**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

Maxey has been in the wrong position a few times also. When Joel is around the top of the key, just to either side of the foul line, if Maxey is in the corner, he needs to show to Joel on the double team and give him an angle to pass the ball. Maxey could have had some wide open 3’s if he moved to the right spot. One time, Nurse was even screaming at him to slide over. 

• Like 1

This team has a different vibe since Pat Bev and Morris were traded. 

I get why you trade Morris in a package for Hield, but I still think it was a mistake to trade Beverly. 

You need guys like that in the playoffs 

i think lowry is a solid pat bev replacement....but hield has been awful & has contributed next to nothing on the playoffs. idk if morris & co would've been any better...but hield ain't it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I think you clipped it too early and forgot this part 

33 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i think lowry is a solid pat bev replacement....but hield has been awful & has contributed next to nothing on the playoffs. idk if morris & co would've been any better...but hield ain't it.

I thought he would for sure be one of the off season signings. He has looked terrible.  He will have to be cheap if he is coming back. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

6ers bench sucked.  Refs weren't good but lots of things the 6ers could have done to not make it such a close game and leave it in the hands of the refs.

6ers let us down last night.  As always. 

Same as it ever was

• Like 1

I’m not as upset as other sixers fans because I’ve always viewed this year as they were going to take a step back. they were trying to construct the roster so that this upcoming off-season they had as many assets as they could have and cap space. To me this roster was never good enough to win a championship. Even with the moves, some were to try and help the current team but also calculated so that they didn’t F up anything for this offseaso. To me I get less upset because I look at it is their whole plan since last offseason was reliant on what they do this off-season. At that point, it will make me more upset if their plan is just awful or it blows up in their face. 

also If they lose this series Paul Reed isn’t guaranteed next year. So i guess that’s a positive for their 2024 offseason cap space

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m not as upset as other sixers fans because I’ve always viewed this year as they were going to take a step back. they were trying to construct the roster so that this upcoming off-season they had as many assets as they could have and cap space. To me this roster was never good enough to win a championship. Even with the moves, some were to try and help the current team but also calculated so that they didn’t F up anything for this offseaso. To me I get less upset because I look at it is their whole plan since last offseason was reliant on what they do this off-season. At that point, it will make me more upset if their plan is just awful or it blows up in their face. 

also If they lose this series Paul Reed isn’t guaranteed next year. So i guess that’s a positive for their 2024 offseason cap space

They had the best bet rating in the NBA by a good margin with their starting 5 that included Tobias Harris.

The team,  after all the additional depth was very freaking good.  

Possibly the biggest factor in their demise is Tobi's regression through the 2nd half of this season and in to playoffs. 

Injuries played a part in a big skid, but again if he was playing even at the level we should expect (about 16ppg and decent defense) we could have been ok without embiid for a bunch more games. 

Not only did he not help carry us,  he didn't even stay the same.  He shrunk,  and has stayed small even after embiid returned.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

They had the best bet rating in the NBA by a good margin with their starting 5 that included Tobias Harris.

The team,  after all the additional depth was very freaking good.  

Possibly the biggest factor in their demise is Tobi's regression through the 2nd half of this season and in to playoffs. 

Injuries played a part in a big skid, but again if he was playing even at the level we should expect (about 16ppg and decent defense) we could have been ok without embiid for a bunch more games. 

Not only did he not help carry us,  he didn't even stay the same.  He shrunk,  and has stayed small even after embiid returned.

I looked at it this way, they were never going to beat the Celtics with this roster. If you want to believe that ok but i never saw that unless major injuries occurred for Boston. They were not good enough to beat that team, regardless of what the analytics said. Their roster was constructed to be competitive this year (they are and were competitive just not championship caliber) cause they have Embiid and Maxey but not F up their 2024 offseason. It’s essentially what they have accomplished.  

