DCU Thread

BFit

Going through DC movies with my son. Keaton's first Batman was still good upon rewatch. The Burton gothic look was good, dark enough movie. Still didn't like Joker being his parents killer. Had some corny stuff but it was the 80s.

Returns was the start of Batman being a supporting cast in his own movie. Penguin got annoying with his constant screaming, Catwoman still holds up & stole the show. It became too Burton-esque with the sets, costumes & props. Penguins crew were circus, Joker had clowns, Batman Forever had a circus, the villains are all basically campy clowns & circus acts the rest of the way. 

Keaton is getting some nostalgia glasses. He was good, but Bale was better. But that is partly because of Nolan's direction. It will still be cool seeing him in the Flash, but I wish they hadn't given that away in the trailer.

• Like 1

They need some kind of hook to desperately try to draw people in given that the lead actor is a violent predator.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

They need some kind of hook to desperately try to draw people in given that the lead actor is a violent predator.

predator vs batman.

Batman-vs-Predator.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is part of Gunn's DCU or part of the elseworld universe that's outside of his universe

Whack Adam was trash and I can’t believe they still try charging $30 for the physical copy of that movie 

On 3/5/2023 at 1:21 AM, NOTW said:

Going through DC movies with my son. Keaton's first Batman was still good upon rewatch. The Burton gothic look was good, dark enough movie. Still didn't like Joker being his parents killer. Had some corny stuff but it was the 80s.

Returns was the start of Batman being a supporting cast in his own movie. Penguin got annoying with his constant screaming, Catwoman still holds up & stole the show. It became too Burton-esque with the sets, costumes & props. Penguins crew were circus, Joker had clowns, Batman Forever had a circus, the villains are all basically campy clowns & circus acts the rest of the way. 

Keaton is getting some nostalgia glasses. He was good, but Bale was better. But that is partly because of Nolan's direction. It will still be cool seeing him in the Flash, but I wish they hadn't given that away in the trailer.

That’s what I liked about The Batman as it was centric to Batman. The Dark Knight was objectively a better movie overall, but The Batman was a better Batman movie. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Take Tony Soprano + Goodfellas + Batman universe:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Looks better than the stuff Marvel is putting out right now. 

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Looks good even if it isn't part of the new DCU

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, the only interesting thing about the FLASH movie is Batman :lol:

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The only reason I might watch it

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

A friend told me that the Flash trailer feels like one for a Batman movie; can't think why they'd hide Ezra Miller from the trailer.

Supposedly

Spoiler

Beware

Spoiler

Nic Cage, as Superman, appears in the background at one point in the film fighting a monster and there are other similar cameos too.

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

A friend told me that the Flash trailer feels like one for a Batman movie; can't think why they'd hide Ezra Miller from the trailer.

Supposedly

Hide contents

Beware

Hide contents

Nic Cage, as Superman, appears in the background at one point in the film fighting a monster and there are other similar cameos too.

They'll probably drop Ezra after this like they did Henry Cavill, Ezra because of his off screen issues.  They are basically showing all the Keaton Batman scenes in the trailers, ruining any surprise, good lines, etc.  I can't imagine there's much left they haven't shown of him.  By contrast, the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer didn't even show the other Spider-Men, they teased the villains.

If spoiler is true that sounds awful but with different versions of multi-verse it could be fun I don't know.  If you make it the gimmick instead of adding to a story it becomes kind of cringe.

58 minutes ago, NOTW said:

They'll probably drop Ezra after this like they did Henry Cavill, Ezra because of his off screen issues.  They are basically showing all the Keaton Batman scenes in the trailers, ruining any surprise, good lines, etc.  I can't imagine there's much left they haven't shown of him.  By contrast, the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer didn't even show the other Spider-Men, they teased the villains.

If spoiler is true that sounds awful but with different versions of multi-verse it could be fun I don't know.  If you make it the gimmick instead of adding to a story it becomes kind of cringe.

In context, the spoiler scene is supposed to be a background scene in the speed force showing different earths. There's supposed to be a batnips cameo the same way too

10 minutes ago, BFit said:

In context, the spoiler scene is supposed to be a background scene in the speed force showing different earths. There's supposed to be a batnips cameo the same way too

I would assume there would be some Easter Eggs or cameos.  Like how Justice League had Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter which they never did anything with.

54 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I would assume there would be some Easter Eggs or cameos.  Like how Justice League had Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter which they never did anything with.

im just hoping they pay off the CW flash cameo scene from a couple years ago.....

4 hours ago, BFit said:

That makes sense.  I didn't realise Cage was even for Superman until last month when I saw a picture of him in the suit.  How mad would that have been?

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

I am surprised they kept Miller for this film; they must have been too far gone financially to keep him in it, even with a smaller profile.  That is one weird dude

• 1 month later...

the flash was great. ezra actually did a great job. i hope they keep him around in the future

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BFit said:

the flash was great. ezra actually did a great job. i hope they keep him around in the future

Did we watch the same movie? :huh: 

28 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Yes, but I didn't have cat hair in my face the whole time... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/17/2023 at 2:57 AM, Agent23 said:

A friend of mine saw and said it was a broadly ok film, but more of a wait for Blu Ray/Streaming than going to a Cinema one.  They did rinse the VFX as a bit PS2 in places but that seems to be a WB thing in their films. I've never been that impressed by their VFX.

I thought Flash was pretty great. It's trendy to crap on DC movies though. Audience reviews have been good

Did a great job of mixing in the humor and not feeling forced. Lots of good emotional scenes. Action was really good too

I liked the actress who was Supergirl

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 2:42 PM, BFit said:

I thought he did a great job but he's been a menace in real life so I wouldn't be upset if they replaced him and went with a different Flash. They could introduce Wally or just get a different Barry