dd5cc01ac225ccbe14d2407b34d8511598475956

dcb7304cffbed0f8786c5c0a3aa64a883d7d3a9f

fc9a97de15a5b3646f677c1a39b5083c0aa03c9c

500a55885c14f4e7c70c644e19bb9302094fc6f1

790be9767848fff0e090f37dae1ffd5e9cbdf40c

07528c07a706c0783205329d3a52ef8072765438

2bd1b7df26164617309512e0ca6bbbc121004ae9

c7eef8f60849a340dcf26b3585c73f78b40e1071

You know, at first I thought the movie was crap. But after seeing these gifs...yeah it was still crap.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

You know, at first I thought the movie was crap. But after seeing these gifs...yeah it was still crap.

Lol ok? I care because? You hate the movie. It’s been noted. Why are you still quoting me about it?

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Lol ok? I care because? You hate the movie. It’s been noted. Why are you still quoting me about it?

🤣

I thought it was better than the first one, but still not that good.  The character development and backstories were better as the first one everything seemed so rushed and thrown together.  However, this film could have been closer to 3 hours than 4 if Snyder would stop with the slo-mo over-dramatized trying to make some huge statement scenes.  Let the story be the baseline, not these individual moments of grandeur.  It reminds me of when David 'The Butcher' Yates took over directing the Harry Potter films and he just had to have his 'this is what my interpretation of good vs evil is' moments that were basically ish and nothing like the books. 

I couldn't see spending another 4 hours of my time watching that. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I thought it was better than the first one, but still not that good.  The character development and backstories were better as the first one everything seemed so rushed and thrown together.  However, this film could have been closer to 3 hours than 4 if Snyder would stop with the slo-mo over-dramatized trying to make some huge statement scenes.  Let the story be the baseline, not these individual moments of grandeur.  It reminds me of when David 'The Butcher' Yates took over directing the Harry Potter films and he just had to have his 'this is what my interpretation of good vs evil is' moments that were basically ish and nothing like the books. 

I couldn't see spending another 4 hours of my time watching that. 

This. I doubt I'll ever watch it again unless it's over 3 nights as something to watch while I fall asleep. It was better, but it was the length that made it better story wise, if that makes any sense.

40 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I thought it was better than the first one, but still not that good. 

image.gif.01956f4f09950c039e0f4cdab6a9dc2a.gif

35 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

This. I doubt I'll ever watch it again unless it's over 3 nights as something to watch while I fall asleep. It was better, but it was the length that made it better story wise, if that makes any sense.

If you need to add another 2 hrs to make a movie make sense or better shows what a mess it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If you need to add another 2 hrs to make a movie make sense or better shows what a mess it is. 

Agreed

The Snyder cut moved JL from an F to a C. Which is still an F, in my book. That and BvS. BvS and/or JL are a failure if they’re not an A+ movie.

Seeing the trinity on film shouldn’t be dog ish. It should be like kissing God with a mouthful of Scotch. 

• Like 1

Also watching this movie it is completely obvious that Snyder does not get Batman as a character. Batman was the best part of BvS and all his lines were written by Affleck and the other Argo dude. Like it’s sad how no one gets Batman. He’s a brooding A-Hole. He doesn’t have faith. At all. Ever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you finish the other 6 hrs yet?

So I'm watching the 2nd set of 2 hours now. I started right when they teamed up and went into the tunnels after Steppenwolf. That was MUCH better. I liked that Batman and Flash had more to do. 

And everytime WW starts to kick ass and her soundtrack plays, I think it works...because of her solo movie. She's always a bright spot. 

I could not care less about Cyborg. Idk if it's the actor or costume or what. Just can't get into his character. BUT, his character does make more sense now. They did his origin story here instead of a solo movie. 

The Flash scene also once again ripped off Quicksilver tho. But at least he was useful and not a wimp.

Off to a much better start this half but still as Bill said, this should be way more epic and Batman as hopeful is too much. He should be more war-like, recruiting soldiers. 

He would also be the one cautioning against bringing back Superman and leaving this up to alien technology and magic.

Who was the dude that caught Darkseid with the axe?

7 hours ago, Boogyman said:

@Mike030270 the gifs take up bandwidth, and not enjoyable for anyone (I say this about anything I like too).  We saw it, we don't need 45 gifs about it.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

@Mike030270 the gifs take up bandwidth, and not enjoyable for anyone (I say this about anything I like too).  We saw it, we don't need 45 gifs about it.

Then don't look

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

The Snyder cut moved JL from an F to a C. Which is still an F, in my book. That and BvS. BvS and/or JL are a failure if they’re not an A+ movie.

