**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

What is it with Tate posting in here all of a sudden.... 

• Like 1

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HazletonEagle

• DaEagles4Life

• e-a-g-l-e-s eagles!

• Khani1

37 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

6ers will use the MLE. But the right answer is to trade Embiid.

The mock trades came from the beat writers reading this board. Its a pipe dream scenairo based on nothing. In reality, the actual reports seem to indicate Portland is looking for a wing in a trade centered around Simons and #3.

Josh Richardson and if Lakers decline Beasley option are a few options for the MLE

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Josh Richardson and if Lakers decline Beasley option are a few options for the MLE

Richardson was such a horrible disappointment here. 

Id like Josh Hart if we are doing it this way...

Beasley would be ok too.

Jokic is a top player in this league but the difference between the nuggets winning a potential title and the nuggets getting swept by Phoenix in the second round and losing 4-1 to the warriors in the first round is Jamal murray. He’s finally healthy for the first time in a while and playing like he did in the bubble. 

• Like 1

The Suns seem to be down on Deandre Ayton, the Sixers should pursue a Harden for Ayton trade, let Embiid play power forward.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

The Suns seem to be down on Deandre Ayton, the Sixers should pursue a Harden for Ayton trade, let Embiid play power forward.

This is a troll job I assume?

What a steal

Bruce Brown Jr. signed a 2 year / $13,281,950 contract with the Denver Nuggets

He was a good player for the Nets and let go for nothing 

Jamal Murray having a ridiculous series against the Lakers. 35(points)-7.3 (boards)-5.3(assists)-3 (steals). shooting 45.5% from 3 and from the field 52.1%. The nuggets don’t win this game if it wasn’t for his first half. Allowed for jokic when he got his 4th foul to stay close and then jokic take over in the 4th. 

7 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Jamal Murray having a ridiculous series against the Lakers. 35(points)-7.3 (boards)-5.3(assists)-3 (steals). shooting 45.5% from 3 and from the field 52.1%. The nuggets don’t win this game if it wasn’t for his first half. Allowed for jokic when he got his 4th foul to stay close and then jokic take over in the 4th. 

I have to give to the nuggets they are playing outstanding basketball and I can't be mad about it. Lakers just don't have an answer for those two, they are playing at another level. 

11 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Richardson was such a horrible disappointment here. 

Id like Josh Hart if we are doing it this way...

Beasley would be ok too.

Hart has said he is opting out and signing an extension with the Knicks 

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10076527-building-a-ridiculous-4-team-trade-offer-for-victor-wembanyama

Of course it’s completely unrealistic with no chance of happening, but sign me up for this one.

Dude wrote a thousand word article on the worst trade I have ever seen. He should find something else to do

7 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Good.  Just let it not be here. 

These days Harden is equivalent to 76ers Andre Miller.

Good player.  Steady veteran floor general who can probably score when needed on a bad team. 

I'm sure bad teams will take that 20/10 a night from him to stay relevant. 

Shouldn't be us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont know who any of these sources are. But I was just talking about buying a 2nd rounder to take a flyer on Bates the other day so I like to see this.

May be an image of 1 person, playing basketball, playing football and text that says '3:40 93% Instagram sixershoop SHOOP EAGLES 91 @Maxeyhewrote Sixers met with draft prospect Emoni Bates, per Adam Zagoria. The sixers currently dont have draft pick. 2023 NBA Liked by sunish_ and others sixershoop Daryl Is Cooking Something @Sixers'

Heat are breaking the will of the Celtics.

Sixers would have wilted so easily and would have been the best thing to happen to the organization. 

Loving seeing Boston and the Lakers get crushed in their series 

Its just pretty amazing how the 6ers with all their talent year after year can never handle Boston. And Miami is doing this with so many undrafted players. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Its just pretty amazing how the 6ers with all their talent year after year can never handle Boston. And Miami is doing this with so many undrafted players. 

Bad coaching 

• Like 1

By the way, the road is being paved for the 6ers in some alternate universe with the Nuggets dominating the Lakers.  As good as Denver looks right now, theyve never looked like a threat to the 6ers. And every time they play, Embiid neutralizes Jokic. With Jokic neutralized, our team was better. And theyve pretty much shown that when they play head to head. 

Another missed opportunity. I think they were very likely to win the finals this year if they were able to get past Boston. BUT...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

By the way, the road is being paved for the 6ers in some alternate universe with the Nuggets dominating the Lakers.  As good as Denver looks right now, theyve never looked like a threat to the 6ers. And every time they play, Embiid neutralizes Jokic. With Jokic neutralized, our team was better. And theyve pretty much shown that when they play head to head. 

Another missed opportunity. I think they were very likely to win the finals this year if they were able to get past Boston. BUT...

It was actually Tucker that slowed down Jokic last time they played but doubt can do it over a series 

Who guards Jamal Murray, he has and their wings are better players. KCP and Brown are big advantages over Sixers wings, heck Braun is good. 

In reality, Sixers would have wilted like the Celtics are. 

I know I talked about this over the winter and no liked it and e-a-g-l-e-s doesn't think it moves the needle but Bam is basically Draymond Green on steroids. He legit can guard 1-5 and had a pretty good offensive game, which Green doesn't have.

Steph shot 41. 3% above the break this season on 546 attempts. Maxey shot 41.5% on 284 attempts.  I'm not saying Maxey is Steph but his numbers aren't a fluke but he is becoming close to an elite 3p shooter. 

Martin looks like a wing that can contribute in high leverage pressure situationa and is shooting 43.6% above the break. He was the 56th rated defender according to raptor 538 and showing it vs Tatum. 

Herro can be an elite 6th man. 

Harris  will actually be valuable in this offense because he will be involved in the offense and not standing in the corner.

Hire Kenny Atkinson and let's try to replicate the Warriors.

Screenshot_20230521-215014.png

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

It was actually Tucker that slowed down Jokic last time they played but doubt can do it over a series 

Who guards Jamal Murray, he has and their wings are better players. KCP and Brown are big advantages over Sixers wings, heck Braun is good. 

In reality, Sixers would have wilted like the Celtics are. 

not sure about all that. 6ers always play fine against denver.

Murray isnt very athletic. I think you can slow him down too. Of course, a team like Miami not handling Jokic has to focus on that and makes it harder to shut down the other guys. They look tougher against LA than they do against us. Slowing down Joker is key. LA hasnt. We do.