OFFICIAL 2023 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

7 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i want the saints to lose but i do despise brady!!! saints up at halftime 

My love for a top 5 pick far outweighs my hatred toward Brady in a single game.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Narrator: they did not get their groove back…

Got it back just enough to sneak out a W in the end.  Good enough for me.  :whew:

• Like 2

No help from the Broncos, Rams, or Bears this week.  However, the Bucs coming back and winning last night bumped that pick from NO back up to 5.  Post #1 updated.  

image.png.ffd3286083e169c5c1c1a485dc63c771.png

The Saints have their bye next week so that pick won't improve even if the Rams (host Raiders on TNF) and Broncos (host Chiefs) win (doubtful).  However, root for them to gain unlikely wins anyway (would set up a potential scenario for them to jump past NO with wins the following week and a NO loss to Atlanta) - Broncos host the Cardinals and Rams travel to GB.  

Meanwhile, root this upcoming weekend for:

• The Panthers to beat the Seahawks
  • The Jaguars to beat the Titans

Losses by either club would push their pick up ahead of NO based on SOS.  

Would also be helpful if the Cardinals were to beat the Patriots (a win would create a bit of separation from NO record-wise since they are currently only 1/2 game behind in the overall standings).  I would include the Colts too but they are also on their bye week.  

• Like 2

F'ing Atlanta!  Can't believe that 1st game otherwise we'd be sitting pretty at #3 lol.....although I guess last night makes up for the Atlanta game.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Got it back just enough to sneak out a W in the end.  Good enough for me.  :whew:

I see four elite defenders in carter, anderson, murphy and ringo

get me one of them…

or a real qb 👀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

F'ing Atlanta!  Can't believe that 1st game otherwise we'd be sitting pretty at #3 lol.....although I guess last night makes up for the Atlanta game.

That game still haunts me. 

The Saints haven't had their bye yet. That's why they are the worst of the 4 win teams by winning percentage. Curious where they fall in the heap of slop once all the other 4 win teams catch up in games played after next week. 

• Like 1

Gotta love the Saints horrible coaching.  They are dominating the game. Up 16-3 with 6 minutes left and have 3rd and 1 around midfield and don't put Hill at QB and run the ball.  They throw and incomplete pass when they could have run and then run a sneak with Hill on 4th down.  Get the 1st and run 3-4 more times and games over.  They punt and the DC goes into a soft I'm afraid to win zone letting them go down the field not once but twice in the last 5 minutes.  If the Saints end up with a top 5 pick in QB trade down territory for us, we can look back to this stunningly incompatent performance by the DC.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shlo said:

That game still haunts me. 

The Saints haven't had their bye yet. That's why they are the worst of the 4 win teams by winning percentage. Curious where they fall in the heap of slop once all the other 4 win teams catch up in games played after next week. 

As it stands now, the Saints strength of schedule puts them in front of Arizona and behind Jacksonville and Carolina in the order among the 4-8 teams (The Colts are 4-8-1 and also on Bye. So the Saints pick will stay ahead of them no matter what.).... If all 3 teams lose next week it would theoretically put Carolina #5, Jacksonville #6, Saints #7, Arizona #8 (Colts #9); before you factor in other game results, changes to Strength of Schedule/tiebreakers. But it's really close. Arizona, Jacksonville, and Carolina play teams that are currently .500 or above next week, so that could help... It's looking really good that Saints pick will fall between #5-#10 in the draft. 

On 12/6/2022 at 2:07 AM, BayAreaLennie said:

I would love to stay in the top 5.  There appear to be 5 marquee talents (Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, Will Levis, Will Anderson, and Jalen Carter) - if you want to be sure to land one of those guys, you are going to have to get into the top 5, and to do that you are going to have to pony up a lot of value.

If there are a lot of QB thirsty teams at the top it could be a good thing if the Eagles trade down and acquire more future first round picks. It’s a difficult choice to make staying out or trading down. I do think that they’re probably going to need to get as many quality level players in here as possible with Jalen’s contract looming. They aren’t going to be able to sign everyone so they are going to need to do a great job at drafting players. 

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If there are a lot of QB thirsty teams at the top it could be a good thing if the Eagles trade down and acquire more future first round picks. It’s a difficult choice to make staying out or trading down. I do think that they’re probably going to need to get as many quality level players in here as possible with Jalen’s contract looming. They aren’t going to be able to sign everyone so they are going to need to do a great job at drafting players. 

Yep.  If the pick ends up top 5, they will either land a mega-talented defensive lineman or trade down for a king’s ransom — both are fantastic outcomes.

• Like 3

OK let's go Rams tonight!!  Not that a W would impact order this week but it could put them in position to potentially do so the following week.

