DCU Thread

BFit

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

really enjoyed Shazam. Hope DC can take lessons from that and Peacemaker and keep a light hearted side. Second one looks promising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

really enjoyed Shazam. Hope DC can take lessons from that and Peacemaker and keep a light hearted side. Second one looks promising. 

That's the right direction. 

Shazam trailer doesn't me want to watch it lol

Black Adam looks like it's going to be the bad guy turned good

They should scrap The Flash actor with all of the accusations

All I wanted was a Man of Steel sequel

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Shazam trailer doesn't me want to watch it lol

Black Adam looks like it's going to be the bad guy turned good

They should scrap The Flash actor with all of the accusations

All I wanted was a Man of Steel sequel

I've seen rumors that Ezra was fired from The Flash and others that say Warner Bros is hoping to just move on and ignore it. 

The social media comments from comic-con a lot of them were agreeing, they wanted to see Cavill back as Superman.  

Marvel announced like 100 things this weekend and DC had these 2.  Meh.  Shazam was ok, a little fun but it felt like a movie made 20+ years ago.  I don't really have interest in Black Adam and while I don't hate the Rock or anything, he's just way over exposed and basically the same in everything.  

DC has to not worry about what Marvel is doing and just think about the direction they want to go, and work with what has been successful.  Stripping down the CGI fests and focusing on gritty stuff like The Batman and the Joaquin Pheonix Joker were good choices.  the new Suicide Squad (although I didn't like it much) and Peacemaker are also successful for them and fans like it.  Even though I didn't think the JL Snyder Cut was great, it was definitely better than the previous release.  There's a blueprint there.  

Excited to see what else Matt Reeves does with The Batman sequel, Penguin HBO Max show and others.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've seen rumors that Ezra was fired from The Flash and others that say Warner Bros is hoping to just move on and ignore it. 

The social media comments from comic-con a lot of them were agreeing, they wanted to see Cavill back as Superman.  

Marvel announced like 100 things this weekend and DC had these 2.  Meh.  Shazam was ok, a little fun but it felt like a movie made 20+ years ago.  I don't really have interest in Black Adam and while I don't hate the Rock or anything, he's just way over exposed and basically the same in everything.  

DC has to not worry about what Marvel is doing and just think about the direction they want to go, and work with what has been successful.  Stripping down the CGI fests and focusing on gritty stuff like The Batman and the Joaquin Pheonix Joker were good choices.  the new Suicide Squad (although I didn't like it much) and Peacemaker are also successful for them and fans like it.  Even though I didn't think the JL Snyder Cut was great, it was definitely better than the previous release.  There's a blueprint there.  

Excited to see what else Matt Reeves does with The Batman sequel, Penguin HBO Max show and others.

Ezra might need to be in prison if those accusations are true. I didn't see anything about him being fired

I agree about the Rock. He's the same damn character in everything and so I just stopped watching his stuff

The Batman and Joker aren't even in the DCEU though lol

There's also the new Aquaman movie that everyone forgot about

They should just work on solo movies and build a clear foundation because it's a mess right now

I've read mixed articles about whether Cavill will come back as Superman. I thought he was a great Superman. He's got a ton of projects though

59 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

The Batman and Joker aren't even in the DCEU though lol

I guess it's hard to know what the DCEU is exactly.  Both these movies were produced by Warner Bros.  It's easier with MCU because Marvel started their own studio and there was a clear line with characters that were owned by other studios.  With Warner Bros they're using movies with Batman characters both in the EU versions and stand alone movies with different actors. 

As for Aquaman 2, I didn't see any news posted from Comic-Con about it.  That's another one with an actor with PR issues in Amber Heard. 

They probably just need to hit pause and as you said, make good stand alone solo movies.  Maybe even 2 or 3 characters showing up in each other's movies sometimes.  And exploring some new characters that haven't been on screen before.  It all comes down to the producers and directors with a good vision to begin with.

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I guess it's hard to know what the DCEU is exactly.  Both these movies were produced by Warner Bros.  It's easier with MCU because Marvel started their own studio and there was a clear line with characters that were owned by other studios.  With Warner Bros they're using movies with Batman characters both in the EU versions and stand alone movies with different actors. 

As for Aquaman 2, I didn't see any news posted from Comic-Con about it.  That's another one with an actor with PR issues in Amber Heard. 

They probably just need to hit pause and as you said, make good stand alone solo movies.  Maybe even 2 or 3 characters showing up in each other's movies sometimes.  And exploring some new characters that haven't been on screen before.  It all comes down to the producers and directors with a good vision to begin with.

No. Stick with the solo movies lol

They clearly need to do baby steps lol

• 3 weeks later...

Police Unable to Locate Mother and Her 3 Kids Who Were Staying with Ezra Miller in Vermont: Report

Ezra Miller reportedly claimed the family left the property two months ago, but authorities believe actor could be helping the mom "evade" an emergency order that's trying to remove the children from her custody

13 hours ago, The_Omega said:

(505) 842-4205

Warner Bros. Reportedly Considering Completely Scrapping 'The Flash'

Following Ezra Miller’s new arrest for burglary.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, The_Omega said:

That would be insane to scrap two movies, but they fudged up casting Miller. No one wanted that casting especially when tv Flash is great. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:13 PM, The_Omega said:

just recast it. nobody will miss miller. not even miller. 

• Like 2

anyone watching harley quinn show?  watched first two seasons  and really enjoyed it 

On 8/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

What with The Rock trying to change the story line with his character, Black Adam, and Shazam 

How is he trying to change the story?

On 8/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, homerpat said:

anyone watching harley quinn show?  watched first two seasons  and really enjoyed it 

Very funny show

• 2 months later...

Black Adam looks terrible and The Rock really trying to push it down our throats. It always backfires. 

On 10/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

Black Adam looks terrible and The Rock really trying to push it down our throats. It always backfires. 

I’ve heard some really good things about it. I’m gonna give it a watch in theaters I think

On 8/19/2022 at 3:50 PM, Mike030270 said:

Very funny show

def is. love that show. 

excited to see the new season of titans starting 11/3

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

Black Adam is already for sale and rental on digital. Any good?  Is it worth the cash?

it's almost worth if someone pays you to watch it

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Black Adam is already for sale and rental on digital. Any good?  Is it worth the cash?

Ive heard both ways. I want to watch it, but if it's gunna be on max soon, I might wait. 

James Gunn is now in charge of the DCEU. Building connected stories across animation & video games as well.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm not really a fan of that move. GOTG was great but 2 and 3 had a lot of forced humor

You saw the 3rd GOTG already!? Tell us more about the future! Lol. 

• Haha 2