**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get late game never calling it but it looks bad when you see that pic

Shaq said he did get fouled but, you got to secure the ball and stop flailing and flopping around looking for a foul. 

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Shaq said he did get fouled but, you got to secure the ball and stop flailing and flopping around looking for a foul. 

The flopping and flailing didn’t help him cause the officials probably thought he was selling it more then it was a foul. If he just plays it out it’s probably more of a chance they don’t think he was trying to draw the foul. Didn’t help since they struggled to get the ball so the officials may have also believed he was selling it to get the foul due to not being able to inbound it cleanly 

• Like 1

They reviewed this and still got it wrong.  Refs absolutely let them play today and every series has been like that. Sixers need to adjust at this point as well. 

It amazes me that NBA players forget they should actually run the baseline instead of taking a step or two. 

• Like 1

If you wanna positive outlook on this which is really hard to go with right now, I really can’t blame in embiid or maxey. If this series continues this way with them and they lose it’s not on them. They have shown up. Rest of the team is the issue. Like when they lost to Boston last year embiid and harden no showed game 7 and weren’t good game 6. When they lost to Miami that was also not the case.

Embiid is averaging 31.5 ppg, 9 boards and 6 assists. Maxey is averaging 34 ppg, 5.5 boards and 7 assists.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Screenshot_20240423_011718_X.jpg

Was Tim Donaghy officiating last night? The refs got it wrong 3 times alone on that one play (2 missed timeouts by Nurse and a blatant foul by Brunson on Maxey). 

• Like 1

Harsh watching Nova beat the Sixers

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Harsh watching Nova beat the Sixers

last night's refs were nova grads? 

8 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

perhaps they were

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Even after the initial play , how about he get up off the floor and guard Donte or the other three standing around the rim box someone out. 

Maxey still had two opportunities to win the game after that play and the 2nd one he definitely froze. 

maxey clearly travelled. 

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

maxey clearly travelled. 

He catches it if he doesn't pull a JFK 

Or doesn't even get open if he doesn't shove Hart. Why didn't they call that? 

nba refs are the absolute worst...swayed by home fans & league agendas. sixers still had their chances...but the deck was stacked against them all game long. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Tim Donaghy is a Nova grad :ph34r:

• Angry 1

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

If you wanna positive outlook on this which is really hard to go with right now, I really can’t blame in embiid or maxey. If this series continues this way with them and they lose it’s not on them. They have shown up. Rest of the team is the issue. Like when they lost to Boston last year embiid and harden no showed game 7 and weren’t good game 6. When they lost to Miami that was also not the case.

Embiid is averaging 31.5 ppg, 9 boards and 6 assists. Maxey is averaging 34 ppg, 5.5 boards and 7 assists.  

well, they'll get to basically build an entirely new roster around embiid & maxey this offseason...so we'll see how that goes. and maybe embiid drops 20-30 lbs this offseason & works on his cardio...i mean...it's possible. :unsure:   

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Well there you go @mr_hunt.  I was more right than I thought.

And F Villanova 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

it's insane that scott foster is still an nba ref. 

12 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Cant blame the refs for ish play by the sixers

In close playoff games, the calls (or lack there of) always go to NY and LA. The NBA wants them in the finals every year if possible. I'll never forget Mike Bibby getting called for a foul for his face getting in the way of Kobe's elbow

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not to be that guy but the 4 missed free throws from Joel would have been the difference between a win and loss. I don’t put the blame on him though. Maxey had a few chances to take it to the rim in the 4th and either score or draw a foul but it seems like the moment was too big for him. 

• Like 2

refs let them play all game long.

• Haha 1

6ers bench sucked.  Refs weren't good but lots of things the 6ers could have done to not make it such a close game and leave it in the hands of the refs.

6ers let us down last night.  As always. 

• Like 2