**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

6 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

its-time-to-just-let-ricky-counvil-iv-of

Here’s your daily reminder that Tobias Harris makes $500,000 per game.  

49 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Here’s your daily reminder that Tobias Harris makes $500,000 per game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow Kyle neubeck might be the best reporter in the city 

• Haha 6

22 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think you clipped it too early and forgot this part 

the nba disagrees with your nugget of a take. :lol: 

17 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

17 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

38 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

He's a bandwagon jumping troll.  Couple years back he was a Memphis fan when they were playing well - now doesn't even talk about them and rides the Joker's nuts all day LMAO

He was apparently a Michigan football fan after they won the title too LOL 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Still whinning, maybe help teach them how to box out. 6 point lead with 40 secs and it's the refs fault, loser crap. 

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

He's a bandwagon jumping troll.  Couple years back he was a Memphis fan when they were playing well - now doesn't even talk about them and rides the Joker's nuts all day LMAO

He was apparently a Michigan football fan after they won the title too LOL 

I am still a Memphis fan, having lived in Memphis, and on the same hand you can still enjoy watching greatness. It's not hard to separate the two. The loser Embiid camp can't get over their feelings that Jokic is the better player by far. 

I grew up in Central PA and my Dad hated JoePa so grew up watching Michigan. 

You tried 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I am still a Memphis fan, having lived in Memphis, and on the same hand you can still enjoy watching greatness. It's not hard to separate the two. The loser Embiid camp can't get over their feelings that Jokic is the better player by far. 

I grew up in Central PA and my Dad hated JoePa so grew up watching Michigan. 

You tried 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha 3

Rumor is that embiid has bells palsy. Explaining why he can't blink, and wouldn't look at the camera.  Some people have said they've noticed him talk out one side of his mouth and only half of his face smiles. 

There was clearly an eye poke in the game.  And bells palsy is a viral thing do not sure how that explains that.  But interesting...

51 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

.......more joker fluffing..... 

the only reason jokic is ever brought up in the 76ers thread -  200w.gif?cid=6c09b952wzikqqvvvu039ybksb7

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Rumor is that embiid has bells palsy. Explaining why he can't blink, and wouldn't look at the camera.  Some people have said they've noticed him talk out one side of his mouth and only half of his face smiles. 

There was clearly an eye poke in the game.  And bells palsy is a viral thing do not sure how that explains that.  But interesting...

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

yeah. I dont know why that person is acting like they solved the mystery. I think everyone saw him get hit and then keep messing with his eye.

The mystery now is what the hell is wrong with it?

Bells Palsy sounds possible except that we know this all began with an injury. So it seems wrong to blame this on a virus. 

It seems more likely he got nerve damage from the contact to his face. And Ive wondered if he hasnt broke his face again.

31 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. I dont know why that person is acting like they solved the mystery. I think everyone saw him get hit and then keep messing with his eye.

The mystery now is what the hell is wrong with it?

Bells Palsy sounds possible except that we know this all began with an injury. So it seems wrong to blame this on a virus. 

It seems more likely he got nerve damage from the contact to his face. And Ive wondered if he hasnt broke his face again.

The orbital fracture was the right eye socket, so I doubt it was residual complications from that, unless he injured the other side.

Honestly?   I first thought it was a concussion and that they're keeping it quiet - apparently he's been wearing sunglasses 24/7 when not playing.  Light Sensitivity is one of the most common symptoms of a concussion.

Some actual doctors weigh in:

From the comments: 

Urgent care MD here. I favor a Bell’s palsy. At 5:13 you can see his right forehead wrinkles when he raises his right eyebrow but you don’t see his left forehead wrinkle nor his left eyebrow raise suggesting paralysis of the left side of his face . This is a temporary paralysis of the left facial nerve (cranial nerve VII). Usually caused by a viral infection. If you can find footage of him smiling and really notice the full facial droop that would also help support the diagnosis.

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

I know it’s melton and it’s not omg melton is back but it actually pretty big cause it helps out oubre and he should give you some more offense and more then what hield is right now. Maybe a Simon gagne moment for the sixers 

23 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

The orbital fracture was the right eye socket, so I doubt it was residual complications from that, unless he injured the other side.

Honestly?   I first thought it was a concussion and that they're keeping it quiet - apparently he's been wearing sunglasses 24/7 when not playing.  Light Sensitivity is one of the most common symptoms of a concussion.

Some actual doctors weigh in:

From the comments: 

Urgent care MD here. I favor a Bell’s palsy. At 5:13 you can see his right forehead wrinkles when he raises his right eyebrow but you don’t see his left forehead wrinkle nor his left eyebrow raise suggesting paralysis of the left side of his face . This is a temporary paralysis of the left facial nerve (cranial nerve VII). Usually caused by a viral infection. If you can find footage of him smiling and really notice the full facial droop that would also help support the diagnosis.

yeah Im not talking about his old injury. He was clearly injured the other night again by Oubre which started all this stuff. The doctors weighing in about a viral infection likely are missing the fact that he got hit in the eye/face area which immediately lead to these symptoms.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I know it’s melton and it’s not omg melton is back but it actually pretty big cause it helps out oubre and he should give you some more offense and more then what hield is right now. Maybe a Simon gagne moment for the sixers 

its more defense too. Oubre has done well on Brunson but Melton should be able to help now too. Maybe that saves KO some energy to actually provide some offense now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

its more defense too. Oubre has done well on Brunson but Melton should be able to help now too. Maybe that saves KO some energy to actually provide some offense now.

Thats what i was alluding to when i said it helps out oubre. It also allows Lowry to not play 38 mins and maybe he’s more efficient in a 20-25 min role.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah Im not talking about his old injury. He was clearly injured the other night again by Oubre which started all this stuff. The doctors weighing in about a viral infection likely are missing the fact that he got hit in the eye/face area which immediately lead to these symptoms.

The guy in the video talks about that

Though viral infections are the most studied and most understood causes of Bell's Palsy, some researchers have found strong links to other potential causes. These causes include trauma to the face and head, bone fractures in the ear and face, injuries to the brain stem, and surgical wounds in the face.

https://www.cerebralpalsysymptoms.com/bells-palsy/causes#:~:text=Though viral infections are the,surgical wounds in the face.

• Like 1

idk what the eye thing is but the fact that he sat out 2 months to rest/heal the knee but he still can't move is a bit concerning. 

Melton was out for like 50 games, then they said he was getting close, and then he still didn’t come back for like a month. And then when he did, he was out again within 2-3 games. He is coming back because we are down 2-0 and are desperate. Him, Embiid and Roco will be playing rocks, papers, injured shoot at the end of the bench by half time. 

52 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

idk what the eye thing is but the fact that he sat out 2 months to rest/heal the knee but he still can't move is a bit concerning. 

He got the wrong surgery so he could be back quicker. As we can tell, it was a stupid idea. Should have gotten the proper procedure and then been healed for next year. Until he injures something else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khani1 said:

Melton was out for like 50 games, then they said he was getting close, and then he still didn’t come back for like a month. And then when he did, he was out again within 2-3 games. He is coming back because we are down 2-0 and are desperate. Him, Embiid and Roco will be playing rocks, papers, injured shoot at the end of the bench by half time. 

Melton has come back twice. Each time it lasts for just 1 game. Im not getting my hopes up for anything more than that this time either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Melton has come back twice. Each time it lasts for just 1 game. Im not getting my hopes up for anything more than that this time either.

I couldn’t remember and kind of blocked him out. Don’t see him with us next year unless the deal is cheap.