Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

5 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

MADDEN picked the Eagles 

From his grave?

1 hour ago, boilertiger said:

I am really interested to see how Gannon approaches this game. When this Chiefs team has lost over the past 4 years (since Spags arrived) it's been because the offense has stalled out. This game could be the exception to that rule but it's something to be aware of.

If you go back and watch the Bucs superbowl or the second half of the AFC championship game last year vs. the Bengals you will see that the offense completely self destruct. Part of the issues was the offensive line in the superbowl, but the other part was Todd Bowles just got Mahomes. In the AFC title game, Lou Anarumo got Mahomes. Chiefs were expecting the Bucs to be aggressive and bring 5+ guys every time and play press man. They dropped 8 and Mahomes was constantly hunting the homerun ball. Against the Bengals last year, they dropped 8 in the second half and it broke Mahomes brain again. 

IMO, if Gannon really wants to break the Chiefs, he will play press man (Chiefs WR aren't great anymore) and double or triple Kelce. I know he doesn't like to play man that much, but this version of the Chiefs doesn't handle it well and a tendency breaker by Gannon at this point in the season could be tough for a beat up Chiefs offense to react to. Ultimately, I firmly believe that the Eagles coverage unit (not the defensive front) is the biggest story. It always is versus Mahomes.  

If Gannon doesn't self scout his tendencies before this game, Mahomes will light the Eagles defense on fire. 

Yes, BUT the Eagles pass rush is more than the last two teams combined.  That shortens the timeline for Mahomes.  But 100% the coverage needs to be well schemed (and of course well played too).

Also, the Chiefs have certainly adjusted well and started taking the dink and dunks.  That is both bad for the Eagles and good for us in that we would much rather keep it all in front of us and make him burn clock on his drives too. And more plays means more room for mistakes.

Mahomes and Kelce are the two Chiefs that would be the problems for our defense.  Mahomes is a proven QB who could make crazy throws.  If our DL could disrupt him and cause problems for him, then more than half of the battle already won. 

Our running game has to be effective to have long drives, which would limit the time KC's offense on the field.  This is the game when our OL has to shine, open running lanes and time for the passing game to mix in.

All in all, I feel more confident for a win in this game than the 49ers game.  SF had more play makers for our guys to counter for.  But then, by taking out their central piece in QB effectively eliminated all other elements.  If we can approach it the same way in SB, it should deliver another SB trophy!

On 1/29/2023 at 4:37 PM, NOTW said:

Don't care which team they play. Eagles have been the #1 team all year. Let's go!

The NFC has proven to be the weaker conference this year. 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:04 PM, vaff said:

Fully mobile? Guy could hardly walk after that run.

And yet on the last play he ran at full speed. He doesn't have the injury they said he has. He wouldn't be good for a month. 

7 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

And yet on the last play he ran at full speed. He doesn't have the injury they said he has. He wouldn't be good for a month. 

I think PM has access to the worlds greatest pain killers that make him run without any issues . I am sure he got taped up and shot up and was ready to go .

4 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Wrong

It's not remotely wrong. Cousins is garbage, Packers sucked giants creeped in. Dallas always gets in and loses. Bucs sucked and made playoffs. Niners win with a inexperienced QB.

12 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

It's not remotely wrong. Cousins is garbage, Packers sucked giants creeped in. Dallas always gets in and loses. Bucs sucked and made playoffs. Niners win with a inexperienced QB.

same can be said about AFC , buff was hype , Tenn is trash , chargers are chargers, did I miss anyone else ? Lamar Jackson can’t finish a season anymore . Ever since Manning and Brady retired AFC has been mediocre, PM gotta long way to go IMO

1 minute ago, Davidj77 said:

same can be said about AFC , buff was hype , Tenn is trash , chargers are chargers, did I miss anyone else ? Lamar Jackson can’t finish a season anymore . 

Buff has consistently won for 3 years now. So has Tennessee. The fact is the AFC conf was the SB.

Any of you older guys have seen that before. It's obvious the AFC championship was the stronger teams. 

Eagles had it far too easy vs giants and SF. They haven't been tested. Just riding a cool wave. 

There are those of us who understand this is entertainment and not competition. The Eagles are just the supporting actor to Mahomes.

You really think a no name young Coach is beating Reid?  The league has millions in endorsements wrapped up in Mahomes and they are playing in State Farm Stadium lol. It's no mystery.

48 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Mahomes and Kelce are the two Chiefs that would be the problems for our defense. 

They are not better than Brady & Gronk 

3 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

Buff has consistently won for 3 years now. So has Tennessee. The fact is the AFC conf was the SB.

Any of you older guys have seen that before. It's obvious the AFC championship was the stronger teams. 

Eagles had it far too easy vs giants and SF. They haven't been tested. Just riding a cool wave. 

There are those of us who understand this is entertainment and not competition. The Eagles are just the supporting actor to Mahomes.

You really think a no name young Coach is beating Reid?  The league has millions in endorsements wrapped up in Mahomes and they are playing in State Farm Stadium lol. It's no mystery.

No way ! 
 Buff 
yet they went to zero SBS  … I remember Jim Kelly 4 times sb loser .

Tenn doesn’t deserve any credit ! Start strong , choke in the end .

If the NFL has huge investment on PM then why didn’t they want him to beat Brady and start his so called legacy by beating the old man and make way for the new sheriff in town . 

ok I gotta conspiracy for you . NFL desperately wants an African American qb to win the sb ! PM already has one . Since you mentioned the State Farm thing lol

3 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

3 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

The NFL decides who wins and win. Over the last three years it's very obvious. 

The only black QBs to win a SB were on Indian mascot teams . Seattle is a Indian art logo.

They only lost to Brady who is out now. 

8 minutes ago, HaroldJackson29 said:

The NFL decides who wins and win. Over the last three years it's very obvious. 

The only black QBs to win a SB were on Indian mascot teams . Seattle is a Indian art logo.

They only lost to Brady who is out now. 

Blue-hell GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

This person did a video like this for 2017's NFCCG as well as Super Bowl LII, though I see in the comments that he isn't going to LVII. 

But this gives you a different view of the NFCCG:

Archived