it again Superbowl Sunday after the Dubb. :)

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 6:10 PM, JournalistMic said:

These are Free Agents for the Eagles in 2023, Miles Sanders will want how much to stay an Eagles player?

image.thumb.png.ff9cab19a2477680706cd5e82be6f6b8.png

At least we don’t have to worry about paying Quinn….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eggs said:

At least we don’t have to worry about paying Quinn….

Also on the positive side, if someone outbids us for Bradberry, Hargraves or Sanders, we’ll probably use one of our four picks in the top three rounds to replace them with a younger, much cheaper player and we’ll likely get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick back in 2024. 

25 minutes ago, eggs said:

Also on the positive side, if someone outbids us for Bradberry, Hargraves or Sanders, we’ll probably use one of our four picks in the top three rounds to replace them with a younger, much cheaper player and we’ll likely get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick back in 2024. 

The NFL executive of the year, Howie Roseman, will take care of it. Total faith in him after this season.

• Like 1

Its crazy how two good games from Gainwell change the perspective on Sanders getting paid somewhere else next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Its crazy how to good games from Gainwell change the perspective on Sanders getting paid somewhere else next year.

I agree to a large extent. I've said before i wouldn't give Sanders a big contract. But i would be good with him coming back on the right deal. But i don't think Gainwell is now the lead back going in to next year. 

• Like 1

Sanders is going to have to decide his value... if he gets greedy, he's gone... we are not a one back team..we are committee and Miles did always get most 

of the carries but Howie has a value for that position and the draft is here so a lot for Miles to think about.

We have way too many free agents and too little cap to bring back Sanders.  Great year for him, and I hope he kills it in the Super Bowl for us.  But the two I bring back out of all are Hargrave and Gardner Johnson.  No way we can bring back Bradberry (he is going to get PAID) otherwise I'd add him.  Also, for the Vet Vet's, if there was a way to keep Graham and Kelce, that goes without saying.  I'd like to also keep one of either Edwards or White at the LB position and replace other with Dean.  

I'm not sure how Howie is going to pull this off, but then again, I didn't think he had a chance in hell of doing what he did last offseason so..........

• Like 1

Send him off to the world of UFA with a SB ring, good health, and a statistically very good year on his resume.

#CompPikzzzzz

:P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree to a large extent. I've said before i wouldn't give Sanders a big contract. But i would be good with him coming back on the right deal. But i don't think Gainwell is now the lead back going in to next year. 

They will probably draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th to compete unless Bijan Robinson falls to 31st.

I'm not saying they would take him there but they would think hard about it.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

They will probably draft a guy in the 3rd or 4th to compete unless Bijan Robinson falls to 31st.

I'm not sure they would to be honest. 

My own feeling is as long as we have Reddick and a pretty good D line it wont matter much who we have in the secondary.

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

My own feeling is as long as we have Reddick and a pretty good D line it wont matter much who we have in the secondary.

Incorrect, what you will have is 2021, not 2022.  The fact is that the two actually are tied together, by having such a strong secondary, it takes the receivers longer to uncover.  By taking the WR's longer, gives the DL more time to get to the QB.  That is why Purdy was knocked out of the game.  Yes he held the ball too long allowing Reddick to rip off his arm, but he kept waiting for someone to get free'd up in the secondary.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2023 at 9:30 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

18 hours ago, SkippyX said:

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure they would to be honest. 

This is a big free agent Running Back market. With our O-Line, I’m sure some backs would be willing to take less money for a 1 year prove it deal. Someone like Jeff Wilson perhaps. Then keep Gainwell and add a guy somewhere in the draft. 

I’d love to keep Sanders, but just don’t see how it will work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the biggest game of his career he basically fumbled twice and didn’t get positive yards. I see no way the Eagles bring him back unless he takes much less money and considering how crappy he looked on the biggest stage who is dumb enough to pay him big money after that? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

He won’t be back after last night’s performance. 

Someone said he got hurt and that's why he went MIA

He is gone. Through November into the playoffs, his usage has been less and less. Last night he went back to dancing and trying to bounce runs.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Someone said he got hurt and that's why he went MIA

I was referring to his 2 fumbles, and him reverting back to his happy feet, and dancing around a bit and bouncing runs outside.

But yeah, he did get medical attention after his first fumble.

Boston Scott and Gainwell run like they are shot out of a cannon. I don’t think the Coaching staff trusted Miles most of the game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I was referring to his 2 fumbles, and him reverting back to his happy feet, and dancing around a bit and bouncing runs outside.

Boston Scott and Gainwell run like they are shot out of a cannon. I don’t think the Coaching staff trusted Miles most of the game. 

In one game Sanders showed all of the problems we thought were behind him. Fumbling, dancing, trying to bounce everything outside, dropping passes, and injuries. On top of that he did it all in the biggest game of the season. Very disappointing outing by him. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Looks like he hurt his right hand. He was grabbing it when he went back to the huddle after the hit. Either way, Miles is probably gone unless he agrees to a "cheap" contract. I'd love to see him return but I don't expect him back.

• Like 1

I really didn’t expect our run game to be so bad last night. Kudos to the Chiefs, their players were physical and their Coaches - IMO - were way better than ours. UGHHH 

• Like 1