Remaining rooting guide for this weekend:

• The Broncos to beat the Chiefs
  • The Texans to beat the Cowboys
  • The Lions to beat the Vikings
  • The Cardinals to beat the Patriots
  • The Steelers to beat the Ravens
  • The Browns to beat the Bengals
  • The Buccaneers to beat the 49ers
  • The Chargers to beat the Dolphins

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

OK let's go Rams tonight!!  Not that a W would impact order this week but it could put them in position to potentially do so the following week.

Remaining rooting guide for this weekend:

• The Broncos to beat the Chiefs
  • The Texans to beat the Cowboys
  • The Lions to beat the Vikings
  • The Cardinals to beat the Patriots
  • The Steelers to beat the Ravens
  • The Browns to beat the Bengals
  • The Buccaneers to beat the 49ers
  • The Chargers to beat the Dolphins

The first crazy good of the week

After the Rams game.  Need to be careful of Carolina, Vegas, and Atlanta.  Their SOS are really weak.  Not like to change much this late in the season.  Although they are all a loss ahead, a tie with NO would be bad.  Really need for Atlanta and Ridder to beat the Saints next week.

image.png.c0fcd7d369d4ff2d53a83e808a99e29a.png

1 minute ago, eggs said:

Rams win is good, right?

Presumably.  It certainly gives them a better chance to finish ahead of the Saints.  It also gives the Saints a better chance to finish ahead of the Raiders.  All in all, we want a home run with this pick so it is a good thing.  The biggest thing is the Saints keeping on losing -- if they handle that, everything else will take care of itself.

6 hours ago, eggs said:

Rams win is good, right?

It doesn't immediately impact the order - they now share same record with NO entering week 15 but are only ahead of NO in the draft order based on SOS (Rams: 0.495, NO: 0.505).  However, it positions them to potentially have NO jump ahead next week with an Atlanta win over NO and a Rams win over Green Bay.  Atlanta announced they will be starting Ridder - hopefully that plays in their favor.  

Getting top 3 would be huge. Auction it off to one of those QB hungry teams and walk away with a armful of picks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shlo said:

Getting top 3 would be huge. Auction it off to one of those QB hungry teams and walk away with a armful of picks.

Indeed.  However, while it certainly is possible, realistically I don't think it is likely we end up there.  They have their bye this week then return to play Atlanta at home ... the Falcons have announced they'll be starting Ridder in place of Mariota for the remainder of the season (starting with that game in NO).  Fortunately, they are also on their bye this week, so perhaps having 2 weeks to get Ridder ready and not much film on him will give them an advantage.  The Saints then travel to Cleveland and Philly before ending the season at home against Carolina.  The only way they realistically get into top 3 is if they lose out and Denver or Chicago win a couple to close out the season (ditto Carolina, Indy, and Arizona).  **fingers crossed**

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Indeed.  However, while it certainly is possible, realistically I don't think it is likely we end up there.  They have their bye this week then return to play Atlanta at home ... the Falcons have announced they'll be starting Ridder in place of Mariota for the remainder of the season (starting with that game in NO).  Fortunately, they are also on their bye this week, so perhaps having 2 weeks to get Ridder ready and not much film on him will give them an advantage.  The Saints then travel to Cleveland and Philly before ending the season at home against Carolina.  The only way they realistically get into top 3 is if they lose out and Denver or Chicago win a couple to close out the season (ditto Carolina, Indy, and Arizona).  **fingers crossed**

If only the  Rams had won that Saints game!

I agree. Unlikely. Just pointing out there's a HUGE difference in the haul the Eagles could get with the 3rd pick vs. what they'd get at 5 or 6 in which case they probably stay put.

• Like 1

Hoping that the Browns defense holds up because Watson looked awful.

15 minutes ago, bitbased said:

Hoping that the Browns defense holds up because Watson looked awful.

First game back.  Probably still getting his NFL legs back.  He’ll have a full month under his belt by then so **fingers crossed**.

First game back.  Probably still getting his NFL legs back.  He’ll have a full month under his belt by then so **fingers crossed**.

Most of Watson's legal problems have been under his belt.

• Haha 7

Remember, it’s perfectly fine if a team is drafting ahead of us who’s most certainly taking a QB. Houston, Carolina, Indy…

Chicago is the scary one. They’re currently sitting at 2 and the 2 dlineman seem like ideal Bears. I’m rooting for them to win just as much as NO to lose

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shlo said:

If only the  Rams had won that Saints game!

I agree. Unlikely. Just pointing out there's a HUGE difference in the haul the Eagles could get with the 3rd pick vs. what they'd get at 5 or 6 in which case they probably stay put.

It’s interesting though. It seems to me there are two dominant non QBs, Anderson and Carter. If Eagles have a top 4 pick, they should get one of them, so interesting decision as whether to stay put or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It’s interesting though. It seems to me there are two dominant non QBs, Anderson and Carter. If Eagles have a top 4 pick, they should get one of them, so interesting decision as whether to stay put or not.

If you can get the kind of haul the 49ers gave up to get Trey Lance, you do it. 

• Like 1