DCU Thread

BFit

On 12/3/2022 at 6:10 PM, Agent23 said:

I remember it being fun and enjoyable. Just released about 5 years later than what would have made sense. 

But FloPugh was not prominent 5 years prior so I’m glad we got it when we did 

On 12/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, NOTW said:

Nope. BW isn't as bad as people thought. Thor 2, Thor 4, Iron Man 3 are all worse. 

i dont know what you guys watched, but BW is the only marvel movie ive fallen asleep during, twice....

26 minutes ago, BFit said:

i dont know what you guys watched, but BW is the only marvel movie ive fallen asleep during, twice....

Then I'm sorry to inform you: you're gay.  Yelena alone is worth watching.

It's bottom tier but not the worst.  It at least has a lot of action throughout, and has Florence Pugh.  There are some dumb things in it and it should've been released after Civil War to make sense in the timeline.  They could have dealt with the family dynamic with a little better writing leading up to her sacrifice in End Game fighting along side her true family that embraced her.  They tried too much comedy.  It should have been done just like Winter Soldier.

I'd rather re-watch BW 10 times than have to watch WW84 one more time, it was dreadful.

• Like 2

I'd put BW in the same tier as Captain Marvel, and I didn't hate either one of them.  They were fun enough for what they were. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

DC is all over the place.  They just had Cavill in a post-credit cameo in Black Adam, but he won't be back they're making a new Superman movie with a younger actor.  But according to Gunn they might work with Cavill in the future.  Different universes just like the Batmans.  Ben Affleck will be Batman in the Flash movie but there's also The Batman movies with Robert Pattinson.  And they're still doing the Joker series.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/superman-henry-cavill-james-gunn-ben-affleck-dc-1235199737/

In a tweet tonight, Gunn writes:

"Peter and I have a DC slate ready to go, which we couldn’t be more over-the-moon about; we’ll be able to share some exciting information about our first projects at the beginning of the new year.

"Among those on the slate is Superman. In the initial stages, our story will be focusing on an earlier part of Superman’s life, so the character will not be played by Henry Cavill.

"But we just had a great meeting with Henry and we’re big fans and we talked about a number of exciting possibilities to work together in the future.”

Cavil is the 3rd to play Superman in movies, there have been several on TV shows.  But DC still doesn't have a plan and are resetting.  Different versions of characters not connected.  Going with a young 20 year old or something to start over is a bad idea I think.  Should have continued with Cavill.

• Like 1

FB_IMG_1671401399363.jpg

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Cavil is the 3rd to play Superman in movies, there have been several on TV shows.  But DC still doesn't have a plan and are resetting.  Different versions of characters not connected.  Going with a young 20 year old or something to start over is a bad idea I think.  Should have continued with Cavill.

Especially with how good the de-aging technology is getting 

• Haha 3

Yeah it's not like Cavill was in a post-credit scene in a movie like 5 years ago, it was a few months ago and now he won't be back.  They don't know what they're doing, don't have a plan. They gave Snyder the keys, then went with different directors now going all in on Gunn.  

They don't have a Kevin Feige and it shows.

I’ll give them a pass. They’re doing a hard reset. Unfortunately Cavill was the best of the most recent Old Guard and got screwed. Wonder if they’re quitting on Black Adam and Shazam

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah it's not like Cavill was in a post-credit scene in a movie like 5 years ago, it was a few months ago and now he won't be back.  They don't know what they're doing, don't have a plan. They gave Snyder the keys, then went with different directors now going all in on Gunn.  

They don't have a Kevin Feige and it shows.

i just watched black adam and enjoyed it. what a dumb move IMO and yes, especially after that post-credit scene. 

i get that gunn what to clean this mess up, but i dont think you have to axe the actors. how about some better scripts ? 

13 hours ago, homerpat said:

I’ll give them a pass. They’re doing a hard reset. Unfortunately Cavill was the best of the most recent Old Guard and got screwed. Wonder if they’re quitting on Black Adam and Shazam

Shazam has an upcoming sequel that they’re constantly showing trailers for. Quitting on that would mean shelving the film, not unlike dozens of finished products before it have had happen in the movie world 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Shazam has an upcoming sequel that they’re constantly showing trailers for. Quitting on that would mean shelving the film, not unlike dozens of finished products before it have had happen in the movie world 

didn’t they cancel BatGirl

Saw a video joke about James Gunn's first meeting to take over DCEU.  He essentially talks about how disjoined the DCEU has been and that Gunn has to take over but what he can and can't do.

• Keep the JL but only Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman actors
  • Keep Aquaman but not his girlfriend because of Amber Heard
  • Keep Suicide Squad, except the scenes with Leto Joker and Affleck Batman pretend those didn't happen
  • Keep a separate Joker prequel not connected to the Suicide Squad that will have Lady Gaga as another Harley Quinn
  • Keep The Batman series with yet a 3rd Joker
  • Retcon WW84
  • Unsure if you can use the upcoming Flash movie that was going to reignite the franchise and bring in the multiverse because of Ezra Miller's off screen troubles
  • We just put Henry Cavill as Superman in a post-credit scene in Black Adam so fans will expect to see them in another movie

Oh is that all?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Saw that the new DCU will be inspired by Justice League Unlimited. That's awesome

I prefer the Justice League Banana Republic.  BTW, not sure, regarding Black Adam, that I'd agree that they "did great". <_<

All 10 people who liked Black Adam are very proud of what The Rock brought to the role.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

All 10 people who liked Black Adam are very proud of what The Rock brought to the role.

I enjoyed it.... :ph34r:

• Like 1