I think their depth was great until they lost melton and roco for basically the season. Those guys aren’t some great players but their depth is needed right now when hield, Reed and Payne are giving you next to nothing. Their depth now isn’t as good. Lowry is 38 and shouldn’t be playing 33-38 mins. Batum and oubre are fine in their roles. Hield has been a massive disappointment and Reed has been bad this series. Payne is apparently unplayable with nurse. They aren’t going to play a rookie in council. Right now you have 2 guys in embiid and maxey that will show up  Lowry that’ll give you nice contribution  and everyone else who the F knows game to game

lastly, Ive learned to never trust Tobias Harris regardless of what he shows during the regular season or in stretches during the regular season. He’s done that his entire tenure with the Sixers. There’s times where he looks good. And fans are like maybe they can win it with him being the third option. And then it starts crumbling away. It is who he is. I said this when they traded for him, he is the good player on a mediocre/bad team. So his production looks a lot better than what he truly is. on a championship team he better not be your third option (nor making 38 mil).

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

its-time-to-just-let-ricky-counvil-iv-of

It’s pretty amazing we are even in these games with all but Lowry not playing remotely well. I give more slack to oubre cause defensively he’s actually been good. But still his offense has been nowhere where it needs to be 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s pretty amazing we are even in these games with all but Lowry not playing remotely well. I give more slack to oubre cause defensively he’s actually been good. But still his offense has been nowhere where it needs to be 

meanwhile, the knicks have f'n josh hart averaging 21.5 ppg & 14 rpg thru the first 2 games. :wacko:  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

meanwhile, the knicks have f'n josh hart averaging 21.5 ppg & 14 rpg thru the first 2 games. :wacko:  

People look at hart say he’s a 31% 3 point shooter but this series he’s gotten wide open 3s. I’d love to know what his regular season numbers are on open 3s as compared to contested. At home and being that open, he’s likely going to shoot better than 31%. Just didn’t expect it like 60%+

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

People look at hart say he’s a 31% 3 point shooter but this series he’s gotten wide open 3s. I’d love to know what his regular season numbers are on open 3s as compared to contested. At home and being that open, he’s likely going to shoot better than 31%. Just didn’t expect it like 60%+

it's not just hart either....knicks have 6 guys averaging 10+ppg so far this series...role players stepping up. sixers' role players have shrunk in big moments. maybe a change in venue reverses that a bit. we'll see. 

sixers aren't a legit championship contender so it really doesn't matter much. 

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

it's not just hart either....knicks have 6 guys averaging 10+ppg so far this series...role players stepping up. sixers' role players have shrunk in big moments. maybe a change in venue reverses that a bit. we'll see. 

sixers aren't a legit championship contender so it really doesn't matter much. 

Much easier to be a role player at home then on the road. typically play better. Hart and D likely still solid here. Played here in college. but it’s the other guys i think likely don’t play as well. 

your last sentence, we kind of knew that based off what their plan was last offseason and this year at the deadline. Their plan was always we’re gonna be competitive this season but not sacrifice 2024 off-season and the ability to build a roster that could compete for a title the following year. That was always the sacrifice.

Whaaaaat no Fing way. That loss still haunts me every time i celebrate my birthday. It happened in my birthday  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Whaaaaat no Fing way. That loss still haunts me every time i celebrate my birthday. It happened in my birthday  

It’s round 1. I can’t get THAT upset over last night. 

6 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Maybe if we had a GM who could build a competent roster and a superstar who wasn’t always injured in April we’d have a chance. 

Embiid is 30 coming off of another knee injury. This off season they finally have cleared all of the dead weight money and can really rebuild as much as possible around Embiid who has 2 years + a player option. If he can’t stay healthy next season it’s time to get what we can and rebuild.

This should also be Morey’s last year if he can’t build a competent team around Maxey and Embiid with Paul Reed as the only other player under contract. 

8 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

This team has a different vibe since Pat Bev and Morris were traded. 

I get why you trade Morris in a package for Hield, but I still think it was a mistake to trade Beverly. 

You need guys like that in the playoffs 

The mistake was losing butler