Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

They extended the season last year.  I'm not making excuses for anything, you're dancing around not sticking to one topic at a time.  I know games and storylines are influenced and manipulated to a certain degree.  That was never an argument I made (hence the straw man).  The statement I debated was that no one else matters but the QB and head coach, and since you can't argue that logically you're attacking an argument I never made. 

Is this the level of adult intelligence now? When they changed to 17 games is irrelevant. They still made absolutely sure the game was on the 12th and had these 2 QBs specifically get in. 

3 hours ago, Bamabird said:

If you really believe the NFL decides which team is going to win, I would think it would have been a no brainer for the Bills to win. My gosh, they had a player died on the field and then a miracle happens and he  recovers, how great a story that would have been for the ages. The whole country would have been pulling for the Bills! They would have had Damar's face everywhere and his story would have been the STORY of the Super Bowl!

Bills will be in next year. 

3 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Is this the level of adult intelligence now? When they changed to 17 games is irrelevant. They still made absolutely sure the game was on the 12th and had these 2 QBs specifically get in. 

I guess that just leaves 1 question, and I am shocked @EagleJoe8 or @Bwestbrook36 have not asked it yet.

Is the Earth round, or flat ??

19 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Why the 12th??

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I guess that just leaves 1 question, and I am shocked @EagleJoe8 or @Bwestbrook36 have not asked it yet.

Is the Earth round, or flat ??

I think he was asked that at some point?

Just now, downundermike said:

Obviously because it is Josh Brolin's birthday.

Pretty sure I know his answer but he’s setting a trap for himself. I’ll let him fall in. 

22 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Oh, the irony. 

34 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

pls.gif

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@VaBeach_Eagle this thread is not that big yet, 25 pages, saving new posts kinda slow.

I noticed that the other day, but I'm reluctant to make any server or board changes before the Super Bowl. 

EDIT:

The above post actually went right through without delay.

1 minute ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Lincolns bday

Exactly. So the Chiefs are supposed to win because the game is at State Farm field, a company Mahomes (and now Reid) do commercials for, but it’s the Eagles who play at LINCOLN Financial field. So that fits into the conspiracy how??

17 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Not when they're sitting on top of him while he's about to field the ball. Our blocking sucks, plain and simple. 

The return game requires heart, defenders are always bearing down on the returners, often when there's a lane for a returner to make something happen he doesn't take it due to a lack of heart........Scott has the heart.

15 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Exactly. So the Chiefs are supposed to win because the game is at State Farm field, a company Mahomes (and now Reid) do commercials for, but it’s the Eagles who play at LINCOLN Financial field. So that fits into the conspiracy how??

Because 2 black qbs made it to the super bowl and Lincoln freed the slaves!! Duh

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because 2 black qbs made it to the super bowl and Lincoln freed the slaves!! Duh

Is your beanbag chair avatar your way of making up for the beanbags you're missing ladyboy?  

28 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Is your beanbag chair avatar your way of making up for the beanbags you're missing ladyboy?  

So many beanbags I haven't kissed yet so little time ! Are you firing blanks yet, Alec Baldwin?!

On 2/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, birdman#12 said:

Well, coaches better get used to the fact that QB who run a lot are going to get hurt.....lance was hurt running the ball.  And SF's O-line isn't great and the other 3 QB injuries happened on sacks.....

While the dual threat QB is exciting, you're putting the most important player on your team at additional risk when you have a stable of running backs.  I just think that is shortsighted.  Hurts is fun to watch, but he's been taking more hits and missed some game because of it.  Scrambling is ok, especially when he can control the hits by sliding......designed runs have the defense focused on him and in tighter lanes.

SF needs to improve their offensive line and train their QBs to rid of the ball sooner .  Purdy and Johnson held the ball too long and Garropolo kept fighting for yards with  DL on top on him.  But hey, sh-- happens.......sometimes the roof caves in.....

QBs like Hurts tend to stop relying on their legs as much as they gain more experience. After he's paid the big bucks there will be less designed runs for him as well. 

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

QBs like Hurts tend to stop relying on their legs as much as they gain more experience. After he's paid the big bucks there will be less designed runs for him as well. 

There will also be less talent around him after he's paid the big bucks.

Just now, downundermike said:

There will also be less talent around him after he's paid the big bucks.

Yup... such is the way of the NFL. Better win it now. Playing with house money while he's on the rookie contract.

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Yup... such is the way of the NFL.

That is when we will find out if he really is an MVP.  Mahomes did it and got to the Super Bowl while removing talent at WR, lets see what happens to Jalen once the talent is removed instead of added.

Archived