EMB Blog: 2023 Offseason - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

One more time then I am done. LOSER mentality across the board and a BS coach.  Time to retire Rivers.  

I found good stuff at the dollar store.  Zyrtec alternative for $1.25 for 14.  Unreal value on that one.  And they had Bugles which are like crack to me.

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, jamiller said:

How is my gigantic center not in the paint every F**** play?

You’d have to show him Tim Duncan highlights using this method.  Not sure how to install a ‘give a damn’ button, though

The team should be rebranded as the 86ers.

Because they are consistently 86ed from the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They traded for the number 1 pick. Do you think Celtics make that trade if they knew they were going to take Tatum? I doubt it

Risky move if the Celtics absolutely wanted Tatum.

Eventhough they traded with the sixers, they could have still taken Tatum if they wanted.  

Not to mention the Lakers were picking 2nd.  I know they wanted Lonzo Ball but they could have changed their mind last minute and taken Tatum as well.

I would think if Boston really wanted Tatum they would have took him at 1.  

5 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

The team should be rebranded as the 86ers.

Because they are consistently 86ed from the playoffs.

Also, with that Embiid only-MVP-no-CF stat from earlier, 86 is coincidentally the last time the Celtics had a league MVP but they keep going deep into the playoffs anyway

I cannot believe we don’t have to pay for this level of analysis. 

1 hour ago, schuy7 said:

Didn't Harris and Maxey lead the team in scoring today? Tough time to blame the rest of the team.

Build around Maxey and Tobias. Everyone else can GTFO.

24 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

Build around Maxey and Tobias. Everyone else can GTFO.

Tobias is one the the first moves they need to make. There’s no world they keep him and build around him. $40M a year.

Embiid is why I rarely watch the Sixers anymore. Pair an unreliable superstar with a choker head coach? You deserve what you get.

Wonder what they could get for Embiid...

Doc Rivers is going nowhere. He has 2 years left, Harris just bought a new team, he's not eating that money. And I actually hope he doesn't because the number of delusional Sixers fans who try to tell everyone next season is going to be different all summer because of a new coach is going to be insufferable.

Sixers fans are the most delusional fan base in the city. I remember when people were mocking Jimmy Butler for leaving calling him a loser and talking about how AL Horford was going to make their defense elite. I remember telling people at the time how much they're going to miss Butler and how letting him go would lead to their down fall and having to hear the delusional takes all summer. How'd that turn out? Ask Jimmy in the conference finals(again).

I'm just glad now Sixers fans have seemingly finally faced the reality that this team was royally Fed years ago and have no shot at a title. They ruined their chances through horrendous decisions and no more entitled delusional fans acting like this team was owed a championship.

[Bill Simmons] The Knicks are just waiting for Embiid to say it's time for me to go, they have their relationships, (Leon Rose/World Wide West) who are his guys, they've been waiting for this moment

3 hours ago, Westbrook#36 said:

That was such an awesome tour.  The laser show was so awesome.  Moon and Entwhistle. Best drummer/bassist combo ever.  Who needs a "lead” guitarist when you have Keith Moon playing lead drums. Closest thing I ever saw to that level of creativity was Keith Richards guitar playing. Daultry may have been the best lead singer in Rock at the time.  

2 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

I’d be willing to bet Miami has a good offer and also a place embiid would be willing to go to play with butler. Likely offer Bam, Herro, others. They only don’t have their 25 or 2026 first (depends on if 2025 first is outside of the lottery. Good chance with embiid and butler it is). Knicks offering any package of grimes, quickley, Barrett, toppin and Mitchell isn’t as good as bam and Herro and whatever other players Miami includes. So Knicks gonna need to give more first rounders to sweeten their deal

Even thought he Knicks have a lot of firsts the the issue with the knicks is the first rounders they own that aren’t their own have tons of protections on them. so a lot of them are not likely going to be coveted 1st round picks or potentially even convey. Which is an issue considering the sixers traded their firsts (albeit with protections to the nets). Ones that are theirs likely gonna put protections on the ones in 2026-30 cause they know likely the end of the embiid Brunson era

knicks have the 2023 mavs 1st if it’s outside top 10. Mavs purposefully tanked knowing they sit at 10. So someone from 11-14 would have to jump into the top 3 for it to convey. So unlikely in 2023 it conveys (so 24 or 25 if doesn’t convey this year. Still has top 10 protections. becomes a second in 2025 if not convey. Likely conveys but good chance it is 14-24 range after this year)

2024 first round draft pick from Detroit that Knicks own. Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-18 in 2024, 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027 (good chance with how pistons accumulating talent that the pick conveys in 2025 or 2026 but in the 14-22 range- ok pick not particularly great. That said pistons could just continue being awful and it never does and becomes a 2nd)

2024 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-12 in 2024, 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (Good chance those picks become 2nd rounders as Washington is a dumpster fire and might be forced to trade beal and get themselves into another bad contract with porzingis)

2025 first round draft pick from Milwaukee.
Milwaukee's 2025 1st round pick to New Orleans protected for selections 5-30 or to New York protected for selections 1-4 (Only way this pick is good is if Giannis leaves Milwaukee then it’s top 4 if they have Giannis it’s going to New Orleans and not very good anyway)

knicks picks with embiid and Brunson are in the 20s from 2024 and 2025. Maybe 2026 it is nice that’s if Knicks don’t add protections to them. So you’d have to get it no protections to make it worth it. Knicks don’t have their 2023 first as dealt to Portland. The first round picks of the Knicks you really covet are 2027-2030 and would have to get without protections cause embiid will be done and Knicks likely back to being bad.

