EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

25 minutes ago, Swoop said:

He's a loser. Loser play and loser mentality.

Embiid put up 15 points... the MVP of the league... 15 points in a game 7.  0 shots in the last 5 minutes of Game 6... a close out game.

Harden put up 9 points today.  NINE!!!  Harden put up 13 in Game 6.  Embiid 26.

Embiid averaged 33 ppg in the regular season.  Harden averaged 21.   If either of them matches their season average in Game 6... the Sixers win.  They didn't, Sixers didn't.  Same in Game 7.  Both came up very small in both Game 6 and 7.   (And I think that Harden and Embiid put up 0 points combined in the last 5 minutes... and Harden led them to some terrible possessions down the stretch.)

Tucker put up 3.5 ppg in the regular season.  But, in Game 6 and 7, put up 8 and then 11.  I'd take Tucker back over either of those two, right now.  Loser mentality for the best player on the team to blame others when he came up so small.  They can say whatever they want... but the truth is, their best players (Embiid and Harden) laid eggs... and the team followed them.  

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one player in NBA history has won an MVP and not progressed to the conference final:

Joel Embiid.

40 minutes ago, Swoop said:

He's a loser. Loser play and loser mentality.

Every key aspect of the team has loser stank on it. Morey is an analytics nerd who could never get over the hump in Houston, Doc has been a loser for the past ten years with a disastrous track record in blowing series leads and in game sevens, Harden has always been a regular season player who couldn’t get it done when it matters, and Embiid is looking like another regular season guy who breaks down in the playoffs and throws guys under the bus. 

It’s like a perfect vortex storm of losers from top to bottom and it infiltrates the entire DNA of the team. 

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Only one player in NBA history has won an MVP and not progressed to the conference final:

Joel Embiid.

Embiid is an emotional guy at a low point tonight. Not worried about what he said

17 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Embiid is an emotional guy at a low point tonight. Not worried about what he said

He didn’t seem to care at all this game. Even after the game he was all smiles like he was relieved it was over. He’s a terrible leader and has checked out on the Sixers.

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Remember drafting Fultz instead of Tatum?

Remember the entire Trust the Process?  Should we post every draft pick and trade during that timeframe?  It's been an absolute failure in every way.  It's brutal to look back at who they drafted and the players they passed over.  Not just one or two....I'm talking about top players across the league.  They had Jimmy Butler in their hands and let him get away.  I know it would have taken both sides to make it happen but if the Sixers were willing to do it, Butler would be here.  

It's beyond depressing to look back at.

12 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

He didn’t seem to care at all this game. Even after the game he was all smiles like he was relieved it was over. He’s a terrible leader and has checked out on the Sixers.

Nah

he is still not 100% and the celtics still had to double and triple him. But he has no shooters. 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Really bad look to say that

Like clockwork. Dudes an embarrassment. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Like clockwork. Dudes an embarrassment. 

Cripes.  I like Embid and I want to love him but this just looks bad.  Maybe I shouldn't have just watched The Last Dance again to hear how real champions talk.

Didn't Harris and Maxey lead the team in scoring today? Tough time to blame the rest of the team.

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Cripes.  I like Embid and I want to love him but this just looks bad.  Maybe I shouldn't have just watched The Last Dance again to hear how real champions talk.

I like Embiid during the regular season and when he wants to troll people but he clearly lacks "it” and what it means to play in Philadelphia. He’s never going to get it, either, especially with this being the best year and best opportunity to win it all. Imagine how soft this team would be without PJ Tucker. Probably Celtics in 5.

42 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Embiid is an emotional guy.  Where was the emotion and calling for the ball down the stretch in Game 6?  When has an NBA MVP gone down in a close out game without taking a single shot in the last 5 minutes?  Pathetic coaching job by Rivers.  Pathetic effort from Embiid.  Imagine Jordan letting Pippen and Kukoc control the offense down the stretch in a close out game.  Kobe letting the game fall on Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom in that situation.  Or... go to a lower tier... Curry?  Durant?  In the critical moments, the best players need to make the plays.  As bad as Tatum was in Game 6... when crunch time came, he didn't shy away from the moment, but rather rose to it.  And he carried that forward into Game 7.  Tatum put up 51.  He outscored the Sixers' top 3 scorers in this game by himself... Harris (19), Maxey (17), and Embiid (15).   And its pathetic that in a Game 7... Embiid was the 3rd highest scorer on his team.  THIRD.  Yet, he wants to blame those around him.  Pathetic.

5 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Didn't Harris and Maxey lead the team in scoring today? Tough time to blame the rest of the team.

Yes.  Embiid scored less than HALF his regular season average.

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I like Embiid during the regular season and when he wants to troll people but he clearly lacks "it” and what it means to play in Philadelphia. He’s never going to get it, either, especially with this being the best year and best opportunity to win it all. Imagine how soft this team would be without PJ Tucker. Probably Celtics in 5.

Yup.  It was there for the taking... they had it with Game 6 at home... even took the lead in Game 6 after that pathetic start.   And they just crumbled.  

Cody Mauch's legend status went next level with his number choice. 

TAMPA, FL - May 13, 2023 - Guard Cody Mauch #69 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during 2023 Rookie Mini Camp at AdventHealth Training Center. Photo By Kyle Zedaker/Tampa Bay Buccaneers

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Cody Mauch's legend status went next level with his number choice. 

TAMPA, FL - May 13, 2023 - Guard Cody Mauch #69 of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers during 2023 Rookie Mini Camp at AdventHealth Training Center. Photo By Kyle Zedaker/Tampa Bay Buccaneers

We have a lot of players in the nfl now, probably more than a large number of FBS schools. But it’s awesome because we’ll never meet promotion standards, so NDSU is going to win nearly every FCS championship here unto… rule changes

2 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

Really bad look to say that

Yes, it should be "James and I..."

39 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Shouldn't have even been a game 7 

image.png.94bfa89d38a09827142dee39a54a833c.png

Sixers really lost that game with their pathetic start.  It had nothing to do with the officiating, which was also pathetic from the start.  

The game was there to be won at the end by the Sixers, but Boston made their shots and plated their offense.  Sixers looked confused and stagnant offensively and missed their shots.

9 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

Yes, it should be "James and I..."

Should also be... "James and I can't win when we play like we did in the last two games."  He'd get more respect if he pointed at himself.  15 points by the MVP in Game 7 is inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sixers really lost that game with their pathetic start.  It had nothing to do with the officiating, which was also pathetic from the start.  

The game was there to be won at the end by the Sixers, but Boston made their shots and plated their offense.  Sixers looked confused and stagnant offensively and missed their shots.

It’s also basketball. Poor officiating should almost be expected, and certainly not something to point your finger at. Game 6 and 7 certainly weren’t great performances to blame refs because the outcome wasn’t desirable. 

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yep. I also remember when centers didn’t take half assed shots from the top of the key and weren’t afraid to play in the low post against AL HORFORD. This team is pathetic. Let Maxey take the flight home alone. 

How is my gigantic center not in the paint every F**** play?

Archived