**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

Not sure I want him at this point. He is old, injury prone, and not as good as he use to be. I’m sure the contract will be hefty. But if he is the all in move, I understand it. And then a lot of picks to make trades. If it happens, at least Embiid will have a teammate to hang out with when they both get injured. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

IMG_1841.thumb.png.c5c4cfc02b5dc44daf165b220fa444f6.png

That has to be a heavy pass but it's a Morey move 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That has to be a heavy pass but it's a Morey move 

It’s clear that 2 stars is all you need these days. We saw how the team looked with Joel, Maxey and decent role players/depth. Gotta get creative with trades using our picks. Our 3rd best player doesn’t need to be a star, just a really dependable guy who can score at least 18ppg and make an impact on both sides. Of the current players, I’m only interested in signing Hield, Oubre, and Lowry. Oubre and Lowry if the price is right. 

Oubre is valuable as a 7th man but gets exposed as a starter in long stretches. Lowry is a smart player and can be the back up or play with Maxey at times. 

2 hours ago, Khani1 said:

It’s clear that 2 stars is all you need these days. We saw how the team looked with Joel, Maxey and decent role players/depth. Gotta get creative with trades using our picks. Our 3rd best player doesn’t need to be a star, just a really dependable guy who can score at least 18ppg and make an impact on both sides. Of the current players, I’m only interested in signing Hield, Oubre, and Lowry. Oubre and Lowry if the price is right. 

Oubre is valuable as a 7th man but gets exposed as a starter in long stretches. Lowry is a smart player and can be the back up or play with Maxey at times. 

OG was that guy. Best wing defender in the league 

Do the Pelicans really want to get off Herb Jones and play more Trey Murphy. I highly doubt it and he is the only guy that I can think of that fits a role. 

• Like 1

Harris is reverse Ben Simmons. He is trying to play tonight but we don’t want him! Sit out the rest of the year please. 

The NBA has announced that the NBA G League Ignite will cease operations after the current season. The league said that "the decision to end the program comes amid the changing basketball landscape, including the NCAA’s Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) policy and the advent of collectives and the transfer portal."

Nine Ignite veterans are currently in the NBA, including key contributors Dyson Daniels (New Orleans Pelicans), Jalen Green (Houston Rockets), Scoot Henderson (Portland Trail Blazers) and 2022 NBA champion Jonathan Kuminga (Golden State Warriors).

"Four years ago, we started Ignite to fill a void in the basketball landscape, and I’m proud of the contributions we were able to make to that ecosystem,” said Sharif Abdur-Rahim.  "With the changing environment across youth and collegiate basketball, now is the right time to take this step.  I want to extend my sincere gratitude to general manager Anthony McClish, head coach Jason Hart and their staff and to each player who wore an Ignite jersey.  As ever, the G League’s commitment to developing top NBA talent and helping players achieve their NBA dreams is unwavering.”

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

The NBA has announced that the NBA G League Ignite will cease operations after the current season. The league said that "the decision to end the program comes amid the changing basketball landscape, including the NCAA’s Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) policy and the advent of collectives and the transfer portal."

Nine Ignite veterans are currently in the NBA, including key contributors Dyson Daniels (New Orleans Pelicans), Jalen Green (Houston Rockets), Scoot Henderson (Portland Trail Blazers) and 2022 NBA champion Jonathan Kuminga (Golden State Warriors).

"Four years ago, we started Ignite to fill a void in the basketball landscape, and I’m proud of the contributions we were able to make to that ecosystem,” said Sharif Abdur-Rahim.  "With the changing environment across youth and collegiate basketball, now is the right time to take this step.  I want to extend my sincere gratitude to general manager Anthony McClish, head coach Jason Hart and their staff and to each player who wore an Ignite jersey.  As ever, the G League’s commitment to developing top NBA talent and helping players achieve their NBA dreams is unwavering.”

NIL made it irrelevant 

I think I’d rather miss making the playoffs than have to get the 8th seed and play Boston round 1. 

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I think I’d rather miss making the playoffs than have to get the 8th seed and play Boston round 1. 

100%

• Like 1

Maxey being the guy in a playoff series is valuable. Defenses run basic stuff during the season but seeing if he can navigate a series where defenses adjust would help his growth 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maxey being the guy in a playoff series is valuable. Defenses run basic stuff during the season but seeing if he can navigate a series where defenses adjust would help his growth 

With Tobi on the floor, Maxey will not have much room to operate. But I guess playoff experience against a top team in the NBA is worth something. 

Surprised he is still getting chances

I thought Embiid was supposed to be back by now?  Did he actually get the more extensive surgery and that's why it's taking so long?

5 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I thought Embiid was supposed to be back by now?  Did he actually get the more extensive surgery and that's why it's taking so long?

No because then the time frame is more like 6 months. 

11 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Keegan Murray will be better than Scottie Barnes. 

What does he do better than Barnes? Because this year he doesn't even shoot it from 3 at a higher clip 

• Like 1

I guess Oubre will be getting a fine for sure. Suspension?

The refs should get suspended 

• Like 2

Joel Embiid is likely to return to the Philadelphia 76ers lineup in the regular season, according to Nick Nurse.

"I think there's a very good likelihood that he will return before the play-in, playoff," said Nurse on Wednesday.

Nurse added that there is still no exact timetable for Embiid's return.

"He's on the court, as you guys know, and we still don't have a timeline for his return," added Nurse.

16 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Joel Embiid is likely to return to the Philadelphia 76ers lineup in the regular season, according to Nick Nurse.

"I think there's a very good likelihood that he will return before the play-in, playoff," said Nurse on Wednesday.

Nurse added that there is still no exact timetable for Embiid's return.

"He's on the court, as you guys know, and we still don't have a timeline for his return," added Nurse.

There is like 10 games left. How couldn’t there be a timeline? 

• Like 1

Sixers medical staff, has to be a bunch of clowns.