DCU Thread

BFit

6 hours ago, BFit said:

it did. im glad they left it out though, it kind of feels like it would have been forced

I would rather see that scene than the forced destroy the city with a flood scene.  Batman gets desperate to find Riddler and goes to see Joker.  It helps establish Bruce is walking a fine line where the good guys don't understand him but the bad guys do and adds to his realization he has to be more than just angry vengeance to help save the city.  The scene helps him understand the mind of the insane criminal better and helps him in dealing with the Riddler and get inside his head more, the world's greatest detective.  

Also Heath Ledger did a darker take on the Joker and Barry Keoghan said hold my beer.  Dang.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Also Heath Ledger did a darker take on the Joker and Barry Keoghan said hold my beer.  Dang.

It's incredible

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Looks like they are taking the Nolan approach with the deformity as how the joker got his smile or from someone effing him up. Either way dark and unsettling as the joker should be

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NOTW said:

The Batman is now streaming on HBO Max.

Just watched it. Took notice to some more great things about the movie!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just watched it. Took notice to some more great things about the movie!

Like what? 

I'm probably gonna watch tonight or tomorrow, and want to notice more of the cinematography.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Like what? 

I'm probably gonna watch tonight or tomorrow, and want to notice more of the cinematography.

Some of the fight scenes were better then I remembered in theater. They are actually more detailed then you would expect. Also the scene with him in Arkham with the riddler was just a great back and forth with Batman. I think around that time it was starting to drag a bit so I was losing some focus on that kind of stuff. 

I also understood the whole not wanting to be Bruce a bit better. That kind of stuff is hard to wrap your head around when we have basically seen the same kind of Batman forever now. So I'm loving that dynamic now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Like what? 

I didn't watch it completely though, it was mostly background noise while doing some cleaning up. 

Was looking to where the new Batman movie was being discussed. It's not part of the DCEU so I was surprised it didn't have a separate thread

This was great. I actually really wish I saw it in theaters. This would have been worth it

Spoiler

I can only imagine what that car would have sounded like in IMAX lol

I'm still shocked that was Colin Farrell. What a transformation. I'd like them to bring him back and build on him

The fighting was great. Loved how this was very strong in the detective side of Batman. People may think the movie dragged but I thought it was great how they showed that version

Was that the serum that Bane uses?

I'd love a sequel to this. He's only 35 so they could make a few movies with him. Keep whoever the hell produced and directed it

13 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Was looking to where the new Batman movie was being discussed. It's not part of the DCEU so I was surprised it didn't have a separate thread

This was great. I actually really wish I saw it in theaters. This would have been worth it

Hide contents

I'm still shocked that was Colin Farrell. What a transformation. I'd like them to bring him back and build on him

The fighting was great. Loved how this was very strong in the detective side of Batman. People may think the movie dragged but I thought it was great how they showed that version

I'd love a sequel to this. He's only 35 so they could make a few movies with him. Keep whoever the hell produced and directed it

It's in the DC Universe the same way the Joaquin Pheonix movie was...similar to the comic books where there are all different versions of stories and characters.  And anything DC gets put on HBO Max too.

It was a good theater experience for the sound, score and cinematography.  

I agree on the noir detective vibe, it was what a lot of fans wanted from Batman movies for a while.  Matt Reeves - who did the Planet of the Apes reboots - plans on making more movies.  This movie ends in a way that shows they intend a sequel.  

Upon re-watch, I appreciate Pattinson in the role even more.  There are some subtle things he does where he shows instead of tells, a certain look or posture or reaction that I think work really well.  For me though, Matt Reeves is the star in the way he directed and shot the movie.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

It's in the DC Universe the same way the Joaquin Pheonix movie was...similar to the comic books where there are all different versions of stories and characters.  And anything DC gets put on HBO Max too.

It was a good theater experience for the sound, score and cinematography.  

I agree on the noir detective vibe, it was what a lot of fans wanted from Batman movies for a while.  Matt Reeves - who did the Planet of the Apes reboots - plans on making more movies.  This movie ends in a way that shows they intend a sequel.  

Upon re-watch, I appreciate Pattinson in the role even more.  There are some subtle things he does where he shows instead of tells, a certain look or posture or reaction that I think work really well.  For me though, Matt Reeves is the star in the way he directed and shot the movie.

Maybe whoever commented on this movie in this thread will also be put on ignore. I guess these nerds think anything that wasn't in the snyderworst shouldn't be part of DC now 🤷

23 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Hide contents

HBO is developing an entire penguin series I believe 

• Like 1

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/the-batman-2-robert-pattinson-sequel#:~:text=In an interview with The,cool%2C” the director said.

In an interview with The Independent, Reeves said that he didn’t make The Batman with a sequel in mind but would like to tell more stories.

"We are already telling other stories in the streaming space, we’re doing stuff on HBO Max, we’re doing a Penguin show with Colin, which is gonna be super cool,” the director said. "And we’re working on some other stuff too, but we have started talking about another movie."

With another movie only in talks, fans still have the confirmed HBO Max spinoffs to look forward to. As Reeves mentioned, Colin Farrell’s villain, The Penguin, is getting his own series, as is Jeffrey Wright’s Jim Gordon. Few details are known about these projects, but they will likely address the aftermath of the Gotham flood and the attempted assassination of the city’s new mayor.

On 4/20/2022 at 11:00 PM, Mike030270 said:

Reveal hidden contents

It’s actually still in theaters. 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:11 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Just saw this and was going to post.  They showed their process in this full video:

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized Zoe Kravitz was the voice of Catwoman in The Lego Batman movie 5 years ago.

• 2 months later...

They definitely need to get suicide watch on Dano if he's getting that into the character. Don't want another Ledger situation.