Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude is so bent, he actually googled that.  🤑

Only to prove how stupid your comment was.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I love you.  

Marry.gif.b2b20c8a66cde3b251ce361c09b4c9dd.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You should have been in the blog yesterday.  There was talk about A Rod, his exes and bleached buttholes.  

Tanning your butthole is also a way to prevent swamp ass

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, vsptroops said:

No state income tax, cheaper living, no snow, love the beach/ ocean, fishing anytime, and personal freedom. Oh, since I'm not a day laborer or roofer, I don't care how hot it gets. I can either stay inside in the a/c or jump in  the pool if it gets too hot. B-)

It gets hotter in NJ than it does in FL. But it's like 8 months of straight 85 - 90. You'll get used to it and it's not bad, plus theirs water and AC everywhere like you said. And then it dips below 60 and everyone breaks out the winter gear. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It gets hotter in NJ than it does in FL. But it's like 8 months of straight 85 - 90. You'll get used to it and it's not bad, plus theirs water and AC everywhere like you said. And then it dips below 60 and everyone breaks out the winter gear. 

I'll take that over snow/ice anytime.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It gets hotter in NJ than it does in FL. But it's like 8 months of straight 85 - 90.

That's just too much. I'm generally a warm-weather guy, but once it gets much past 80, it's really not comfortable with the high humidity. I can tolerate it for a few months up here, but 8 months of that sounds like hell. I'd rather it be cold and layer up. Yes, NE summers are humid, but the humidity is just unrelenting down South. In fact, the older I get, the more I like the cold.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I’ll take arizona for 9 months of the year in the 65-80s and 3 months of 95-110 lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  When you hear someone arguing that their situation is better, when that situation is central PA, then you know that they are stuck in a harsh reality of a crappy life.  

Bro, I never argued anything. I simply commented to another poster who also makes known his disdain for Florida that I think Florida sucks, and you got your panties all knotted up over it.. That's clearly a subjective take, but my opinion is that Florida is a $hithole that I have no interest in ever visiting again. Florida is well-known as one of those states that you either love or hate. I'm definitely the latter, and there are many of us. Sorry if that offended you, but you do you, nancy!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So easy...…..🤣

You honestly fell right into my trap. What I find funny is when people go around talking about Florida like it is unquestionably the greatest state in the union, like you can always one-up someone saying "I live in Florida! My life is automatically better!" So, it's funny to see their world come crashing down when you tell them that Florida is actually a garbage state. If people weren't so emotionally attached to Florida, there wouldn't be any fun attached to criticizing it. It's silly, "Well, I don't have that problem, becuase it's 88 degrees with 99% humidity here in Florida right now!" Like, uh, ok...that sounds unpleaseant.

• Haha 1

I'm willing to offer a truce: Florida is the most tolerable state in the Deep South.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

The only one emotional in here is you.  But go on.....this is fun. 

Nah, I'm bored now. 

So, 'bout them Phillies...:unsure:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Seems like you're just dumb, close-minded or ignorant.  Or all the above.   

http://www.usa.com/rank/us--population-growth-rate--state-rank.htm

Seems like you're still triggered.

Thanks for proving my point. The majority of the population is dumb, as evidenced by the fact that they're flocking to a state that's going to slowly sinking under water in the coming decades.

You are like the definition of tone-deaf. I mean, honestly, your level of delusion is fascinating.

I only have to go back to the first post to show how ridiculous you are. 

I commented to Vikas about Florida sucking, and here you go flying off the handle to desperately defend the state:

On 2/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

LOL  Close-minded much?  You live in central pa.  Plenty of necks to go around down there.  And wash your ass and lose weight if swampass is a problem for you.  

If you don't think your response was emotional, then you're delusional. This was like a little high-school punk lashing out.

You were the one who completely lost your cool over a couple of posters ragging on Florida. It's hilarious that you are literally everything you attack other people for, a master projector. You repeatedly demonstrate that you have zero composure, and your only recourse is to defensively fly off the handle and do your little pathetic "purse-swinging" routine to create a distraction when it is most definitely you who can't handle anyone being critical of something.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I don't even care about Florida.

Bruh....:roll:

• Haha 1

You are insinuating that I don't like Florida because of politics, but that really has nothing to do with it. I already mentioned why I don't like it. It mostly has to do with the weather. I guess the beach is nice, but I prefer West Coach beaches and weather in general. I would not consider Florida a great-weather state. I'm not big on the South in general, but that's much more cultural and environmental than political. Politically speaking, FL is about the same as PA. They're both complete swing states. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm willing to offer a truce: Florida is the most tolerable state in the Deep South.

Always reminds me of this 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

46 pages of whether or not Florida is a good state. Riveting. 

Is the Universal DH a definite now? What do the phillies do? Does Hoskins turn his glove in hopefully to never be used again?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think the DH deal means more for JT’s long term standing in Philly than Hoskins.  

Maybe, He's signed through age 35. Plenty of catchers play to that age effectively. Plus if we ever get someone half decent behind him then he wont have to be behind the plate every single day. Either way, definitely helps the Phils, gives some options. 

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I think the DH deal means more for JT’s long term standing in Philly than Hoskins.  

Frankly I’d love to get Kris Bryant and move him to first or keep him at 3rd and move bohm to first. Then use hoskins as a trade piece to get either a starter or starting everyday outfielder. Hope bohm somehow finds himself as a hitter. I really don’t wanna pay hoskins after arbitration runs out. 

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That’s my hope.  He’d be more effective at the plate, as he ages, at 1st. 

Meh. Bohm ehh

I just don’t really want to pay hoskins at 31 when he runs out of arbitration in 2024 offseason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Cue the....."beaches suck I don't like sand in my vag……." response.  

I love beaches, but I prefer the ones that do not involve being in Florida. Give me Hawaii or Cali beaches and the Pacific Ocean over Florida and the Gulf any day.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Bad....but there is now way they won't have a season.  After the covid season a few years ago and the loss of revenue, I doubt very seriously the owners will let that happen.  

True. I think baseball is slowly dying and a lockout will absolutely destroy them in my opinion