DCU Thread

BFit

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Fanboys? See that's where I know this conversation is already lost. You revert to that

Google 4.8/5

IMDB 8.5/10

96% RT

You don't like it. Ok. So why are you in here?

To discuss the movie, I'm the first one to post a message about it so... I actually like DC more then marvel. It's all getting blown up again anyways so no reason to have any attachment to it. 

Where are you getting those numbers from? Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 78% and metacritic has it at a 55% 

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

image.png.cce3ebdb96408565ac4ea8b6f7ad0326.png

Cool glad fans of DC loved the movie. I love DC too but still think the movie was terrible. It's the same kind of people that think every marvel movie is a masterpiece and they are not even close either. 

58 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Fanboys? See that's where I know this conversation is already lost. You revert to that

Google 4.8/5

IMDB 8.5/10

96% RT

You don't like it. Ok. So why are you in here?

Only people that liked the movie can talk about it? 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

To discuss the movie, I'm the first one to post a message about it so... I actually like DC more then marvel. It's all getting blown up again anyways so no reason to have any attachment to it. 

Where are you getting those numbers from? Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 78% and metacritic has it at a 55% 

I like the DC characters and stories way more than Marvel. They just unfortunately crap movies. Most of the animated DC movies are awesome IMO.

• Like 1

Someone change the title of this thread to Talk About DCEU But Only if You Liked The Last Movie That Came out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I will say the CGI was much better in this version. Darkseid was horrible though. He looked like someone ordered him off Wish.

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

Example: Lois walking in the rain slo mo with special effects showing rain drops with a moody song...completely unnecessary 

He def could have cut a lot of that. And I get people being critical. Was too long too be sure, but to say it was just bad, you either went in wanting to hate it or just can’t say it was decent even if it wasn’t your cup of tea. I get the criticism, but also feel he did a much better job fleshing out characters and motivations. Fixed the garbage cgi. Added to story with actual purpose etc. but yeah could cut half hour right off beginning with Lois crap

and not sure how to portray Darkseid. Looked pretty much exactly how I expected. 

• Like 1

I mean it's one thing to say it was better than the original. I'll even go as far as say it was a lot better than I expected and I enjoyed a decent portion of it. And gave much more of a sense of an ongoing universe ala Marvel (Darkseid is coming!). But it wasn't a good movie either. Or even a good superhero movie. It was just a lot less bad. 

7 hours ago, Boogyman said:

Someone change the title of this thread to Talk About DCEU But Only if You Liked The Last Movie That Came out.

:roll:

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

:roll:

Did you finish the other 6 hrs yet?

Saying this version is better than the Weedon version is like saying any movie is better then BvS. It means almost nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotten through probably a third of it. 

Its so f'ing clunky and expositional. Snyder would make a decent cinematographer but he can’t edit a movie for ish. 

• Like 2

Should've started with the golden age battle. Then go to aftermath of Superman's death. Bruce getting turned down by Arthur and Cyborg. The hope of building a team not going well.

Then Steppenwolf vs the Amazons, warning Diana. Then Diana explains the situation to Bruce and "part 1" ends with Steppenwolf planning to go after the 2nd box, and Bruce and Diana targeting another recruit: Barry Allen. 

Part 2 opens with Steppenwolf getting the box from Atlantis, then the Flash and joining Bruce and go from there.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

Gotten through probably a third of it. 

Its so f'ing clunky and expositional. Snyder would make a decent cinematographer but he can’t edit a movie for ish. 

There's a good video on YouTube explaining Snyder likes scenes over story. He likes certain artistic visuals and he pieces them together and the pacing, editing and story may be lacking. 

The Flash intro should've been better. Why did he need to break the glass? Because Snyder thought it would look neat.

If he's so fast that he can stop to stare at the girl crashing and wait, then why not just open the door? The whole idea is people don't see him, but breaking the door might give his away his ability, and the woman knows who he is with his resume he was there for an interview. 

Then it stole from Quicksilver in X-men with the slow mo. Just have him move fast, take action and be back inside and he acts just as shocked as the woman.