Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

1 hour ago, Bamabird said:

Losers always have an excuse. Just accept that you got beat by the better team and move on!

We had to live through Carson getting knocked out of a playoff game with a bad hit.  Nick having to play 5 Playoff games including the Super Bowl.   Josh Mccown having to play a playoff game.   These things happen.  I was so scared that we lost Jalen after Chicago.  Yes losing 4 QBs in one season is very rare but It seems they put all their chips in Purdy and had no other real backup plan if something happen to him.  I'm sorry the Kid got hurt but Reddick has been a beast all year. I know 49ers fans are disappointed but again don't' be mad at the Eagles playing good Defense.  Patrick is way more skillful than Purdy but even he will have be to aware of this Pass Rush......especially with his mobility issues because of the injury.  Just like Jalen is being cautious with his shoulder. I hope they realize they need a strong Veteran QB on that roster next year along with Purdy and Trey.   

33 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

We had to live through Carson getting knocked out of a playoff game with a bad hit. 

Let's go back a little further, we had to live through McNabb getting knocked out of the NFCCG with a bad hit (2003).

4 hours ago, Swimm said:

Jalen might have to actually complete some passes this game.. The last time he  had an actual good game passing the ball was against the Titans in the beginning of DEC

Heh, yeah he will probably need to.  Although I would argue the week after against the Giants he had a good passing game. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Let's go back a little further, we had to live through McNabb getting knocked out of the NFCCG with a bad hit (2003).

Yes, as I recall a late dirty hit with no call as well.  Then Koy Detmer came in and it got ugly. 

12 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Yes, as I recall a late dirty hit with no call as well.  Then Koy Detmer came in and it got ugly. 

I wouldn't even classify it as a late hit, though I guess that's what it was. The play was blown dead before it really even got started.

Is it just me or does NFLN seem to be Chiefs-centric? Last week, they almost exclusively showed Chiefs-Bengals games (old ones). This week, it's Chiefs-49ers, Chiefs-Bucs, Chiefs players/coaches 'Football Life" episodes. 

I haven't seen a single Eagles game/show yet. 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is it just me or does NFLN seem to be Chiefs-centric? Last week, they almost exclusively showed Chiefs-Bengals games (old ones). This week, it's Chiefs-49ers, Chiefs-Bucs, Chiefs players/coaches 'Football Life" episodes. 

I haven't seen a single Eagles game/show yet. 

Mahomes is the new king

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wouldn't even classify it as a late hit, though I guess that's what it was. The play was blown dead before it really even got started.

Well, at least by today's standards.  A spear to the chest or ribs after he got rid of the ball unless my memory is off, I just remember being pissed about it 😆

11 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Well, at least by today's standards.  A spear to the chest or ribs after he got rid of the ball unless my memory is off, I just remember being pissed about it 😆

I was thinking that the play was blown dead at the snap, but 20 years has shaded my memory a bit lol. 

https://youtu.be/neRMQeCqKy4?t=2580

Mahomes is going to take a shot or two from us in this game.  He is the magic man so when he creates, he also puts himself at risk.  Suh in particular has a real mean streak.  Someone is going to have to lay the wood on PM and I think the Eagles know this.

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was thinking that the play was blown dead at the snap, but 20 years has shaded my memory a bit lol. 

https://youtu.be/neRMQeCqKy4?t=2580

Ahhh yes, thank you for finding that.  Way late and dirty, couldn't even get a 15 yard penalty after that guy basically ruined this game for us. 

I think I confused this one with a regular season game against them.  Possibly the same season, or one close to it.  I'm remembering a spear to the mid section area after he threw the ball, backed up in our own end zone.  

21 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Ahhh yes, thank you for finding that.  Way late and dirty, couldn't even get a 15 yard penalty after that guy basically ruined this game for us. 

I think I confused this one with a regular season game against them.  Possibly the same season, or one close to it.  I'm remembering a spear to the mid section area after he threw the ball, backed up in our own end zone.  

I think you’re thinking of the 2009 season opener. McNabb did get hurt in that one leading to Kolb starting the next two. 

28 minutes ago, Miami said:

Mahomes is going to take a shot or two from us in this game.  He is the magic man so when he creates, he also puts himself at risk.  Suh in particular has a real mean streak.  Someone is going to have to lay the wood on PM and I think the Eagles know this.

Yup according to them Eagles have YET to  play  a "real” QB . And 2 weeks is more than enough to have PM back to 100% . They are seeing this an easy cake walk for KC ! They were not impressed by the Niners game ! They thought CIN was a much tougher opponent.  KC is a 2 man show IMO , MAHOMES and kelce . 

47 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Mahomes is the new king

Said it a few yrs ago he's the Steph Curry of the NFL

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think you’re thinking of the 2009 season opener. McNabb did get hurt in that one leading to Kolb starting the next two. 

The 09 hit was after McNabb scored on a scramble

2 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Yup according to them Eagles have YET to  play  a "real” QB . And 2 weeks is more than enough to have PM back to 100% . They are seeing this an easy cake walk for KC ! They were not impressed by the Niners game ! They thought CIN was a much tougher opponent.  KC is a 2 man show IMO , MAHOMES and kelce . 

Not apples to apples but I see this as a LeBron vs Steph Klay and KD.

They have the best player, maybe the best 2. But I think we got too much ammo on both sides of the ball

2 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Said it a few yrs ago he's the Steph Curry of the NFL

He is good ! But 1 ring won’t get you the steph level. And I truly believe KC will lose this sb ! 

4 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

The 09 hit was after McNabb scored on a scramble

Ok. I couldn’t remember the exact nature of that injury. The only other chest injury that comes to mind is the 05 opener in Atlanta. I’m almost certain McNabb was speared in the chest that game. 

7 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Not apples to apples but I see this as a LeBron vs Steph Klay and KD.

They have the best player, maybe the best 2. But I think we got too much ammo on both sides of the ball

Too much hype . The so called sexy pick . All media talks about MAHOMES and kelce . But when they talk about PHILADELPHIA they talk about how stacked they are . 

13 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

He is good ! But 1 ring won’t get you the steph level. And I truly believe KC will lose this sb ! 

Ditto. We've seen a few yrs ago what Mahomes looks like running for his life 

2 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Ditto. We've seen a few yrs ago what Mahomes looks like running for his life 

Don’t get me wrong ! The dude will get his MVP hardware night before SB 

2 minutes ago, Davidj77 said:

Too much hype . The so called sexy pick . All media talks about MAHOMES and kelce . But when they talk about PHILADELPHIA they talk about how stacked they are . 

The game comes down to 4 lines and 2 right arms.

-(TO)PSquared.  Eagles have no choice but to run at a team who knows it's coming.  It's Mahomes' ankle that is the issue, but it's Jalen's arm.  I would be very uncomfortable if he puts it in harms way more than 20 times.  It tells me it's not going well if he does.  Despite the fact the brass wants to throw it all over in the first 30, for this one they would be far better served if they can run it down their throats, keep the Chief offense on the sidelines and finish drives -but that's just me.

I'd want Andy to feel the pressure of having to throw just to get back in it.  Plays into Philly's hands - because Pacheco and CEH have the ability to wreck Gannon all-purpose.  Want to take that away as much as I could.  Travis will get his.......but JG has to deny the rest.

1 minute ago, Davidj77 said:

Don’t get me wrong ! The dude will get his MVP hardware night before SB 

He can have it. We got bigger ideas

Archived