**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

50 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Apparently Doc's staff blames Harden for the firing, despite Morey taking credit for it at his PC.

Wonder how much impact this has on the coaching search when the player, who you know is a partier, gets coddled by the GM and ownership and they are willing to let a coach go for him.

Well on Monday were talks of Doc staying and Tuesday he was fired. So someone talked and made it known. 

You talking about Embiid or Harden besides the partying that is also Embiid. The culture is dead in Philly and don't think a new coach will fix it. 

People blame Harden for Doc's firing, I credit him for it.  Too bad it didn't happen a year ago.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Well on Monday were talks of Doc staying and Tuesday he was fired. So someone talked and made it known. 

You talking about Embiid or Harden besides the partying that is also Embiid. The culture is dead in Philly and don't think a new coach will fix it. 

Its a mismatch of goals between the reason the team brought in Doc, and what Harden represents.

Brett Brown had a great culture of togetherness and friendship on the team but had 2 young super stars who werent motivated to play their best on many nights, 1 wasnt working on developing, and the other was not interested enough to stay in shape.

They brought Doc in for accountability. But Morey brought in Harden, and they apparently expected Doc to be OK with his partying.

Youre right. Culture is dead. And no coach will fix it. It seems no coach will be allowed to even try. They chose Harden and his partying over culture.

Embiid has never been the leader to set up a culture of accountability, and instilling a will to win in his team. Demanding greatness from everyone. And Harden is just out there for money to support his partying habit. Morey is apparently going to have to find a coach who allows both.

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

People blame Harden for Doc's firing, I credit him for it.  Too bad it didn't happen a year ago.

i blame morey for giving harden any say whatsoever in the decision. the guy has been here 1.5 years & played like a dog most of the playoffs & you're letting him have say? :nonono: 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i blame morey for giving harden any say whatsoever in the decision. the guy has been here 1.5 years & played like a dog most of the playoffs & you're letting him have say? :nonono: 

sure would have been nicer to hear that Morey just wasnt happy with still not getting past the 2nd round.

Should have been based on his performance. Not players opinions that Doc didnt like him partying. 

So now Morey makes it clear we are trying to hitch our wagon to Harden. Good that Doc is gone, but still heading down the wrong path here.

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

You'd rather have Doc coaching next year too?  You do you boo.

1 minute ago, The_Omega said:

You'd rather have Doc coaching next year too?  You do you boo.

is that what the voices in your head told you?  because it's sure not what i posted. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

is that what the voices in your head told you?  

you just met meg ? 

it was said earlier and it's true, any kind of culture is dead for this team. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

is that what the voices in your head told you?  because it's sure not what i posted. 

The voices in my head told me that we'd be better off if Harden hadn't spoke up and gotten Doc fired.  They're crazy too.

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i know it would probably mean taking a step back next season...but i just can't imagine another 3-4 years of harden getting older, fatter, slower, & even less effective. the team is already brutal to watch. 

I'd rather next year be a throw away year and let Maxey try to develop at the point. Then at the end of the year you have Harden and Harris' salaries off the books and can go after someone good. 

4 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I'd rather next year be a throw away year and let Maxey try to develop at the point. Then at the end of the year you have Harden and Harris' salaries off the books and can go after someone good. 

yeah...i'm hoping they sign a coach that harden hates so he'll sign elsewhere. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

fingers-crossed-luck.gif

If that’s the case, the Sixers might be better off just holding onto Tobias Harris for this last year of his contract because you’re gonna be pretty close to a max slot at the end of next year when he comes off the books. Granted it’s not a great free agent class then either, and you really don’t have assets to make a trade to get a star. Frankly, I think by next off-season Joel Embiid is going to ask to be traded. That has been my thought throughout all of this. Although would be awesome if the sixers got jaylen brown in FA in 2024. Maxey, brown and embiid is a nice trio 

also the rockets giving him a 4 year max is hilarious. theres a chance they get screwed by year 2 of that deal if he gets fat and is more washed and they are stuck in that deal where they could be adding in FA around their young core. Frankly also tells me harden cares more about his lifestyle than winning. It’s why he’s will always be considered a losing type star. Besides the fact he went to asu lol 

41 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

fingers-crossed-luck.gif

So you've spent the past day clutching your pearls for no reason?  That's a relief.

Hire nick nurse.

Embiid hates him.  Embiid leaves. 

Harden leaves. 

Trade Harris for draft picks. 

Tank for our own draft pick.

Go wild in free agency 2024

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hire nick nurse.

Harden leaves. 

There are certainly far worse outcomes than this.  I'd be on board.

13 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Hire nick nurse.

Harden leaves. 

I want nurse but frankly if we are gonna just wind up trading embiid as he knows embiid hates him then I’m doubting he comes here. Have a feeling Phoenix offers him that job. Based off listening ti Hoffman/bodner and Kyle neubeck embiid wanted d’antoni last time and Simmons wanted lue. They compromised on rivers. I’d be willing to bet it’s d’antoni regardless if harden comes back. 

can't stand that players have so much power when it comes to which coaches get hired...but that's the nba!  

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I want nurse but frankly if we are gonna just wind up trading embiid as he knows embiid hates him then I’m doubting he comes here. Have a feeling Phoenix offers him that job. Based off listening ti Hoffman/bodner and Kyle neubeck embiid wanted d’antoni last time and Simmons wanted lue. They compromised on rivers. I’d be willing to bet it’s d’antoni regardless if harden comes back. 

I know I'm fully expecting MDA

Knicks beat reporter from the NY Daily News. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I know I'm fully expecting MDA

I still can’t believe his odds at DK is +800 that’s ridiculous considering the fact i think he’s at least going to be 1 of the 2 finalist 

2 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Knicks beat reporter from the NY Daily News. 

I’m guessing Knicks, Miami and Portland would be the 3 teams that make the most sense if he asks to be traded. I still think he’s here next year. 2024 is the year i think it all goes down 

10 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m guessing Knicks, Miami and Portland would be the 3 teams that make the most sense if he asks to be traded. I still think he’s here next year. 2024 is the year i think it all goes down 

I said the Knicks over the winter and got told no way. 

Sixers are Fed, rip off the band aid and start over. 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I said the Knicks over the winter and got told no way. 

Sixers are Fed, rip off the band aid and start over. 

I still think the sixers won’t trade him in division. I could see it in conference but harder time seeing it in division so I’m guessing they Knicks would have to blow them out of the water with an offer. Plus i also think there’s gonna be a better offer than the Knicks. Most of the Knicks firsts from other teams but have protections on them and makes those picks not nearly as valuable. The picks from the Knicks that are valuable are 2026-2030 (unprotected) which in fairness so would any team at that time that picks up embiid 

so player wise if it’s Miami or Knicks, Bam and Herro is better than the players the Knicks could involved. The one thing the Knicks have over Miami is all those 1st from other teams but have a ton of protections where they may not even convey (wiz picks are a joke as they are never conveying and become 2nd rounders) and if they do they are very likely mid teen to early 20s when they do. The valuable picks are 2026-2030 with no protections.

It’s why like you said portland makes more sense cause you get no. 3 overall right now plus those 2026-2030 picks plus Simons and sharpe as young core players. add on embiid would want to play with lillard 

I love the chaos. Its not easy to convince a team to make big moves like this. Fans know its time but the team clings to any slim hope and tries to hold on to stars. We would be so lucky if the players just force their way out, and force a rebuild. 

• Like 2