HBO Max - The Last of Us

Mike030270

8 hours ago, Gannan said:

Show writers are very good at developing the characters. It's the best thing on TV right now. 

Very good. They've killed off more interesting and flushed out characters in 3 episodes than House of Dragons developed in a full season. 

And they haven't even really begun to develop Ellie yet. Which I'm sure is purposeful. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Stellar acting by the two leads.  Ellie is a pain in the ass but likable at the same time.  Odd dynamic.  Pedro Pascal is great in everything he does.  you can see his face in

fyp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another great episode last night. I was on the edge of my seat the entire show. 

I don't care if it was at times icky and uncomfortable, episode 3 was beautifully done and had me trying to hold back the tears.

• Like 3

Episode 3 is going to win many awards, and well deserved at that. Episode 4 was great also. This show is top tier television!! We also get Episode 5 a bit early thanks to the Super Bowl, comes out this Friday. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2023 at 4:21 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

Episode 3 is going to win many awards, and well deserved at that. Episode 4 was great also. This show is top tier television!! We also get Episode 5 a bit early thanks to the Super Bowl, comes out this Friday. 

Nice! I was wondering about that. 

• Like 1

Didn't like it. The pacing is off. There's only 4 episodes left

Spoiler

They skipped majority of the tunnels. Also they just threw that group of infected at us because they haven't shown much and we're already halfway through. I was fine with the extra backstory of Henry and Sam although I thought it was a bad idea to make him deaf. I didn't like that change. There were good moments with Henry, Sam, Joel, and Ellie in the tunnels that made you actually care about them. Going through the tunnels and them getting separated. It was a good story going through and seeing what happened to those people in the tunnels. Plus there was a lot of infected in there

Not sure why they made that scene in the dark. Maybe to make it look more scary when the infected show

Still don't care about the resistance leaders backstory so I'm glad she's dead

The bloater didn't throw that stuff. It just beat on people. So people probably just thought it was some fat armored clicker if they hadn't played the game

Joel had unlimited ammo and easily got to the sniper. There were more people than just that one guy

it's just natural to not like every episode of a show
Previews of next episode will have changes too

Spoiler

That's the town from the 2nd game. Looks like they're skipping the plant and all too

53 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hide contents

They skipped majority of the tunnels. Also they just threw that group of infected at us because they haven't shown much and we're already halfway through. I was fine with the extra backstory of Henry and Sam although I thought it was a bad idea to make him deaf. I didn't like that change. There were good moments with Henry, Sam, Joel, and Ellie in the tunnels that made you actually care about them. Going through the tunnels and them getting separated. It was a good story going through and seeing what happened to those people in the tunnels. Plus there was a lot of infected in there

Not sure why they made that scene in the dark. Maybe to make it look more scary when the infected show

The bloater didn't throw that stuff. It just beat on people. So people probably just thought it was some fat armored clicker if they hadn't played the game

Joel had unlimited ammo and easily got to the sniper. There were more people than just that one guy

Reveal hidden contents

That's the town from the 2nd game. Looks like they're skipping the plant and all too

I think your critiques are fair, some of things you didn’t like were things I actually liked, and I haven’t played the games so our perspectives are going to be different. I definitely agree with you on the last comment of your spoiler review, was one thing that didn’t make much sense to me/kinda bugged me.

I’ll probably go more in depth in a day or two after people are caught up. Go birds! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

The unlimited ammo thing is a tv trope. I think it made a little more sense here because Joel took out a guy who was a part of a militia so he probably had a ton of ammo in his snipers nest. The Walking Dead did the same thing with Herschel’s shotgun which made absolutely no sense. 

16 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

It’s the identical town. We only saw the hydro plant in game 1 and it makes sense this show would expand they given all the other expanded revisions they’ve introduced 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Agent23 said:

It’s the identical town. We only saw the hydro plant in game 1 and it makes sense this show would expand they given all the other expanded revisions they’ve introduced 

^ This

As for this episode, even though you know it's coming, it's still such a gut punch to watch it all unfold. I didn't mind the changes, and appreciate that the format is going to leave out some things while expanding on others. That being said, I really, really, really wish they did even just a little bit on Ishmael's story. Was super bummed when they blew right past that with only just a reference to the drawing on the wall.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 12:18 AM, DEagle7 said:

Can we appreciate how absolutely insane it is that they have introduced, made us care about, then killed off 4 characters in the first 3 Fing episodes? 

Holy crap that was good. I'm all in. 

Spoiler

Update: 6 characters in 5 Fing episodes 

Almost thought Joel was going to get the gun from Henry.  Watched this episode last night.  Enjoying the show like I did TWD in the beginning.  I am not familiar with the game.

Not understanding what a clicker is or the significance of the larger monster infected. 

The only part I didn't like is that they were in Kansas City!    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

On 2/12/2023 at 8:18 AM, we_gotta_believe said:

^ This

As for this episode, even though you know it's coming, it's still such a gut punch to watch it all unfold. I didn't mind the changes, and appreciate that the format is going to leave out some things while expanding on others. That being said, I really, really, really wish they did even just a little bit on Ishmael's story. Was super bummed when they blew right past that with only just a reference to the drawing on the wall.

There was a lot of infected in the tunnels. They didn't need to just throw it at us because Joel and Ellie hadn't encountered much for half of the season. Plus it helped build the chemistry when they split up

4 hours ago, DiPros said:

Almost thought Joel was going to get the gun from Henry.  Watched this episode last night.  Enjoying the show like I did TWD in the beginning.  I am not familiar with the game.

Not understanding what a clicker is or the significance of the larger monster infected. 

The only part I didn't like is that they were in Kansas City!    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Basically the longer someone is infected, the more the fungus turns them into a stronger, more monster like creature. The larger one in the game is called Bloater, and it's someone that has been infected for 10+ years. Clicker is the stage before a Bloater where they have increased speed and strength from a normal infected person. 

• Thanks 2

great show. and i'm really glad i didn't play the video games or else i might be one of you dweebs who gets bent out of shape whenever the show doesn't follow the games exactly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1