**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

With a healthy Embiid and Maxey, the Sixers really may be the second best team in the East. Bucks COULD have been a problem until our old friend Doc tanked that team. 

All that said, unfortunately I can’t see them beating Boston. They would need Hield to go on one of his heaters where he just can’t miss for the whole series to have a shot. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

I hated KJ Martin until about 3 weeks ago. He has shown he can fit in without disrupting the flow of the offense. He reacts quickly with his cuts, passes, drives. He is great in transition and plays decent defense. 

Yeah, Hield desperately needs to get going. He has been off for a while. 

I hope Nurse realizes that Tobi should come off the bench for the rest of his time here. 

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

True. But I never felt seeding mattered this season. It was all about health.  Healthy,  this team was able to beat anyone in the league. 

They've not had their full squad at almost any point throughout the whole season. 

Agreed with the exception of avoiding the Celtics in round one.  I'd rather postpone that match up as long as possible and hope some else pulls an upset before the sixers play them.

Embid is no doubt the MVP even though he can’t win it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Embid is no doubt the MVP even though he can’t win it

Who cares. I’m so over the individual stats. A f’n ring matters to me, that’s it!

58 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Who cares. I’m so over the individual stats. A f’n ring matters to me, that’s it!

It's not even a stats thing, it's a look at how the team performs without him vs with him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mat said:

It's not even a stats thing, it's a look at how the team performs without him vs with him

Have to play to win awards, it's part of the requirement 

At first, I was really hoping they would catch the 6th seed and avoid the play in.....and match up against Cleveland/Orlando/Etc.  But doing this, even if you win the 1st round, you'd probably have the Celtics in the 2nd round.  Now....if you are in the play in as the 7th seed, you're going to have to play Miami which is always a scary proposition but...let's say you beat them.  You have the Bucks in the 1st round and honestly, with Doc as a head coach, that doesn't scare me nearly as much and you wouldn't have to play the Celtics until the ECF.  Thoughts or preferences?  And honestly the way the Bucks are playing, with Orlando, Cleveland and NY right behind them, they might not even hold on to the 2nd seed.  This is going to be a wild final games to see who ends up where.......

No matter what, the 7th seed negative, you have to have the play in....the positive, avoiding the Celtics for the longest possible time.

8 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

At first, I was really hoping they would catch the 6th seed and avoid the play in.....and match up against Cleveland/Orlando/Etc.  But doing this, even if you win the 1st round, you'd probably have the Celtics in the 2nd round.  Now....if you are in the play in as the 7th seed, you're going to have to play Miami which is always a scary proposition but...let's say you beat them.  You have the Bucks in the 1st round and honestly, with Doc as a head coach, that doesn't scare me nearly as much and you wouldn't have to play the Celtics until the ECF.  Thoughts or preferences?  And honestly the way the Bucks are playing, with Orlando, Cleveland and NY right behind them, they might not even hold on to the 2nd seed.  This is going to be a wild final games to see who ends up where.......

No matter what, the 7th seed negative, you have to have the play in....the positive, avoiding the Celtics for the longest possible time.

Will be difficult with less remaining games and Heat Pacers both have easy games 

Screenshot_20240409-080833.png

based on this, the Bucks may end up the 5th seed lol

I guess if I’m playing along, the longer it takes to play the Celtics, the better. Gives Joel more time to get in shape and knock off rust. It would also give the team more time to gel. 

Done playing the game. In reality, I know how this ends. 

Maxey and Lowry are out 

M

35 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Didn’t see that coming. Figured he was done for the year, in a contract year especially. 

So if we win out and the magic, knicks, cavs lose at least 1 we can get the 3 seed right?

3 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

So if we win out and the magic, knicks, cavs lose at least 1 we can get the 3 seed right?

You want Cavs or Magic in the first round if possible. 

I think Magic need to go 1 3 to hit 3 seed but play Friday. 

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You want Cavs or Magic in the first round if possible. 

I think Magic need to go 1 3 to hit 3 seed but play Friday. 

No one outside the Celtics and bucks are worth worrying over. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

No one outside the Celtics and bucks are worth worrying over. 

Disagree. The Knicks could take the Sixers in the mud and beat them. 

• Haha 1

going to the game sunday, can't wait. should be electric down there. 

55 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Without Randle, I’m not so sure. I bet that would be a close series. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No. Sixers in 4 or 5

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

No. Sixers in 4 or 5

More like 6 or 7. 

5 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

More like 6 or 7. 

Lol no