**Official 76ers 2023-2024 Season Thread**

mr_hunt

17 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

NBA basketball is so bad - Brunson just changed his pivot foot like three times without a travel called :roll: 

yeah..he travels al the time & does that trae young jump.into the defender sheet they were supposed to stop calling. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Credit to Joel Embiid. We give him a lot of crap for lack of nba mvp level production in the playoffs. But this series he’s been fantastic besides the second half in game 1 where he was clearly not right. He’s averaging for the series 37.7 ppg, 8.7 rebounds and 5.3 asts. And shooting 47%. 

he was a beast tonight.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Next game, more Payne and less Tobias. 

Gonna need someone to step up like Payne did in the next game. Obviously they don’t think melton is healthy enough to play even with him active 

If Robinson is out next game, that would be huge. With him out and Farteinstein in foul trouble, we won the glass tonight. 

50 points by the MVP 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

This could be series changing. 

8 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Same ankle he had surgery on a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Same ankle he had surgery on a few months ago. 

With him being out, the game plan should be to attack Farteinstein early and get him in foul trouble if possible. We can win the boards battle again and tie the series.  

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

truth

Cam Payne being an additional ball handler is helping. 

If we could somehow get a 15 point lead next game sometime in the second half, maybe Council can get a few minutes. He can defend and rebound. He plays with a lot of energy. He can’t shoot but neither can Tobi anymore. I wonder how his d would be on Brunson. Give Oubre and Batum a little break so they can hit some shots on offense. 

Just now, Khani1 said:

If we could somehow get a 15 point lead next game sometime in the second half, maybe Council can get a few minutes. He can defend and rebound. He plays with a lot of energy. He can’t shoot but neither can Tobi anymore. I wonder how his d would be on Brunson. Give Oubre and Batum a little break so they can hit some shots on offense. 

I think you see him next year unless someone gets injured. Nurse barely gave him consistent minutes during the regular season. 

11 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I think you see him next year unless someone gets injured. Nurse barely gave him consistent minutes during the regular season. 

I’m actually more curious to see if melton gets any mins this series. He was active last night and did not play. If you are gonna play him it’s likely earlier in the game when he’s loose and not sitting on the bench for a long extended time so that you can see how he holds up. I’m on the fence if he even plays this series 

16 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Nurse used Council in closing minutes in the 4th in "must win” games at the end of the year. The dude can impact the game without shooting. We just need a scenario where he can get on the court to show it. 

1 hour ago, Khani1 said:

Cam Payne being an additional ball handler is helping. 

Cam hitting some shots was huge. The bench (and Buddy in particular) have not had much of an impact on the scoresheet. Other than Maxey and Embiid most haven't been a factor offensively. Oubre managed to get 15 points which was nice, but these guys need to help carry some of that scoring load as well. 

tobi exploded for 8 points. 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

tobi exploded for 8 points. 

Right at his average for the series of 8.3ppg 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Khani1 said:

Nurse used Council in closing minutes in the 4th in "must win” games at the end of the year. The dude can impact the game without shooting. We just need a scenario where he can get on the court to show it. 

I highly doubt it happens, it's the playoffs man and no room for error. Payne just now played and that was out of necessity to try to get something from a bench guy. 

Nurse played Martin Jr vs the Heat in a must win over Ricky. 

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I highly doubt it happens, it's the playoffs man and no room for error. Payne just now played and that was out of necessity to try to get something from a bench guy. 

Nurse played Martin Jr vs the Heat in a must win over Ricky. 

That logic goes out the window starting and playing Tobi heavy minutes. Nurse is a smart guy. He can see Tobi blows.

These long breaks between the last two games is not only helpful for Joel, but also for Batum and Lowry.