DCU Thread

BFit

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ok new problem why the F was this version of of jared leto's joker not in the suicide squad?? Unless I'm seeing something else it's not the same this version now actually good

Ask Zack Snyder, he produced all these movies (yet mike said they need to hand Snyder the franchise to fix it).

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Ask Zack Snyder, he produced all these movies (yet mike said they need to hand Snyder the franchise to fix it).

Well yes because Snyder is the only way these movies will be the awesome. 

• Like 1

Get past his annoying voice, makes good points.  

• WW stopping a bomb in the bank:  uses her wrist cuffs to make an explosion blowing up half the bank in front of the kids.
  • Aquaman just happens to be in the water right where the tunnel blows up.
  • The Martian Manhunter reveal takes away from the emotion of the scene with Lois and Martha.  

Not to mention MM was around and interacting with these characters, then shows up at the end to tell Bruce if you need me holla...well, we needed help with this threat where were you?  :lol:  Just things thrown together to look cool without worrying about story structure.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

• WW stopping a bomb in the bank:  uses her wrist cuffs to make an explosion blowing up half the bank in front of the kids.
  • The Martian Manhunter reveal takes away from the emotion of the scene with Lois and Martha.  

Not to mention MM was around and interacting with these characters, then shows up at the end to tell Bruce if you need me holla...well, we needed help with this threat where were you?  :lol:  Just things thrown together to look cool without worrying about story structure.

We need no structure fool

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

IGN: 10% of the Snyder Cut Is In Slow Motion.

https://www.ign.com/articles/snyder-cut-justice-league-10-slow-motion-slo-mo

25 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The MM scenes and the last part of the movie (the nightmare scenes) were nothing but fan service for the fanboys. They didn't fit into the movie at all, and Snyder knows his "universe" is done so they don't need to fit into any future movie universe either. 

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

The MM scenes and the last part of the movie (the nightmare scenes) were nothing but fan service for the fanboys. They didn't fit into the movie at all, and Snyder knows his "universe" is done so they don't need to fit into any future movie universe either. 

Don't be bringing that hate in here!! Either like the movie or get out!

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:55 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

can't stop listening to this. 

22 minutes ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

can't stop listening to this. 

That's one of my favorite bits they do lol

On 3/20/2021 at 4:27 PM, Boogyman said:

The entire DCEU is and was broken anyway. They need a reboot and need to stop acting like they need to catch up to the MCU. Most fans just want to see good movies. 

Also the guy that plays the Flash is awful.

100%.  Ezra was an AWFUL choice as Flash.  My favorite comic character of all time by far got the worst casting choice.  

On 3/22/2021 at 1:10 AM, Bill said:

One of the glaring problems is outside of Nolan, the Russo brothers, Favreau, and Waititi, there is a distinct lack of talent when it comes to comic movie directors. TBH I think the Apes dude is going to murder it with "The Batman”, but outside of that there is nothing. The studios, WB in particular, need to find damn good directors if they want to make bank. People will show up for a good movie. 

Also, it’s painfully obvious how much Whedon reshot this movie, and even more painful how he could take a C movie and somehow make it worse. I don’t understand how he gets work. Looking at the differences if I was an exec that hired him to do reshoots and then saw what he came up with I’d be furious. WB should have listened to Nolan and only done solo movies and no team ups. The only thing I can give Snyder an A+ grade on is casting. Dude nailed that. Outside of that no. The BvS and JL fiascos robbed us of an Affleck directed Batman, which IMO would have been dope. FWIW I actually liked Affleck as Batman. It’s a shame he didn’t have a director worth a damn. 

Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman to date, even over Bale.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, NOTW said:

Agree on most points.  I didn't like the Flash or Cyborg casting, Flash was ok but maybe how they used him idk.  Was he always a wimpy scared nerd cracking jokes constantly in the comics?

Whedon did a great job with the Avengers.  This was odd.  Seeing the 4 hour version I can see how it would be tough to make it into one 2 hour movie.  But his version also had bad CGI and colors, at least the Snyder cut looked a LOT better.

They were too rushed to try and catch up to Marvel.  They should have either waited for Snyder to finish or get someone who shared the vision to carry it out to a 2 part movie.  Mismanaged all around really.

No, not at all.  The jokes yes, but not the wimpy coward.  There's always debate that the Flash due to his power set is one of, if not the, most powerful superheroes in all comics.

On 3/23/2021 at 12:10 AM, BFit said:

Now that, that was the movie I wanted to see in 2017! The only bad part of this movie is Snyder won't get to finish out his trilogy, and that's a travesty.

Pretty sure that was Aries

Yes, it was Ares.

46 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

100%.  Ezra was an AWFUL choice as Flash.  My favorite comic character of all time by far got the worst casting choice.  

He's my favorite also. He sucked in both versions of JL.

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Does DC FINALLY have a hit on their hands? Looks great so far 

Well it is a marvel producer making it

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well it is a marvel producer making it

Saw that. Is Gunn the guy that they tried 5o cancel with old Tweets? 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Saw that. Is Gunn the guy that they tried 5o cancel with old Tweets? 

Yes lol. Then disney realized guardians of the galaxy would be garbage without him and let him back in. 

• Like 1

So Guardians of the Galaxy meets Amazon's The Boys.

Not sold on it but hopefully better than the first which should be easy since it was terrible. 

• Like 2

Prolonged discussion about eating a big bag of d’s?  From the director of Guardians of the Galaxy, screenplay by WU.

• Haha 1

Wrestler playing a superhero? Check.

Creature for comic relief who barely talks? Check.

70s soundtrack? Check.

Actors from the MCU:  Michael Rooker, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, Idris Elba, Taika Waititi, Mikaela Hoover.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Wrestler playing a superhero? Check.

Creature for comic relief who barely talks? Check.

70s soundtrack? Check.

Actors from the MCU:  Michael Rooker, Sean Gunn, Sylvester Stallone, Idris Elba, Taika Waititi, Mikaela Hoover.

Sounds like a win to me! Let's see marvel keep up with DC for this Phase!

46 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Sounds like a win to me! Let's see marvel keep up with DC for this Phase!

53iexg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3