Seeing the trinity on film shouldn’t be dog ish. It should be like kissing God with a mouthful of Scotch. 

That's a helluva line, that is.  And not just pertaining to the DC trinity films, but to anything.

Funny, but I was just on IMDB checking something out and on the home page for suggested viewing they had both Snyder's JL and Endgame and both have 8.4 ratings.  Sorry, but Endgame is like a full 2 points better than JL.  I wonder if the majority of people who were so disappointed with the first JL were just so happy with this version not being a pure POS like the first one that they overrate it.  I don't want to sound like I'm dumping on Snyder's version as it's not bad, but as you say even if you think it's OK/decent, that should be disappointing.  DC has the top 2 superheroes in Superman and Batman yet as a studio they have come up short, other than Nolan's Batman trilogy. 

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So I'm watching the 2nd set of 2 hours now. I started right when they teamed up and went into the tunnels after Steppenwolf. That was MUCH better. I liked that Batman and Flash had more to do. 

And everytime WW starts to kick ass and her soundtrack plays, I think it works...because of her solo movie. She's always a bright spot. 

I could not care less about Cyborg. Idk if it's the actor or costume or what. Just can't get into his character. BUT, his character does make more sense now. They did his origin story here instead of a solo movie. 

The Flash scene also once again ripped off Quicksilver tho. But at least he was useful and not a wimp.

Off to a much better start this half but still as Bill said, this should be way more epic and Batman as hopeful is too much. He should be more war-like, recruiting soldiers. 

He would also be the one cautioning against bringing back Superman and leaving this up to alien technology and magic.

I'm going to try and watch the second half again. I'm pretty sure that's when I started falling asleep lol.

I really do want to like this movie because I actually do like Afflecks batman and I like his action scenes. 

It's hard to give a sheet about a 4 hour movie even if it's good. It's rare for a 3 hour movie to not at some point say to myself damn this movie is long... Endgame is one of those rare movies that I didn't realize I was even watching it that long. 

1 hour ago, Green_Guinness said:

I wonder if the majority of people who were so disappointed with the first JL were just so happy with this version not being a pure POS like the first one that they overrate it. 

This. They're desperate for it to be not just good, but great. I see the DC fanboys on every MCU social media post trashing it. Same with Marvel fans who can't like anything DC.

Bill was accurate: the Whedon version was an F, this was a C.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm going to try and watch the second half again. I'm pretty sure that's when I started falling asleep lol.

I really do want to like this movie because I actually do like Afflecks batman and I like his action scenes. 

It's hard to give a sheet about a 4 hour movie even if it's good. It's rare for a 3 hour movie to not at some point say to myself damn this movie is long... Endgame is one of those rare movies that I didn't realize I was even watching it that long. 

There's some good Batman action in the 2nd half. His dialogue isn't good, but he at least kicks ass.

One of the glaring problems is outside of Nolan, the Russo brothers, Favreau, and Waititi, there is a distinct lack of talent when it comes to comic movie directors. TBH I think the Apes dude is going to murder it with "The Batman”, but outside of that there is nothing. The studios, WB in particular, need to find damn good directors if they want to make bank. People will show up for a good movie. 

Also, it’s painfully obvious how much Whedon reshot this movie, and even more painful how he could take a C movie and somehow make it worse. I don’t understand how he gets work. Looking at the differences if I was an exec that hired him to do reshoots and then saw what he came up with I’d be furious. WB should have listened to Nolan and only done solo movies and no team ups. The only thing I can give Snyder an A+ grade on is casting. Dude nailed that. Outside of that no. The BvS and JL fiascos robbed us of an Affleck directed Batman, which IMO would have been dope. FWIW I actually liked Affleck as Batman. It’s a shame he didn’t have a director worth a damn. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bill said:

WB should have listened to Nolan and only done solo movies and no team ups

To successfully do the team up movies I think you've got to be very patient and very clever. We have to love the characters or have some kind of connection with them. We don't have that in the DCEU.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To successfully do the team up movies I think you've got to be very patient and very clever. We have to love the characters or have some kind of connection with them. We don't have that in the DCEU.

It would also help if they got actors willing to stick with the role longer then 1 film. They sell us on some of these guys and then we actually end up liking them and then they are gone after 1 movie. Rebooting the character over and over again because of them actors doesn't help us connect to anyone of the either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This. Its hard to add 3 or 4 "superstar" superheros and villians at once and expect their characters can be developed over the course of one film. It becomes a huge cluster-f.

• Like 1