The others unfortunately due to the protections on them make it very unlikely they convey into greta value or I’m some cases even convey at all. Added to this the sixers not having their own picks some of these years (some protections on them so not necessarily losing them) is an issue. You’d essentially be banking on Knicks picks from 2027-30 (and have to hope no protections on them) cause some may not even conveys and the ones that do might not be all that valuable when they do.  

so I’d see it as would you rather have Miami’s offer of Bam, Herro, whatever other player not named butler and picks (I’m guessing more willing to let go of protections) or Knicks of some package of Barrett, grimes, quickley, toppin or robinson (frankly i like quickley and grimes but bam and Herro imo are significantly more appealing) some of those picks they have acquired and Knicks firsts from 2026-2030. 

the utah trade for gobert looks great for utah cause the timberwolves are a dumpster fire organization and none of those picks had protections on them. Even the sixers were smart in the harden trade to put some protections on those picks 

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

That was such an awesome tour.  The laser show was so awesome.  Moon and Entwhistle. Best drummer/bassist combo ever.  Who needs a "lead” guitarist when you have Keith Moon playing lead drums. Closest thing I ever saw to that level of creativity was Keith Richards guitar playing. Daultry may have been the best lead singer in Rock at the time.  

Wow.

I never got to see them or Zep and I really feel cheated.

I don't know dick about making music but the Who seem like a very solid technical band.

I do think (not an original thought) that they were the first "punk" band, performance wise. 

Just wow.

4 hours ago, jamiller said:

Wow.

I never got to see them or Zep and I really feel cheated.

I don't know dick about making music but the Who seem like a very solid technical band.

I do think (not an original thought) that they were the first "punk" band, performance wise. 

Just wow.

I feel cheated by not seeing Zep as well.  I did see The Who on their (first) Farewell Tour but, sadly, Moon had passed a few years before.  I also saw them a second time down the line.  Great band to see live…maybe the best ever.  I can only imagine seeing them live while they were in their prime years

Bring back Doctor J. Those were the good old days!

You can point fingers in every direction.  For me, it goes back to Jimmy Butler and the insistence on getting James Harden, but I've REALLY soured on Embid and I've never liked Doc Rivers.  As a matter of fact, two of my most disliked people in the NBA even before they were sixers were Harden and Rivers.  

I forget who said it a few days back but I also think Josh Harris is the wrong owner for this team.  He's just collecting professional sports teams and IMO, that type of ownership group is going to do nothing but fail on the court as long as their wallets get thicker.  Not saying we need a Philly guy, we don't.   But I would much rather have an owner of the team who owns the Sixers and only the Sixers.  I just don't see the Harris ownership group giving a single damn about actually winning a title for the city of Philadelphia.  Not only does he own teams in other leagues but he owns direct rivals with Philadelphia teams.

Can you imagine Jeff Lurie also owning the Braves and the Penguins?  

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Oh, we pay.  We pay every time some one references or quotes him.  Treat him like a mushroom, and maybe he'll go away.

46 minutes ago, greend said:

Bring back Doctor J. Those were the good old days!

Doc and Moses...  Moses was a guaranteed 20 and 12 every game.

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Chip Kelly's greatest Philly crime was platforming ESP.

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Not every great player is as much of a leader as Hurts.

His supporting cast goes from all-star to worst player on the court at random intervals on random nights from 2 through 9.

Niang pulled a JD Clowney tonight. He did not even have to be on the floor to suck.

Sounds like cookie monster just means he speaks a second language fluently but with an accent.

No coach in NBA history chokes as much as Doc. Its hard to replace a superstar and very easy to replace a coach.

This is a great grocery list of excuses for Embiid. Compare him to the other superstars in this city. Jalen. Bryce. Kelce. 

He has zero leadership skills. 

This sounds really cheesy, but Thad Young, TJ McConnell and Robert Covington seemed to care more about winning for this city than the current guys. 

Replacements Gotta Have Heart GIF - Replacements Gotta Have Heart Football  - Discover & Share GIFs

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This sounds really cheesy, but Thad Young, TJ McConnell and Robert Covington seemed to care more about winning for this city than the current guys. 

Replacements Gotta Have Heart GIF - Replacements Gotta Have Heart Football  - Discover & Share GIFs

Scrappy overachievers are far easier to like, no doubt. Embiid has tons of heart

harden is a mercenary and always has been. 

Archived