DCU Thread

BFit

14 hours ago, BFit said:

I enjoyed it.... :ph34r:

I liked it more than I expected to.  Not a movie I would be telling people they have to see but I wasn't regretting wasting two hours watching it either, which I sometimes have with DCEU movies.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, BFit said:

I enjoyed it.... :ph34r:

Same here

It had its moments, it wasn’t as bad as The Justice League, but it wasn’t ‘’great’’ either.

Flipped through a couple DCEU titles on HBO max, man it all sucks, even Constantine!.  Hard to believe there is this much content on a universe this bad.

My son and I started watching Black Adam last evening.  We punched out around 45 minutes in when we decided it was hot garbage.

19 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

My son and I started watching Black Adam last evening.  We punched out around 45 minutes in when we decided it was hot garbage.

It took 90 combined mins (45ea) for the two of you to come to the conclusion that film was hot garbage? I'm surprised you ever noticed at all!

On 1/5/2023 at 7:42 AM, sameaglesfan said:

Watched it last weekend while scrolling our phones for something in the background. It was terrible. It felt very outdated like something made 20+ years ago, as if they haven't watched all the better superhero movies and built on them or kept up. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 11:33 PM, NOTW said:

Watched it last weekend while scrolling our phones for something in the background. It was terrible. It felt very outdated like something made 20+ years ago, as if they haven't watched all the better superhero movies and built on them or kept up. 

It was dollar store black panther. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

It was dollar store black panther. 

If there was one movie I wouldn't compare it to, it'd be black panther :roll:

• Haha 1

usually I’m pretty forgiving of DC, but Black Adam is in the bottom tier with Wonder Woman 84

8 hours ago, homerpat said:

usually I’m pretty forgiving of DC, but Black Adam is in the bottom tier with Wonder Woman 84

you done it now. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some pretty exciting announcements in here. I’m especially looking forward to Lanterns, Booster Gold, Swamp Thing, and seeing them do the Damian Wayne storyline.

https://tvline.com/lists/new-dc-universe-tv-series-wonder-woman-booster-gold/

Details have finally been released on the TV shows and movies that will form the new DC Universe, which will kick off with what is being called "Chapter 1: God and Monsters.”

Kind of disappointed that Ezra will still be Flash after the legal problems

Looks like Momoa will stay as Aquaman and not be Lobo

Pretty cool he's bringining in a bunch of unknown characters

I'm not a big fan of his style of movies but I do like that they are making sure everything is connected

Paradi Lost described as a Game of Thrones Themyscira is interesting

Superman Legacy sounds like Supermans kids but Gunn said it's going to be a younger Superman yet still not an origin story

17 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Kind of disappointed that Ezra will still be Flash after the legal problems

Not only that but he's a terrible Flash.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure I agree with that

Connection with new animated, TV and film with trying to get the same actors do the animated voice overs.

Animated Gods and Monsters, TV Amanda Waller show working with Peacemaker.  Then SuperMan reboot, some other animated and TV shows then Batman The Brave and the Bold about Batman and his actual son Damien Wayne.  Supergirl and Swamp Thing dark horror story style.  There's more, watch from James Gunn below.

Reeves The Batman and The Joker and other series not in the DCU will be called DC Elsewhere.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Connection with new animated, TV and film with trying to get the same actors do the animated voice overs.

I hope they still have an animated universe though. I enjoyed those animated justice league movies

• Like 1

There are some comics I never heard of that they're doing which I think is smart.  Gunn did that with the lesser known Guardians of the Galaxy.  Reading some fan reaction on social media about some of the products they are excited about besides the well known names.  That's probably a smart thing to do.  As in anything, if it's well executed of course.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

After the movie comes and goes they will announce hes being replaced. 

On 1/31/2023 at 12:56 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Some pretty exciting announcements in here. I’m especially looking forward to Lanterns, Booster Gold, Swamp Thing, and seeing them do the Damian Wayne storyline.

https://tvline.com/lists/new-dc-universe-tv-series-wonder-woman-booster-gold/

Justice League Dark is some of the best animated story telling yet. I’ll be optimistic with some of these, but also think some sound dumb. Damien Wayne and Booster Gold are excellent additions though 

Bringing back the actors from previous iterations? Why has no one thought of that before? :rolleyes: