**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

1 hour ago, NYEagle said:

That sucks, the f'ing Magic whom we swept this year are the 5 seed with the same record yet the Sixers are the 7th seed and have to play the Knicks.   I'd rather be playing the Bucks or the Cavaliers rather than the Knicks (assuming we actually beat the Heat).

I was really hoping that the bulls would beat the Knicks. So that the bucks would stay at the two seed. To me the bucks are teetering on an implosion. Frankly, I don’t think Damian Lillard wants to be in Milwaukee. He wanted to be in Miami. Have a feeling that’s been an issue inside the locker room and on that team. Giannis is dealing with an injury. And doc is doc. Since the beginning of February, they are 17-17. In their last 11 games they are 3-8. I think the Knicks are a much tougher and scrappier team. If the Sixers can actually pull off the win vs. Miami it’s the Knicks are likely dealing with a Sixers team that’s got everyone besides melton healthy and with Embiid not missing 2 months would’ve been the 2 seed. Thats a brutal 1st round series. Frankly cavs benefit from playing Orlando. I much rather play Orlando with minimal playoff experience then Indiana, Sixers or even Heat. 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

14 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was really hoping that the bulls would beat the Knicks. So that the bucks would stay at the two seed. To me the bucks are teetering on an implosion. Frankly, I don’t think Damian Lillard wants to be in Milwaukee. He wanted to be in Miami. Have a feeling that’s been an issue inside the locker room and on that team. Giannis is dealing with an injury. And doc is doc. Since the beginning of February, they are 17-17. In their last 11 games they are 3-8. I think the Knicks are a much tougher and scrappier team. If the Sixers can actually pull off the win vs. Miami it’s the Knicks are likely dealing with a Sixers team that’s got everyone besides melton healthy and with Embiid not missing 2 months would’ve been the 2 seed. Thats a brutal 1st round series. Frankly cavs benefit from playing Orlando. I much rather play Orlando with minimal playoff experience then Indiana, Sixers or even Heat. 

Cavs and Magic are very meh this year. Cavs can't figure out when entire team is healthy and Magic only have one option 

Scary Terry might not be available Wednesday? Possible neck injury. 

21 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Scary Terry might not be available Wednesday? Possible neck injury. 

Spolestra said it is, "jacked up" right now over the weekend but no injury reports posted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Cavs and Magic are very meh this year. Cavs can't figure out when entire team is healthy and Magic only have one option 

Not disagreeing on the cavs. But if you were to ask any of the top 4 seeds what team you’d want to face out of Orlando, Indiana, Sixers and Miami I’m guessing most if not all would take Orlando. I’d definitely rather face Orlando than Miami or Sixers in the first round. Sixers are only a 7 seed cause Embiid missed 2 months otherwise they are a top 4 seed in the East. Fact they were awful without Embiid for much of the 2 months and finished 3 games behind the Knicks for 2 seed tells me more about the conference. And Miami has spoelstra and they were in this position last year. Frankly just think Indiana is better than Orlando. 

It’s SAS. But it’s what i was saying. I don’t he is remotely happy in Milwaukee. He wanted Miami and wound up in Milwaukee. 

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s SAS. But it’s what i was saying. I don’t he is remotely happy in Milwaukee. He wanted Miami and wound up in Milwaukee. 

I think he would have been happy till they started sucking.

Good for him. He farted around for years in Portland. Didnt want to come to Philly. 

Let him go to Miami next year. Butler will be another year older. Lillard will be another year older. He might never win a ring. His own fault.

35 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think he would have been happy till they started sucking.

Good for him. He farted around for years in Portland. Didnt want to come to Philly. 

Let him go to Miami next year. Butler will be another year older. Lillard will be another year older. He might never win a ring. His own fault.

Better off he didn't come to Philly with Maxey.

Him and Giannis never made sense when watching them play. Giannis hates setting screens and Dame wants to pound the ball into the ground for 20 seconds. 

I could see Giannis wanting out as well so it would be Mitchell, Dame, Giannis, and Trae or Murray.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Better off he didn't come to Philly with Maxey.

Him and Giannis never made sense when watching them play. Giannis hates setting screens and Dame wants to pound the ball into the ground for 20 seconds. 

I could see Giannis wanting out as well so it would be Mitchell, Dame, Giannis, and Trae or Murray.

I think 6ers are getting Mitchell and George in the summer.

Mitchell because he seems to be bros with Embiid, and Rubin. 

George because Morey is an idiot. 

6ers should have enough for 2 max guys....

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I think 6ers are getting Mitchell and George in the summer.

Mitchell because he seems to be bros with Embiid, and Rubin. 

George because Morey is an idiot. 

6ers should have enough for 2 max guys....

I don't see Mitchell and Maxey working to be honest. PG and some defensive guys or PG and Monk would be better in my opinion. 

