HBO Max - The Last of Us

Mike030270

3 hours ago, DBW said:

Oh ok I’m only on episode 3.  He thought season 2 of the show would be part 2 of the game but they are covering a lot of it very quickly.  

Offerman absolutely crushed episode 3! 

The second game is called "Part II" and from what we know, that's what season 2 will cover.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Episode 7 kinda sucked 

I actually really liked this episode. Might even be one of my favorite ones, but that could be because of how well it captured the essence of the DLC. Also doesn't hurt that those kids are super talented and acted their asses off. 

But my first major gripe with the deviations from the game is how they are handling the transition to winter. In the game, it was really jarring and unsettling, leaving you in the dark about WTF happens now. Here though, they just slow play it and leave a wasted opportunity on the table. Kinda pissed they couldn't figure out a way to keep the transition similar, like with a flash forward in the cold open. Oh well.

9 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I actually really liked this episode. Might even be one of my favorite ones, but that could be because of how well it captured the essence of the DLC. Also doesn't hurt that those kids are super talented and acted their asses off. 

But my first major gripe with the deviations from the game is how they are handling the transition to winter. In the game, it was really jarring and unsettling, leaving you in the dark about WTF happens now. Here though, they just slow play it and leave a wasted opportunity on the table. Kinda pissed they couldn't figure out a way to keep the transition the similar, like with a flash forward in the cold open. Oh well.

I never played the game. 

18 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Episode 7 kinda sucked 

Yeah, that sheet was boring. 

Although on the plus side, I've never been in a mall or seen a carousel so it was nice to finally know what everyone's been talking about all these years.

2 hours ago, VanHammersly said:

Yeah, that sheet was boring. 

Although on the plus side, I've never been in a mall or seen a carousel so it was nice to finally know what everyone's been talking about all these years.

I didn’t understand why she was so excited about the Mortal Kombat video game, but then didn’t know how to use the joystick.

:unsure:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I didn’t understand why she was so excited about the Mortal Kombat video game, but then didn’t know how to use the joystick.

She had a Mortal Kombat poster on the wall in her room.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave Moss said:

They talked about it in the after show segment, but she grew up in a world without TV/video games/etc, and could only read about them in books or magazines. Her excitement would be like you reading about some historical site of significance and then finally being able to visit it in person. You might not know your way around the site the first time you visit it, but you'd still be pretty stoked to experience it first-hand.

• Like 3

Per my bro, alot Of the driving out west montage from episode 4 and parts of 5 was filmed in coatesville.  The drone footage of the truck, the driving into the woods off the highway, etc.  

Spoiler

The amount of infected that's been in the show has been very disappointing 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

The amount of infected that's been in the show has been very disappointing 

Spoiler

Yep. They hit it out of the park with the presentation of them but they really scaled them back from the story. 

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

Yep. They hit it out of the park with the presentation of them but they really scaled them back from the story. 

Spoiler

They've been focused on everything else which is odd since the whole story is based on the survival because of the infected

It was also a pretty cool addition in the beginning when we saw glimpses of how it all started but they stopped that as well

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

too me this is all survival because of the infected, it's showing everything different groups are doing to stay alive while there is infected out there. I don't think it's necessary to keep showing the infected to get that point across. They are surviving the way the world is now not just infected. Like this last group is eating humans to survive an infected world.  

I think it would get redundant if they had to fight off a group of infected every episode. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

too me this is all survival because of the infected, it's showing everything different groups are doing to stay alive while there is infected out there. I don't think it's necessary to keep showing the infected to get that point across. They are surviving the way the world is now not just infected. Like this last group is eating humans to survive an infected world.  

I think it would get redundant if they had to fight off a group of infected every episode. 

Spoiler

Yea, I don't want it to be like Walking Dead or anything, or having to fight off infected every episode. I just think they could have a little more to show them as a threat. The last three entire episodes I'm pretty sure there was only one infected anywhere in it, and it was a flashback. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

They are in survival mode because of the infected yet they've barely had any encounters with them

Infected should have been shown a lot more

• Like 1

Just now, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

They are in survival mode because of the infected yet they've barely had any encounters with them

Infected should have been shown a lot more

Spoiler

Fair enough, I just don't think it's necessary. Just a difference of opinion, not saying I wouldn't mind seeing some more. I'm fine with the way it is so far. 

I think they are using them sparingly so it's more of a surprise when they come out of nowhere, idk? 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

Fair enough, I just don't think it's necessary. Just a difference of opinion, not saying I wouldn't mind seeing some more. I'm fine with the way it is so far. 

I think they are using them sparingly so it's more of a surprise when they come out of nowhere, idk? 

Spoiler

Take away the infected and there's no point of why Joel and Ellie would be traveling to the fireflies

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Take away the infected and there's no point of why Joel and Ellie would be traveling to the fireflies

Spoiler

We know they are there though, I like it 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:
  Hide contents

We know they are there though, I like it 

I like it too. Great show. Just have that one complaint

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Spoiler

I know you do, I guess from playing the game and knowing Joel doesn't die from them and Ellie doesn't die from them it kind of kills the suspense of them fighting them and encountering them all the time for me. So I don't really need to see it. 

I just found out today the actor that played Perry in KC voiced Tommy and the actor that played James in the last episode voiced Joel. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Spoiler

Funny enough, my one complaint when thinking about the game is there are way too many infected and in particular runners if the story is supposed to be 20 years after outbreak. Meanwhile the show has way too less. 

My one minor complaint about the last episode 

Spoiler

Why would you change the scene from the game of Ellie hacking at David’s face with Joel being the one to stop her in the game vs Ellie just doing the same thing but wondering outside for Joel to find her? Felt very anticlimactic.