**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I know I talked about this over the winter and no liked it and e-a-g-l-e-s doesn't think it moves the needle but Bam is basically Draymond Green on steroids. He legit can guard 1-5 and had a pretty good offensive game, which Green doesn't have.

Steph shot 41. 3% above the break this season on 546 attempts. Maxey shot 41.5% on 284 attempts.  I'm not saying Maxey is Steph but his numbers aren't a fluke but he is becoming close to an elite 3p shooter. 

Martin looks like a wing that can contribute in high leverage pressure situationa and is shooting 43.6% above the break. He was the 56th rated defender according to raptor 538 and showing it vs Tatum. 

Herro can be an elite 6th man. 

Harris  will actually be valuable in this offense because he will be involved in the offense and not standing in the corner.

Hire Kenny Atkinson and let's try to replicate the Warriors.

Screenshot_20230521-215014.png

Of course picks should be added, but Id like it. I was a big proponent of going after one or both Martin brothers during free agency. Instead, they got Tucker as we knew they would. Martin has been fantastic in this series. Hes a good player in general outside of this series too.

Bam is a modern day big. He is athletic. Will rim run, and can pass the ball. Hes the type of player you should want to replace Embiid with.

Hero, finally a legit bench scorer who wont worry about deferring. He goes out and gets his. 

Its a great package. 

Miami gets to team up Butler and Embiid again. Of course, theyre doing fine without Embiid...

8 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

not sure about all that. 6ers always play fine against denver.

Murray isnt very athletic. I think you can slow him down too. Of course, a team like Miami not handling Jokic has to focus on that and makes it harder to shut down the other guys. They look tougher against LA than they do against us. Slowing down Joker is key. LA hasnt. We do.

They had AD on him in the first game and he annihilated him who is more versatile defender especially outside the paint than Embiid. They would Embiid in the pick and roll and wear him out. He caves, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to get thru tough moments. 

Slow him down with who? Maxey and Harden would be absolutely cooked by him

Schroder is a better defender than both of them and he is working him

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

They had AD on him in the first game and he annihilated him who is more versatile defender especially outside the paint than Embiid. They would Embiid in the pick and roll and wear him out. He caves, he doesn't have the mental fortitude to get thru tough moments. 

Slow him down with who? Maxey and Harden would be absolutely cooked by him

Schroder is a better defender than both of them and he is working him

Youre talking hypotheticals like we havent seen the 6ers handle them already.

There are some sucky players who give Embiid fits. But 2 guys he always wins against are Jokic, and AD. He slows Jokic down, and he absolutely dominates AD.

18 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I know I talked about this over the winter and no liked it and e-a-g-l-e-s doesn't think it moves the needle but Bam is basically Draymond Green on steroids. He legit can guard 1-5 and had a pretty good offensive game, which Green doesn't have.

Steph shot 41. 3% above the break this season on 546 attempts. Maxey shot 41.5% on 284 attempts.  I'm not saying Maxey is Steph but his numbers aren't a fluke but he is becoming close to an elite 3p shooter. 

Martin looks like a wing that can contribute in high leverage pressure situationa and is shooting 43.6% above the break. He was the 56th rated defender according to raptor 538 and showing it vs Tatum. 

Herro can be an elite 6th man. 

Harris  will actually be valuable in this offense because he will be involved in the offense and not standing in the corner.

Hire Kenny Atkinson and let's try to replicate the Warriors.

Screenshot_20230521-215014.png

I don't think it moves the needle cause you aren’t going to be in position to win a title with maxey, Herro and bam as your top 3 Also it’s definitely not moving l the needle if you are getting draft picks in 2026-2030 that are unprotected so you can get that star that’s needed. You are basically going to be a 6-8 seed if you make that deal especially if you don’t get the draft picks included 

also you are assuming they play as well in Philly as Miami. Spoelstra gets more out of guys than the head coaches the sixers have hired. There’s a chance outside of Miami they aren’t as good. 

i actually think their offer if first rounders from 2026-2030 is better than what the Knicks will throw at them even with the firsts they own. I’d rather have bam, Herro then any of the players the Knicks could send 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

Youre talking hypotheticals like we havent seen the 6ers handle them already.

Playoffs are about adjustments and every other day. One day in the middle of the season, no one makes individual adjustments. You double Embiid and they lose. Nets showed it and Celtics had the talent to finish the job. 

Again they were never beating the Heat. 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

Playoffs are about adjustments and every other day. One day in the middle of the season, no one makes individual adjustments. You double Embiid and they lose. Nets showed it and Celtics had the talent to finish the job. 

Again they were never beating the Heat. 

You cant prove it! 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

You cant prove it! 

Keep dreaming. Jimmy would have averaged 50 for the series. That would have been the ultimate revenge series for him.

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Keep dreaming. Jimmy would have averaged 50 for the series. That would have been the ultimate revenge series for him.

I tend to think spoelstra runs laps around doc and that series doc gets more and more exposed and harden playing even more games likely gets worse (if it was possible). 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I don't think it moves the needle cause you aren’t going to be in position to win a title with maxey, Herro and bam as your top 3 Also it’s definitely not moving l the needle if you are getting draft picks in 2026-2030 that are unprotected so you can get that star that’s needed. You are basically going to be a 6-8 seed if you make that deal especially if you don’t get the draft picks included 

also you are assuming they play as well in Philly as Miami. Spoelstra gets more out of guys than the head coaches the sixers have hired. There’s a chance outside of Miami they aren’t as good. 

You can move Herro and Harris, but if the organization believes Maxey can be elite this is who you put him beside, an elite version of Green. Hire Bob Myers as well as the GM. 

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You can move Herro and Harris, but if the organization believes Maxey can be elite this is who you put him beside, an elite version of Green. Hire Bob Myers as well as the GM. 

Sixers might believe maxey is elite. But i don’t believe maxey is elite. I think he’s likely at best a no. 2 on a championship team. So with bam and maxey then you still need that no. 1 star. Not sure you are able to find that when you are likely 6-9 seed every year (lose your picks to OKC and nets too). You’d essentially need Miami picks and swaps 2026-30 and hope embiid and Butler fall off the planet by then and Riley retires. Otherwise you are likely getting stuck in a purgatory is my biggest issue. 

i don’t think Herro and Harris brings you a star back. That’s really the issue. I don’t think stars are lining up to come to Philly and if you don’t draft one i think you are in trouble of just getting stuck with bam, maxey and Herro which isn’t good enough  

If Spoelstra coached the Sixers, would they have gone farther than the second round? I see the Heat has 4 undrafted players not only performing, but performing well. 

3 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

If Spoelstra coached the Sixers, would they have gone farther than the second round? I see the Heat has 4 undrafted players not only performing, but performing well. 

If spoelstra was coach we likely still have Isaiah joe and he can be what some of these Miami role players are. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

No, Embiid and Harden are and Harden was in organizations that catered to their egos. They would be running to Josh Harris so fast to have him fired

Spol went after Butler, you think those two can handle someone coaching them hard?

• Like 1

Heres more of the oddness surrounding Austin Reaves' free agency

Austin Reaves has become hot commodity during this Los Angeles Lakers playoff run. Reaves will be a restricted free agent this summer. With only two years of service, Reaves is also subject to the Arenas Provision.

Because of that status, the Lakers can match any offers Reaves may get as a free agent. And Reaves is likely to get at least one offer, if not two or more, for more money than Los Angeles would like to pay him.

In matching an offer sheet, the Lakers could be forced to match under terms that would see Reaves paid around the Mid-Level Exception ($12.2 million) for the first two seasons. Reaves salary then could jump up by double or more for the third, and potentially fourth, seasons of a deal. That's the kicker with matching an offer sheet for an Arenas free agent.

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Heres more of the oddness surrounding Austin Reaves' free agency

Austin Reaves has become hot commodity during this Los Angeles Lakers playoff run. Reaves will be a restricted free agent this summer. With only two years of service, Reaves is also subject to the Arenas Provision.

Because of that status, the Lakers can match any offers Reaves may get as a free agent. And Reaves is likely to get at least one offer, if not two or more, for more money than Los Angeles would like to pay him.

In matching an offer sheet, the Lakers could be forced to match under terms that would see Reaves paid around the Mid-Level Exception ($12.2 million) for the first two seasons. Reaves salary then could jump up by double or more for the third, and potentially fourth, seasons of a deal. That's the kicker with matching an offer sheet for an Arenas free agent.

Ohhh other teams are going to write the contract in it with a poison pill for sure. 3rd year probably would be 38 a year if he gets something crazy like 4/100

As a Sixers fan, pretty much all I have going right now are these Celtics post game chats after losses.  Cowboy fan level meltdowns after every loss!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

No, Embiid and Harden are and Harden was in organizations that catered to their egos. They would be running to Josh Harris so fast to have him fired

Spol went after Butler, you think those two can handle someone coaching them hard?

Harden definitely wouldn’t. He’d quit or ask to be traded or try to get the coach fired. 

i do wonder if they hire nick nurse and embiid doesn’t like it that he tunes him out then asks to be traded next offseason. Bob cooney made a point that since embiid’s super max extension contract kicks in this year he can’t be traded this offseason. I’d have to look it up but assuming that’s true then the earliest you could even trade him is next offseason. 

I'm so jealous of Miami, a great coach in Spolstra, and they actually care about finding and developing young talent.  We let Bassey, Isiah Joe and others right out the door.  Oh....and they have Butler....wish we could have had him! LMAO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYEagle said:

I'm so jealous of Miami, a great coach in Spolstra, and they actually care about finding and developing young talent.  We let Bassey, Isiah Joe and others right out the door.  Oh....and they have Butler....wish we could have had him! LMAO

Besides having a great coach, and an alpha in Jimmy Butler, the Miami Heat have stability from their front office and their owner rarely interferes with what Riley wants to do. They have a plan almost every single off-season of what they are going to accomplish and do. Now it might not always work, but they also don’t make nearly as many mistakes as the 76ers do. Also when embiid and Simmons finally played and got good fast that player development took a back seat. Maxey from when embiid/Simmons finally played together is the only guy we’ve developed that’s been a high level consistent contributor. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_7500.jpeg

I liked Vogel, I think he got a sheety deal with the Lakers 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

IMG_7547.jpeg

He was awful in game 6 until the last 5ish minutes and looked like he was going to cost them that series before turning it around. 

13 minutes ago, Mat said:

He was awful in game 6 until the last 5ish minutes and looked like he was going to cost them that series before turning it around. 

Tbh he was all over the place in that sixers series besides 4th quarter game 6 and game 7.