Quez Watkins

bigdog54

While I question why Minshew threw either of those passes to Quez, there’s no doubt that Watkins pretty much lifted up his skirt and let the defender have his way with him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its a really good point. On those 2 INTs if Smith or Brown are targeted I'm not sure both are INTs.

Pretty sure neither are INTs. Brown could certainly wrestle it away and even Smitty can make contested catches.

Time for Quez to ride the bench, start Pascal in his place for the next 2 games and lets see where it goes from there 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Man maybe a playoff call to ODB might not be so bad.

If he agrees to just a deal for the rest of this year/postseason, yeah.  Quez has become a liability.  Both losses this year were due to large negative Quez impacts.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If he agrees to just a deal for the rest of this year/postseason, yeah.  Quez has become a liability.  Both losses this year were due to large negative Quez impacts.  

I think he only wants to play in the postseason so why not. Kind of done with Quez at this point.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

This dude is making me miss Greg F'in Ward...

Ward is on the PS.  I wouldn't be upset if they brought him back and cut Watkins

2 minutes ago, weko said:

Ward is on the PS.  I wouldn't be upset if they brought him back and cut Watkins

Cutting Watkins is going too far.  He just needs his role severely cutback with Goedert now back.  If anything just give Pascal more offensive snaps in his place.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Cutting Watkins is going too far.  He just needs his role severely cutback with Goedert now back.  If anything just give Pascal more offensive snaps in his place.  

no, just tell the qb to not throw the ball in his direction at all, no matter if he's 20yds past ereybody, he is a  liability

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No he needs cut. I posted this when it was very unpopular and everyone was riding his D but he’s the worse kind of player. Tons of raw talent, tall and speed but he has no work ethic and his body language says lazy. He needs to go. 

2 minutes ago, bigdog54 said:

No he needs cut. I posted this when it was very unpopular and everyone was riding his D but he’s the worse kind of player. Tons of raw talent, tall and speed but he has no work ethic and his body language says lazy. He needs to go. 

He has made important plays this season.  His role and potential impact should be cut back with Goedert back but he should not be cut.  

I wanted to like Quez but he's played a pivotal role in both our losses. It’s a no for me dawg. He be on the sidelines BSing with AJ and Smitty but when crap hit the fan and time to ball he wearing pink pannies. AJ and Smitty got that mentality it’s their ball or nobody's ball. 

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

no, just tell the qb to not throw the ball in his direction at all, no matter if he's 20yds past ereybody, he is a  liability

They’re trying everything they can to get Watkins the ball. They’re basically giving him handoffs, and he can’t make anyone miss. As soon as the defense gets close he’s running out of bounds. I had so much hope for that kid, but he just doesn’t have it. 

13 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

I wanted to like Quez but he's played a pivotal role in both our losses. It’s a no for me dawg. He be on the sidelines BSing with AJ and Smitty but when crap hit the fan and time to ball he wearing pink pannies. AJ and Smitty got that mentality it’s their ball or nobody's ball. 

He loses his Batman title until he mans up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

I hated him since Washington game. He was on my naughty list then. Now, he's on my unforgiven list.

Watkins absolutely deserves some criticism. I do think people might be overreacting a bit to a few plays, though. He made big strides as a WR between year 1 and year 2, but seems to have taken a step back this year. It comes down to the little things. All of them are coachable. I didn't really hear any reports about him working out this offseason like he did the previous one, but he needs a wakeup call and needs to work twice as hard in this next offseason. He has all the tools to succeed. I'm disappointed in some of the things I've seen from him this year, but I'm not giving up on him just yet. 

What's weird to me is that it's almost like they're turning him into Jalen Reagor.

46 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They’re trying everything they can to get Watkins the ball. They’re basically giving him handoffs, and he can’t make anyone miss. As soon as the defense gets close he’s running out of bounds. I had so much hope for that kid, but he just doesn’t have it. 

He loses his Batman title until he mans up. 

AJ and Smitty might not talk to him in practice until he mans up out there. All joking aside, You'd think some of their toughness would rub off on him. He missed a number of opportunities all year  

If by some miracle Addison or Njigba make it to #31, they'd be the perfect fit in the slot and would give us the best pass catching core in the NFL bar none.

Regardless, Quez cannot be our #3 next season.

Yeah I think it's time that Quez sits out a few games. He's become a liability and he doesn't really produce a whole lot. He had a nice little spell for a bit but I'm just not sure what he adds. He doesn't even make many big deep plays. 

12 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

?
He's close to 1000 yards receiving in just his second season.  He's already become one of the best route runners in the league and proven most of his naysayers wrong (the ones who said he couldn't succeed at his size in the NFL). 

The only reason he's not our #1 is because we acquired a generational type of WR in AJ Brown.

In Philadelphia being great at #2 is interpreted as "You Suck". Smith is great, but his frame is small, and I don't know how long he will last. Some of the high balls Minshew threw in the Cowboys game, Smith jumped up and was bounced around by defenders like a tennis ball. I am worried not about his performance but his longevity.  Which is why I am perfectly happy with our WRs, and Brown being #1.Hopefully this way Smith lasts longer.

8 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He has made important plays this season.  His role and potential impact should be cut back with Goedert back but he should not be cut.  

The Watkins hate is way over the top.

I think he is one of the best #4, Pascal is a top notch #5.

All we need now is a #3 and our receiver room is pure excellence. But there is room for one more starter right now.