I have never really seen Mitchell as a winner 

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I don't see Mitchell and Maxey working to be honest. PG and some defensive guys or PG and Monk would be better in my opinion. 

I sort of agree. Yet, they collected a bunch of guards this year. And Morey isnt one for picking the best fitting pieces. He seems to want the highest scoring stars.

6ers philosophy is probably to put that deadly scoring back court duo together and just try to outscore teams. 

I see PG at his age basically taking Harris' spot. Shoot 3s and try to defend. Only, he might step up the scoring when Embiid is out.

Or, imagine with all that perimeter talent if Embiid would just focus on rim protecting and rebounding rather than having to shoulder the load. I think thats whats best for the team ultimately. 

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Don’t disagree with this take. However i tend to believe Embiid will push for Mitchell if he’s available. Morey would be all over trying to get him here cause he wants stars. Feels like Morey with the assets and space he has would try to make that Mitchell move and then use the rest of the space to attempt to get PG or guys around embiid, Mitchell and maxey.

on a side note if Mitchell came here we’d have gone from cheering for Ben Simmons and going after Mitchell for downplaying Simmons rookie of the year. To cheering for him in a Sixers uniform. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Don’t disagree with this take. However i tend to believe Embiid will push for Mitchell if he’s available. Morey would be all over trying to get him here cause he wants stars. Feels like Morey with the assets and space he has would try to make that Mitchell move and then use the rest of the space to attempt to get PG or guys around embiid, Mitchell and maxey.

on a side note if Mitchell came here we’d have gone from cheering for Ben Simmons and going after Mitchell for downplaying Simmons rookie of the year. To cheering for him in a Sixers uniform. 

Lakers can trade 3 1sts so could come down to whose picks are more valuable. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Lakers can trade 3 1sts so could come down to whose picks are more valuable. 

If liberty balls is accurate the Sixers have up to 5 first rounders to use at the time of the 2024 NBA draft. 

On the night of the 2024 NBA draft, they could trade up to five first-round picks and seven second-round picks. 

https://www.libertyballers.com/2023/12/29/24018721/2024-nba-trade-deadline-sixers-future-draft-picks-trade-rumors-daryl-morey

like you said which picks are more valuable comes into play. That 2028 unprotected pick from the clippers is going to be valuable. Cause right now they have a bunch of older players as their core. With balmer and being in LA how valuable who knows. (Also have a pick swap they can also throw in there in 2029). However with how bad the sixers ownership and shown can be dysfunctional as an organization I’m guessing those 2028-2031 picks if unprotected are pretty valuable. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If liberty balls is accurate the Sixers have up to 5 first rounders to use at the time of the 2024 NBA draft. 

On the night of the 2024 NBA draft, they could trade up to five first-round picks and seven second-round picks. 

https://www.libertyballers.com/2023/12/29/24018721/2024-nba-trade-deadline-sixers-future-draft-picks-trade-rumors-daryl-morey

like you said which picks are more valuable comes into play. That 2028 unprotected pick from the clippers is going to be valuable. Cause right now they have a bunch of older players as their core. With balmer and being in LA how valuable who knows. (Also have a pick swap they can also throw in there in 2029). However with how bad the sixers ownership and shown can be dysfunctional as an organization I’m guessing those 2028-2031 picks if unprotected are pretty valuable. 

Youll look at some of those 1st rounders as post-Embiid era picks. So, there a chance theyre pretty good picks. Maxey and whoever else wont let the team be a cellar dweller. But teams could look at it as a sure decline when Embiid is done here, or at least greatly regressed. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Youll look at some of those 1st rounders as post-Embiid era picks. So, there a chance theyre pretty good picks. Maxey and whoever else wont let the team be a cellar dweller. But teams could look at it as a sure decline when Embiid is done here, or at least greatly regressed. 

Yup. How likely i don’t know but  there’s also a chance 2029-2031 maxey might get traded away or chooses to go to a contender if the sixers aren’t close when embiid inevitably declines in prior years.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. How likely i don’t know but  there’s also a chance 2029-2031 maxey might get traded away or chooses to go to a contender if the sixers aren’t close when embiid inevitably declines in prior years.

nnoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

nnoooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don’t like it either. I hope he plays his entire career here. But i do think there’s a reality where a maxey at that stage wants to compete for a title and if the sixers aren’t at level that he doesn’t want to waste prime years on a team that’s either a fringe playoff team with minimal assets or needs a rebuild. 

10 hours ago, Procus said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7204fffe0f1591524c4966ccf58246f2.jpeg

Didn't know Sixers already won the play in

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Didn't know Sixers already won the play in

Well they play the Heat or Sixers. Either team is a bad draw for the 2 seed. The 1 seed might get lucky that one of them is knocked out and they play the Bulls/Hawks. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He'll be on the F'n bench - with a bum calf :lol: 

• Haha 1

I’m looking forward to the Batum/Love match up tomorrow. 

Rozier and Richardson are out tomorrow.